||Nightspots gift suggestions
This article shared 2749 times since Wed Dec 8, 2010
For something hotter than coffee on your coffee table, pick up a copy of Brief Encounters ( $43.99, www.brunogmuender.com ) . Fashion editor Jason Salzenstein has gathered the best-known brands and introduces them with short but informing texts; long disquisitions would be redundant, since the spectacular images of the advertising campaigns speak a clear language. If you are a fan of briefs already, you shouldn't wait to get your copy. But of course this book has plenty to offer for everybody else as well: Designers have long ago realized that gay men are a grateful target groupand they allure us with perfectly trained top models and fantastic campaigns.
It's a scream
Chicago's premier LGBT-comedy company, GayCo Productions, has more than Kindles and AppleTVs to set beneath the tree this year. Their second original holiday revue, Scream If You Love Christmas, unwraps like an explosion of tinsel-laden satire on the one time of year that has everyone shrieking... in ecstasy or in pain. The show opens Thursday, December 9 at Annoyance Theatre and runs through Dec. 30. It is written and performed by Kelly Beeman, Jim Bennett, Kathy Betts, Judy Fabjance, Clay Goodpasture, Vincent Kracht, and Nightspots columnist Homer Marrs.
This article shared 2749 times since Wed Dec 8, 2010
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Windy City Times holiday shopping guide 2022-12-03|
- If you're looking for ideas for holiday gifts, check out what we have to offer: A supreme idea: You may not know this but one of the coolest new stores in Chicago is the Wicker Park spot Supreme, at 1438 N. ...
|Five Worth Finding: Mango Pickle, play about gay movie stars and more 2022-01-24|
- Mango Pickle: I've written about this Edgewater restaurant beforeand, fortunately, the unique quality of the Indian menu items remains. I was fortunate enough to recently experience the 21 Days of ...
|Five Worth Finding: Gift ideas 2021-12-15|
- With the holidays almost upon us, here are a few items to consider: Samsung items: Some people may just think phones and computers when they think of Samsung, but the company offers so much more. For ...
|WINDY CITY TIMES HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2021 2021-12-03|
- Yes, it’s that time of the year when it’s especially emphasized that it’s better to give than to receive. With that in mind, here are some items you may want to consider getting that relative, friend or significant other. ...
|Five Worth Finding: Harold Washington, volcanic water and more 2021-10-07|
- Mayor Harold Washington's LGBTQ+ legacy: The LGBTQ legacy of late Chicago Mayor Harold Washington (1922-1987) will be discussed as part of a series of events marking his 100th birthday in 2022. This free LGBTQ event will ...
|Five Worth Finding: 'Swan Song,' mental-health event, Halloween items, artwork 2021-09-04|
- Technically, there are six items here, but they're all highly recommended. Swan Song: Throughout his long and storied career, German actor Udo Kier has taken on many roles but probably none as indelible as former hairdresser Pat ...
|Romanticism to Ruin exhibition opening September 24 2021-08-19|
--From a press release - Romanticism to Ruin: Two Lost Works of Sullivan and Wright, Wrightwood 659's fall exhibition, opens Sept. 24. Tickets are now available. The great American architects Louis H. Sullivan and Frank Lloyd Wright had rare gifts for ...
|Five Worth Finding: Gerber/Hart, 'Mr. Soul!,' S'mores desserts and more 2021-08-09|
- Stacks of Laughter: Gerber/Hart Library and Archives, 6500 N. Clark St.. will host a comedy benefit, "Stacks of Laughter," on Saturday, Sept. 18. At 6 p.m., there will be a VIP reception with local historian John ...
|Five Worth Finding: Skydeck, a great Italian dinner and more 2021-05-03|
- Skydeck Chicago at Willis Tower (TheSkydeck.com): The famed Skydeck Chicago, 103 stories up at Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower) has reopened complete with the ledges (that separate people from the city ...
|WINDY CITY TIMES annual Holiday Gift Guide, Part Two
- I'll drink to that Inspired by TV host Giuliana Rancic, Giuliana Prosecco ($14.99; TerlatoWines.com) is smooth, with a fruity scent and deceptively complex taste. It may sound weird to say you settled down with Giuliana after ...
|WINDY CITY TIMES 2019 Holiday Gift Guide Part One of Two 2019-11-27|
- Feel the heat We all know the polar vortex may be revisiting sooner rather than letter, so be ready with Heat Holders socks and gloves (various prices; HeatHolders.com). The socks, specially developed with cashmere-like acrylic yarn, ...
|Five Worth Finding: TeaPotBrew, 'The GayBCs' and more 2019-10-29|
- TeaPotBrew Bakery: Nestled in the South Loop/Prairie District, this bakery (1802 S. Wabash St.; 312-966-6001) features dozens of teas, delicious sandwiches/pastries and the friendliest staffers you'll likely to encounter. Also ...
Five Worth Finding: Pride, Carol's Cookies, Kimpton Gray and more 2019-06-18|
- The Queeriodic Table: A Celebration of LGBTQ+ Culture: Harriet Dyer's book (a take on the periodic table, of course) contains a glossary on current lingo and definitions; a condensed timeline of queer events from 1000 B.C.; ...
|Five Worth Finding: Emotional book, Studio Three and more 2019-03-03|
- The Truth About Aaron: This book about the late football star/convicted murdered Aaron Hernandez, written by brother Jonathan, is a warts-and-all account of the sometimes brutal childhood Aaron had. Among ...
|Five Worth Finding, Beverages, Auto Show and more 2019-02-04|
- Sodastream Fizzi One Touch (Sodastream.com): This eco-friendly sparking-soda maker has been getting tons of positive reviewsand there are several reasons for this. It's absolutely easy to use, there's top-notch customer ...