||Northalsted Frost Fest, Feb. 25-26
This article shared 442 times since Wed Feb 22, 2017
Cool off in this weirdly warm February at Northalsted Frost Fest, taking place this weekend, Sat., February 25 and Sun., February 26.
Saturday brings you a Craft Beer Festival, featuring over 40 craft brews with the opportunity to sample your choice of 15 of them while dancing in their huge outdoor heated ( if need be ) tent.
Then on Sunday, fill your bellies with the fourth annual Soup Walk, featuring soups from Northalsted's finest restaurants which can be sampled at different retail locations along Halsted and Broadway.
For more info, including ticket information, visit www.northalsted.com/events/frost-fest/ .
Photos from 2015's Frost Fest by Anthony Meade.
This article shared 442 times since Wed Feb 22, 2017
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|'Andersonville Homecoming' Sept. 24-26; line-up, vendors, safety protocols announced 2021-09-15|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (Sept. 15, 2021) — The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce (ACC) is pleased to announce the full entertainment line-up and vendors for Andersonville Homecoming--a three-night, two-day outdoor festival featuring ...
|Next OUTspoken show Sept. 7 2021-08-24|
- An OUTspoken Storytelling Night taking place Tuesday, Sept. 7, will offer tales told by six people who will relate their stories of fun and fortune from a LGBTQ+ perspective. The entertainment will start at 7 p.m. ...
|Taste of River North cancelled 2021-07-29|
- On July 29, the River North Residents Association, along with theMART and Duff Entertainment, announced the cancellation of the 2021 edition of Taste of River North. The event was slated to take place Aug. 20-21 at ...
|OUTspoken storytelling to host six takes from LGBTQ+ perspective 2021-07-26|
--From a press release - The month of August is hot - but OUTspoken at the Sidetrack will be even hotter on Aug. 3 when six storytellers will tell tales of fun and fortune from a LGBTQ+ perspective! The program will start at 7:00 pm at ...
|LGBTQIA+ tavern to open in Uptown this fall 2021-07-14|
- 2Bears Tavern Groupwhich owns and operates Andersonville's The SoFo Tap and Meeting House Tavern as well as Rogers Park's Jackhammeris opening 2Bears Tavern Uptown in the former Nick's on Wilson space at 1140 W. Wilson Ave. ...
|Pride Parade coordinator provides latest on the 'likely scenario' for event 2021-05-08|
- Tim Frye, the coordinator of the 2021 Pride Parade, told Windy City Times that the assessment of this year's event has not changed over the last few weeks. The official statement/assessment at this point is: "We ...
|OUTspoken Storytelling to host tales from LGBTQ perspectives Nov. 10 2020-11-01|
--From a press release - Another exciting OUTspoken Storytelling Night will offer the perspective of four Chicagoans telling life's stories from their LGBTQ+ viewpoint or that of their close friends and relatives, Tuesday, Nov. 10, starting at 7 p.m. on Zoom. ...
|Arts in the Dark Halloween Parade, this year a drive-through 2020-10-26|
--From a Chicago Park District press release - CHICAGO: LUMA8, in collaboration with the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE), the Chicago Park District and Presenting Sponsor, the Blommer Chocolate Company, is pleased to announce Arts in the Dark - an UPSIDE ...
|Nightlines 1990-2001, Nightspots 2001-2015 2020-09-30|
- Throughout the 1990s, Nightlines focused on the LGBTQ entertainment scene, from the bars to the stage and everything in between. With the new millennium came a significant format change as Nightspots focused in on the bar ...
|PASSAGES Former Northalsted bartender Eric Sangster dies at 37 2020-09-27|
- Northalsted bartender Eric Sangster died Sept. 17 unexpectedly at the age of 37. At the time of this article's publication, Sangster's cause of death is unknown. Sangster was born June 4, 1983, on a Jacksonville, North ...
|PASSAGES Gay business owner/nightlife figure Bob Yeaworth dies 2020-09-20|
- Gay business owner and promoter Robert "Bob" Yeaworth died Sept. 14 from complications due to his ALS (also known as Lou Gehrig's disease) diagnosis. He was 64. Yeaworth was born Sept. 17, 1955 in Cincinnati, Ohio, ...
|PASSAGES Medusa's owner Dave Shelton passes away 2020-08-19|
- Dave Shelton, a.k.a. Dave "Medusa" Sheltonso named for his trademark frizzy locks "just was different," recalled his good friend of 45 years, Richard Cooke. Shelton was the proprietor of the iconic nightspot Medusa's on Sheffield in ...
|Gerber/Hart fall benefit Sept. 12-13
- The Gerber/Hart Library and Archives fall benefit"Saving LGBTQ History: Archives in a Time of Activism"will take place Sept. 12-13 at the venue, 6500 N. Clark St. On those days, there will be a series of 90-minute ...
|Holocaust Museum's virtual soiree Sept. 2 2020-08-06|
- On Wed., Sept. 2, Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center's Women's Leadership Committee will host its annual soirée virtually. The event will stream live from a studio with a star-studded line-up featuring a musical performance by ...
|Virtual OPALGA+ scholarship gala slated for Oct. 24 2020-08-06|
- OPALGA+/Oak Park Area Lesbian & Gay Association will hold a virtual scholarship gala Saturday, Oct. 24, at 7 p.m. The event will feature video clips from the organization's scholarship winners, the Founder's Award celebration and opportunities ...