WINDY CITY TIMES
||Queer Valentine's Day event at MCA
This article shared 2798 times since Wed Feb 5, 2020
"Odd Pleasures: A Queer Valentine's Day Event" will take place Friday, Feb. 14, 7-8:30 p.m., at the Museum for Contemporary Art ( MCA ), 200 E. Chicago Ave.
Chicago drag queen/comedian Aunty Chan will host the variety show, which is intended for people 16 and older. The event is described as "an evening designed to engage multiple senses in pleasures big and small including live ASMR, drag, comedy, short movies and youth-designed artist interactions."
Admission is $8-$10/person; visit MCAChicago.org/Calendar/2020/02/Odd-Pleasures-A-Queer-Valentines-Day-Event .
This article shared 2798 times since Wed Feb 5, 2020
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|llinois Holocaust Museum hosts talk on Stonewall and the LGBTQ-rights movement 2021-10-24|
- On Oct. 17, Skokie's Illinois Holocaust Museum and Education Center hosted a "Legacy of Stonewall and the LGBTQ Rights Movement" panel discussion to kick off its latest exhibit, "Rise Up: Stonewall and the LGBTQ Rights Movement." ...
|LGBT History Month: Staten Island museum throws open Austen's closet door 2021-10-22|
- It's been a long time coming, but officials at the Alice Austen House on New York's Staten Island have thrown open the closet door, now fully embracing the lesbian pioneer and photographer who lived in the ...
|Pandemic Pivot: Museum launches major digital exhibit for LGBT History Month 2021-10-05|
- "In Plain Sight' offers website visitors a digital timeline of LGBT achievements including 800 entries across 10 categories Visitors to the Stonewall National Museum and Archives (SNMA) in Fort Lauderdale, one of the largest LGBT lending ...
|Pritzker Military Museum, Library to screen TransMilitary doc, Q&A with special guests 2021-09-28|
--From a press release - CHICAGO, IL (September 27, 2021) On Thursday, Sept. 30, at 5:30 p.m., the Pritzker Military Museum & Library will host the screening of the 2018 SXSW Audience Award Winner for Best Documentary TransMilitary. The program will ...
|THEATER REVIEW The Golden Girls: The Lost Episodes, Volume 5-SEX! 2021-09-24|
- Title: The Golden Girls: The Lost Episodes, Volume 5—SEX! Playwright: David Cerda At: Hell In a Handbag Productions at the Leather Archives and Museum. Tickets: $27-$45. Runs through: HandbagProductions.org It could almost be the premise for ...
|Art Institute workers forming union 2021-09-22|
- With backing for a majority of employees, organizers at the Art Institute of Chicago announced they are asking the museum to voluntarily recognize the first labor union at the cultural institution, The Chicago Tribune reported. The ...
|Illinois Holocaust Museum to show LGBTQ+ exhibit starting Oct. 17 2021-09-03|
- Starting Oct. 17, Skokie's Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center will host the exhibit "Rise Up: Stonewall and the LGBTQ Rights Movement," which explores the June 1969 police raid of the Stonewall Inn as the flashpoint ...
|MCA names Laura Herrera Senior Director of Communications and Content 2021-08-26|
--From a press release - Madeleine Grynsztejn, Pritzker Director of the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago, announces the appointment of Laura Herrera as Senior Director of Communications and Content, a newly created position that advances ...
|ART 'Frida Kahlo: Timeless' extended to Sept. 12 2021-08-26|
- "Frida Kahlo: Timeless," hosted by the Cleve Carney Museum of Art (CCMA) and the McAninch Arts Center (MAC) at the College of DuPage (COD), has been extended an additional week to Sept. 12. To date, "Timeless" ...
|ART College of DuPage to showcase Tony Fitzpatrick's final exhibition 2021-08-17|
- The Cleve Carney Museum of Art (CCMA), at 425 Fawell Blvd. on the College of DuPage campus, will open its season with "Tony Fitzpatrick: Jesus of Western Avenue." This will be the final museum exhibition by ...
|Filmmakers debut Latinx-centered pandemic documentary 2021-08-06|
- Community members gathered at Chicago History Museum (CHM) July 22 for the debut of the locally produced documentary Seguimos Aqui: Pride, Pandemic and Perseverance as well as a conversation with that film's primary collaborators. Seguimos Aqu ...
|Donnelley Foundation announces 'Broadening Narratives' grant recipients 2021-07-27|
- The Chicago-based Gaylord and Dorothy Donnelley Foundation (the Foundation)which supports land conservation, artistic vitality and regional collections for the people of the Chicago region and the Lowcountry of South Carolinaannounces ...
|Neon and Light Museum pop-up to start Sept. 9 2021-07-14|
- The new Neon and Light Museum pop-up invites guests to stand in, under and around approximately 70 professional neon and light-based sculptures in an exhibition opening in River North at 325 W. Huron St. (formerly the ...
|Local film about Latinx community and COVID to screen July 22 2021-07-12|
- On Thursday, July 22, at 6 p.m., the Chicago History Museum, 1601 N. Clark St., will host a screening of the film Seguimos Aqui. This documentary tells four unique stories of the impact of COVID on ...
|Illinois Holocaust Museum hosts 'Reflecting on LGBTQ+ Pride in the Time of COVID-19' virtual panel 2021-07-02|
- On June 30, the Illinois Holocaust Museum and Education Center (IHMEC) hosted a "Reflecting on LGBTQ+ Pride in the Time of COVID-19" virtual panel. Chicago Sun-Times and ABC-7 Chicago columnist and political analyst Laura Washington moderated ...