||Five Worth Finding
Special to the online edition of Windy City Times
This article shared 1460 times since Tue Apr 5, 2016
DAVIDsTEA spring collection: DAVIDsTEA is known for having some very cool collection, and this most recent one is no exception. The Spring Collection ( $24 ) includes five limited edition teas: Raspberry Cream, Fruits of Paradise, White Nectarine, Pistachio Ice Cream and Monk's Blend ( with milk oolong and jasmine pearls ).
trilipiderm ( Trilipiderm.com ): trilipiderm aims at helping people at retaining hydrationand it certainly works very well on that level. ( It's also very pleasant-smelling without being overwhelming. ) The product line includes the Broad Spectrum SPF 30 with Vitamin D, which is pharmacist-recommended and one of the only over-the-counter SPF moisturizers to have an NDC ( national drug code ), and the All-Body Moisture Retention Creme.
Foreo Luna ( Foreo.com ): Another skin-care product, Foreo incorporates the T-Sonic™ cleansing system into an optimized design. The result is a device that simultaneously massages and exfoliates. Moreover, there are specific products for men and women.
The First Monday in May: If you loved Vogue editrix Anna Wintour in the documentary The September Issue, odds are that you'll enjoy her as well in the upcoming doc The First Monday in May, which spotlights the fashion icon and her efforts to organize The Met Ball. The movie also follows the creation of The Metropolitan Museum of Art's most attended fashion exhibition in history, China: Through The Looking Glass. The movie will be released in select cities April 15.
Journey to Same-Sex Parenthood: In this acclaimed book, author, activist and father Eric Rosswood guides and helps prospective LGBT parents to explore five popular options: adoption, foster care, assisted reproduction, surrogacy and co-parenting. It also features a foreword from actress/activist Melissa Gilbert ( TV's Little House on the Prairie ).
By Andrew Davis
( Andrew@WindyCityMediaGroup.com and @azygous60610 )
This article shared 1460 times since Tue Apr 5, 2016
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Windy City Times holiday shopping guide 2022-12-03|
- If you're looking for ideas for holiday gifts, check out what we have to offer: A supreme idea: You may not know this but one of the coolest new stores in Chicago is the Wicker Park spot Supreme, at 1438 N. ...
|Five Worth Finding: COVID book, 'Wicked' cocktails, 'A Taste of Hope' and more 2022-10-24|
- —COVID-19, the LGBTQIA+ Community and Public Policy: As studies emerge to help us understand the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on every facet of modern life, it is critical that the effect of the pandemic on ...
|Five Worth Finding: Movie short, 'Kaepernick,' ice cream and more 2022-08-14|
- —Fraud: Non-binary director Zen Zadih Pace's debut narrative short, Fraud—starring trans actress Dana Aliya Levinson (STARZ's American Gods) and Babak Tafti (Showtime's Super Pumped)—was selected for ...
|Five Worth Finding: WNDR Museum, Prince, queer books, flowers 2022-06-16|
- WNDR Museum's Pride event "Crafting with Queens": The West Loop museum is usually entertainment and, um, wondrous enough on its ownbut during Pride Month, WNDR is queering things up with "Crafting with Queens" on Tuesday, ...
|Five Worth Finding: Chocolate festival, lesbian sci-fi film, 'Smahtguy' 2022-05-16|
- —The Long Grove Chocolate Festival: The beloved Chocolate Festival will return to the historic streets and parkways of downtown Long Grove for the first time in three years, May 20-22. Chocolate lovers can experience so much—including ...
|Five Worth Finding: Horror film, fantasy series, 'Women in Wine' 2022-03-07|
- The Last Thing Mary Saw: Offered exclusively on Shudder, The Last Thing Mary Saw (directed by Edoardo Vitaletti) is an engaging treat. In 19th-century New York, Young Mary, blood trickling from behind the blindfold tied around ...
|Five Worth Finding: Mango Pickle, play about gay movie stars and more 2022-01-24|
- Mango Pickle: I've written about this Edgewater restaurant beforeand, fortunately, the unique quality of the Indian menu items remains. I was fortunate enough to recently experience the 21 Days of ...
|Five Worth Finding: Gift ideas 2021-12-15|
- With the holidays almost upon us, here are a few items to consider: Samsung items: Some people may just think phones and computers when they think of Samsung, but the company offers so much more. For ...
|Five Worth Finding: World AIDS Day, 'Benedetta,' books, wine in a can 2021-11-26|
- World AIDS Day event at Belmont Harbor: The Chicago Parks Foundation will hold a World AIDS Day event on Dec. 1, 9-10:30 a.m., at the Belmont Harbor Yacht Club. Antonio King, LGBTQ health and outreach liaison ...
|Five Worth Finding: Harold Washington, volcanic water and more 2021-10-07|
- Mayor Harold Washington's LGBTQ+ legacy: The LGBTQ legacy of late Chicago Mayor Harold Washington (1922-1987) will be discussed as part of a series of events marking his 100th birthday in 2022. This free LGBTQ event will ...
|Five Worth Finding: 'Swan Song,' mental-health event, Halloween items, artwork 2021-09-04|
- Technically, there are six items here, but they're all highly recommended. Swan Song: Throughout his long and storied career, German actor Udo Kier has taken on many roles but probably none as indelible as former hairdresser Pat ...
|Romanticism to Ruin exhibition opening September 24 2021-08-19|
--From a press release - Romanticism to Ruin: Two Lost Works of Sullivan and Wright, Wrightwood 659's fall exhibition, opens Sept. 24. Tickets are now available. The great American architects Louis H. Sullivan and Frank Lloyd Wright had rare gifts for ...
|Five Worth Finding: Gerber/Hart, 'Mr. Soul!,' S'mores desserts and more 2021-08-09|
- Stacks of Laughter: Gerber/Hart Library and Archives, 6500 N. Clark St.. will host a comedy benefit, "Stacks of Laughter," on Saturday, Sept. 18. At 6 p.m., there will be a VIP reception with local historian John ...
|Five Worth Finding: Rainbow Soap, Billy Porter, Honey West and more 2021-06-12|
- Soap Distillery's Rainbow Soap (SoapDistillery.com): To help celebrate Pride Month, many businesses are offering rainbow versions of their products and Chicago's Soap Distillery is no exception. A portion of proceeds ...
|Five Worth Finding: Skydeck, a great Italian dinner and more 2021-05-03|
- Skydeck Chicago at Willis Tower (TheSkydeck.com): The famed Skydeck Chicago, 103 stories up at Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower) has reopened complete with the ledges (that separate people from the city ...