PUBLISHER Terri Klinsky
EXECUTIVE EDITOR Andrew Davis
DIGITAL DIRECTOR AND WEB EDITOR Jean Albright
ART DIRECTOR AND ASSOCIATE EDITOR Kirk Williamson
BUSINESS MANAGER Ripley Caine
SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVES Terri Klinsky, Kirk Williamson
NATIONAL SALES Rivendell Media, 212-242-6863
SENIOR WRITERS Jonathan Abarbanel, Mary Shen Barnidge, Liz Baudler, Charlsie Dewey, Ross Forman, Carrie Maxwell, Rev. Irene Monroe, Jerry Nunn, Tony Peregrin, Angelique Smith, Sari Staver, Sarah Toce, Melissa Wasserman
WRITERS Sarah Katherine Bowden, Ada Cheng, Eric Formato, Joe Franco, Veronica Harrison, Kelsey Hoff, Aaron Hunt, Eric Karas, Brian Kirst, Billy Masters, Scott C. Morgan, Amelia Orozco, Ariel Parrella-Aureli, Kerry Reid, Dana Rudolph, Ana Serna, Karen Topham, Joseph Varisco, Regina Victor, Sean Margaret Wagner, Lauren Warnecke, Steve Warren, Lauren Emily Whalen
SENIOR PHOTOGRAPHERS Kat Fitzgerald, Hal Baim, Tim Carroll, Ed Negron
CIRCULATION DIRECTOR Jean Albright
DISTRIBUTION Dan, John, Sue and Victor
WEB HOSTING LoveYourWebsite.com (lead programmer: Martie Marro)
FOUNDER AND PRESIDENT Tracy Baim
(773) 871-7610 FAX (773) 871-7609
Editorial: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Sales: email@example.com .
Calendar: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Circulation: email@example.com .
Art/ad copy: firstname.lastname@example.org .
WINDY CITY MEDIA GROUP
5315 N. Clark St. #192
Chicago, IL, 60640 U.S.A
(MAILING ADDRESS ONLY)
ABOUT WINDY CITY MEDIA GROUP
Windy City Media Group serves the diverse communication needs of the LGBTQ community.
Windy City Media Group announced on Sept. 9, 2020 that, as of Sept. 30, 2020, the biweekly print version will cease. News and feature coverage will continue digitally at www.windycitymediagroup.com.
The site has archived 70,000 news and feature articles, videos, a weekly e-blast and other previous products including Nightspots, a biweekly, four-color, glossy entertainment guide; Blacklines; En La Vida and Identity. Until 2015, WCMG also produced a twice-weekly podcast, Windy City Queercast, archived at https://windycityqueercast.com.
WCT has been a free newspaper serving the Chicago LGBTQ since 1985. Since the mid-1990s, it has also grown as a daily online platform, and several years ago, the online audience surpassed the print publication readers. As more and more people receive their news daily online, WCT has kept pace on the web, email and social media. More than 125,000 unique visitors visit the WCT website each month, with 22,000 on Twitter, 15,500 on Facebook and 2,000 on Instagram.
For details contact Publisher Terri Klinsky at email@example.com .
WINDY CITY TIMES
Windy City Times is the only Chicago gay media outlet with demographics audited by outside companies, Harris Interactive and Community Marketing, Inc. These statistics are rated against the U.S. average for every category, and those detailed reports are available upon request.
Published since 1985, Windy City Times and its reporters have won numerous local and national journalism and community awards. Here are some of the highlights:
- Numerous community awards from a wide range of organizations, including Crain's Chicago Business 40 Under 40, Society of Professional Journalists, National LGBT Journalists Association, Knight Ministry, Astraea Lesbian Fund, OPLAGA, Crossroads Fund, Human Rights Campaign, American Civil Liberties Union, National Organization for Women, Affinity, Federation of Gay Games, Dignity, Association of Latin Men in Action, March on Washington, Test Positive Aware Network, Bailiwick Theatre and more
- Chicago Peter Lisagor journalism awards, numerous winning entrants and finalists, plus Publisher Tracy Baim was inducted into their the Hall of Fame.
- Studs Terkel 2005 Journalism Award for founder and then publisher Tracy Baim
- Chicago Gay and Lesbian Hall of Fame induction for WCT Publisher and several key staff and writers.
- National Lesbian & Gay Journalists Association: National awards for writing, Baim inducted into their Hall of Fame
- National GLAAD Awards, winning entries and finalists
- Q Syndicate national press awards.
- Windy City Times special investigative projects have been sited as important contributions to the community, including AIDS @ 30, LGBTS in the Criminal Legal System, and Generation Halsted
- Windy City Times and its staff are also engaged deeply in the community, helping to organize Gay Games VII in 2006, the 2013 March on Springfield for Marriage Equality, the 2014 Homeless LGBT Youth Summit, Chicago Youth Storage Initiative, Chicago Tiny Homes Project, Pride Action Tank, and numerous other community events and benefits.
Because of its depth of coverage, readers and advertisers in Windy City Times and other Windy City Media Group products have a long-term loyalty. Some advertisers have been in every issue since 1985. There is a great value in high name recognition and community support, which extends to sponsorship of literally hundreds of events each year in Chicago.
Windy City Media Group is a respected and integral part of the Chicago gay and lesbian community and we welcome you as part of our team.
The latest in hot events, dining, news and more delivered right to your inbox every week.
OUT! Chicago's LGBTQ Visitor's Guide Online .
Browse all Windy City Media Group products, including the most comprehensive LGBT online archive in Chicago, at www.windycitymediagroup.com .
podcast archives: WindyCityQueercast.com .
Copyright 2020 Lambda Publications Inc./Windy City Media Group; All rights reserved. Reprint by permission only. Back issues (if available) for $5 per issue (postage included). Return postage must accompany all manuscripts, drawings, and photographs submitted if they are to be returned, and no responsibility may be assumed for unsolicited materials. All rights to letters, art and photographs sent to Windy City Times will be treated as unconditionally assigned for publication purposes and as such, subject to editing and comment. The opinions expressed by the columnists, cartoonists, letter writers, and commentators are their own and do not necessarily reflect the position of Windy City Times. Publication of the name, photograph, or likeness of a person or organization in articles or advertising in Windy City Times is not to be construed as any indication of the sexual orientation of such person or organization. While we encourage readers to support the advertisers who make this newspaper possible, Windy City Times cannot accept responsibility for advertising claims.
"Windy City Media Group generated enormous interest among their readers in this year's LGBT Consumer Index Survey. Out of approximately 100 print and online media partners who participated in the survey, Windy City was the best performing regional media in the U.S. Only survey partners with a nationwide footprint were able to generate a greater number of responses." David Marshall, Research Director, Community Marketing, Inc.