||World Wide Weird
This article shared 2745 times since Wed Jan 25, 2006
Every Breath you take...
When Jeffrey Dahmer dined on his victims, he did it so they would become part of him and never leave. Pity BreathCapture.com wasn't around back then. This place sells little glass vials so you can 'capture the breath of a loved one or friend and keep them close. Forever.' Imagine how much happier everyone would have been if Dahmer had just been able to get people to blow into a tube. Especially as he could have gotten chintzy 'art glass' vials to match each one's personality. There's a cute dog vial for Jamie, an exotic parrot vial for Curtis, a proud horse vial for Stephen, a red rose vial for Konerak...
Apparently god does windows
Behold, the Holy Bible in keychain form. You know those little keychain USB fobs you can use to carry data from one PC to another? Well this is basically one of those puppies, encased in a genuine plastic, faux-Bible housing and loaded up with the full text of the Holy Book. The included software used to acutally read it only works under Windows, but don't fret Mac users! You can always buy one, erase the contents and then load it up with the complete works of Aleister Crowley instead. Or maybe porn. Porn is always good.
Hot Monkey Socks
It's no secret that the staff here at WWWeird has a fondness for monkeys that borders on fetish, so it's no surprise that the company AmEx started itching as soon as we saw SockIt2Me.com . Sock monkeys galore! It's like the Vermont Teddy Bear Company of primate hosiery. We were particularly enamored with the 'Spock Monkey,' an item that is simultaneously creepy, cute, and geeky. The only thing better would be a Cthulhu Monkey, but we're pretty sure you'd have to make that from a glove. (That may be the most esoteric joke we've ever cracked. Two people are gonna get it. Tops.)
Take a Gander at this
Dean Adams makes rather, ummm, adult ceramic birds. Wow! So that's why he's called 'Big Bird'... and we thought it was just because he was so tall.
How long do you think it will be before the Cease and Desist letter from The Children's Workshop arrives?
This article shared 2745 times since Wed Jan 25, 2006
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|WINDY CITY TIMES annual Holiday Gift Guide, Part Two
- I'll drink to that Inspired by TV host Giuliana Rancic, Giuliana Prosecco ($14.99; TerlatoWines.com) is smooth, with a fruity scent and deceptively complex taste. It may sound weird to say you settled down with Giuliana after ...
|Halloween weirdness at Sidetrack 2019-11-12|
- Photos by Jerry Nunn ...
|WINTER THEATER SPECIAL Genre-defying works dot theater landscape 2019-01-29|
- There's a lot to be excited about on Chicago's upcoming theater slate. Winter promises dozens of shows premiering with weird, powerful and hilarious stories, and featuring fantastic casts. Get ready to put on your snow boots, ...
|Glad Rags' 'Wonder 'Under': An emotional kaleidoscope 2018-11-14|
- Local queer psychedelic orchestra band Glad Rags' second full-length album, Wonder Under, is an eclectic and weird ride in all the best ways. Although bringing to mind Tom Waits, with rich vocals graveling over horn and ...
|Northalsted Frost Fest, Feb. 25-26 2017-02-22|
- Cool off in this weirdly warm February at Northalsted Frost Fest, taking place this weekend, Sat., February 25 and Sun., February 26. Saturday brings you a Craft Beer Festival, featuring over 40 craft brews with the ...
|BOOK REVIEW You Don't Own Me: The Life and Times of Lesley Gore 2015-12-30|
- Your closet is packed with mistakes. Odd-colored shirts, patchwork jeans, alligators, prairie wear, weird ties, you wore it all once. But will those things ever be in style again, even if you wait long enough? No, ...
|DANCIN' FEATS A queer dance romance
by Lauren Warnecke - "It's kind of weird to be in a relationship in this community," said Erica Ricketts, 23, a 2013 grad of the Dance Center of Columbia College Chicago. As she navigates the challenging task of making a ...
- Barrel of Monkeys' That's Weird, Grandma: The Holiday Special is just like other editions of the family-friendly sketch show that draws its inspiration from writing workshops conducted with elementary students in underserved ...
|CRITICS' PICKS 2013-09-18|
- The Book of Mormon, Bank of America Theatre, through Oct. 6. Time is running out to catch this wildly acclaimed hit 2011 Broadway musical that not only takes pot-shots at some of the weirder aspects of ...
|DEEP TISSUE 2013-09-18|
a touching new column - One of the more entertaining aspects of doing massage on the fringe is some of the more eccentric weirdos that would grace my table. Many of them were repeat clients. My assumption was that once they ...
|DEEP TISSUE 2013-07-24|
a touching new column - During the years that I practiced massage some of the more memorable moments were spent fielding calls from prospective clients that ranged from simply inappropriate to weird and angry. Here are a few of the highlights: ...
|The hectic writing life of Ike Holter
SCOTTISH PLAY SCOTT - Chicago playwright Ike Holter is one busy man. The 28-year-old playwright behind last year's wildly acclaimed Stonewall Riots drama Hit the Wall has two new works debuting days apart: A 10-minute piece called Weirdo that's part ...
THEATER REVIEW - Playwright: Young Jean Lee. At: Red Tape Theatre, 621 W. Belmont Ave. (St. Peter's Church). Tickets: www.redtapetheatre.org; $25. Runs through: June 22 Weird play. Psycho-drama, really, akin to a much gentler version of Sarah Kane, the ...
|Billy Masters 2013-05-21|
- "Who hasn't dated a gay dude? He didn't tell me, but I just sort of figured it out. There were weird things he would say. He once tried on my heels. ... That was a pretty big indication."Gabourey Sidibe shares her ...
- Often ridiculed as a weird 1980 cult film musical that incorporates Greek mythology amid a roller disco, Xanadu has since gained some redemption in a critically acclaimed 2007 Broadway musical adaptation. Out playwright Douglas Carter Beane ...