WINDY CITY TIMES
||Nielsens and Gays
This article shared 1474 times since Wed Sep 29, 2004
The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation and Nielsen Media Research are working to help quantify the TV viewing habits of GLBTs. Good luck!
Nielsen has always claimed to have a representational demographic, but they don't ask any sexual orientation questions.
'Information is power, and with this information the LGBT community, a community that has been largely defined by stereotype or misinformation, will benefit,' said Stephen Macias, GLAAD's entertainment media director. 'Until you define what the gay market is you can't program to it, and you can't solicit the support of advertisers for programs that appeal to a gay audience.'
The two sides are coming together to figure out the best way to seek the info.
This article shared 1474 times since Wed Sep 29, 2004
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Gavin Newsom wins Calif. recall election 2021-09-15|
- On Sept. 14, California Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom defeated a GOP-backed effort to remove him from office, media outlets reported. Speaking from Sacramento, Newsom thanked Californians for rejecting the recall effort, according to CNN.com. He also ...
|Britney Spears' dad petitions to end conservatorship 2021-09-08|
- In a huge win for pop star Britney Spears, her father and the conservator of her estate, Jamie Spears, filed a petition to end the arrangement on Sept. 7, media outlets reported. Jamie cited his daughter's ...
|SPORTS Red Stars teaming with Univision for Sept. 25 game 2021-08-23|
- The Chicago Red Stars of the National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) and Univision Chicagopart of Univision Communications Inc., the leading Spanish-language media and content company in the countryannounced a first-time ...
|COVID FDA grants full approval to Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine 2021-08-23|
- On Aug. 23, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA granted full approval to the Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for people age 16 and older, media outlets reported. This is the first coronavirus vaccine approved by the ...
|GLAAD highlights how Olympians used Tokyo Games to call for LGBTQ acceptance 2021-08-11|
--From a press release - (August 11, 2021) GLAAD, the world's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) media advocacy organization, is highlighting how this year's historic number of out LGBTQ athletes repeatedly stood ...
|Windy City Times fellowships available 2021-08-06|
- Windy City Times will have four paid internships for writers available this fall as part of a new journalism education initiative, "Training the Next Generation of LGBTQ Journalists and Storytellers," in partnership with the Field Foundation. ...
|DaBaby apologizes for 'misinformed' comments about AIDS, LGBTQ people 2021-08-03|
- After his headlining sets at Lollapalooza, Governors Ball and Day N Vegas festivals were canceled within 24 hours of each other, rapper DaBaby issued another apology to the LGBTQ community, Variety reported. "Social Media moves so ...
|Rapper DaBaby defends anti-gay comments 2021-07-27|
- Rapper DaBaby addressed his recent controversial comments at the Rolling Loud music festival in Miami—and drew the ire of many on social media, CNN.com noted. During the performance, he made false and insulting comments about gay ...
|NBC Sports apologizes for misgendering Olympian; GLAAD responds 2021-07-27|
- GLAAD responded to media coverage of the first several days of the 2020 Olympics and Paralympics in Tokyo, including the misgendering of Team USA skateboarder Alana Smith. Smith made Olympic history July 25 as the first ...
|Chicago Filmmakers awards $100,000 to local social injustice digital media projects 2021-07-20|
--From a press release - (July 20, 2021 — Chicago, IL) Chicago Filmmakers is pleased to announce that the Chicago Digital Media Production Fund (CDMPF) has awarded a total of $100,000 in grants to eight Chicago artists for the production of ...
|GLAAD Studio Responsibility Index shows more LGBTQ character screen time, not so for trans 2021-07-15|
--From a press release - Los Angeles, CA - Thursday, July 15, 2021 - GLAAD, the world's largest LGBTQ media advocacy organization, today released its ninth annual Studio Responsibility Index (SRI), a study that maps the quantity, quality, and diversity of ...
|Association of LGBTQ Journalists names 2021 Excellence in Journalism awardees 2021-07-14|
--From a press release - WASHINGTON, D.C. (July 14, 2021) — Today, NLGJA: The Association of LGBTQ Journalists announced the recipients of its 2021 Excellence in Journalism Awards and recognized exemplary work produced in 2020. ...
|Supreme Court refuses to hear anti-gay florist's case 2021-07-03|
- On July 2, the U.S. Supreme Court declined to hear the case of a florist who refused to provide services for a same-sex weddingleaving in place a decision that she broke state anti-discrimination laws, media outlets ...
|Making Gay History Podcast to launch Season 9:"Coming of Age During the AIDS Crisis" 2021-06-24|
--From a press release - NEW YORK, NY — Thursday, June 24, 2021 — The award-winning Making Gay History podcast will debut its ninth season, "Coming of Age During the AIDS Crisis," on July 1, 2021. After eight seasons of episodes ...
- "I like dick. 'Are you gay?' Where've you been? I'm REALLY gay. I love it. I love being gay. Happy Pride everybody." Adam Lambert's response when someone on social media asked if he's gay. Asked and ...