||Lips Chicago to present 'A Night of Stars' with Michael Dean as Cher
--From a press release
This article shared 1637 times since Sat Aug 12, 2023
CHICAGO (July 27, 2023) Lips Chicago, the ultimate in drag dining, is proud to present "A Night of Stars," with special guest Michael Dean as Cher. It's the second annual charitable fundraiser in support of Connections for Abused Women and Their Children (CAWC), on Thursday, August 17, at 7 p.m. The community is invited to attend and cheer on their favorite community divas during this glittering and glamorous evening for a good cause. Tickets are on sale, now. www.cawc.org/lips-fundraiser/ .
This highly anticipated event, hosted by Lips' show hostess Ruff n' Stuff, will feature a special appearance by the renowned Michael Dean as Cher. An in-demand entertainer who brings the magic of Cher to every performance, Michael Dean as Cher has established himself as a leading impersonator. He has performed around the country for charitable and corporate events, dinner shows, expos and pride parades.
The evening will also feature community leaders Evan Rhodus and Lashauna Wilcoxon who will create their very own drag personas. They will get their glitz and glam celebrity looks on in front of a live audience for a worthy cause.
"We couldn't be more thrilled about the return of this event which allows us to support the families of Chicago and the mission of Connections for Abused Women and Their Children," said Yvonne Lamé, Lips founder and co-owner. "Lips has a strong commitment to giving back to the community and our show palace provides the perfect backdrop for these memorable occasions."
Reservations are required for Lips' "A Night of Stars" to benefit CAWC. Tickets are $80 per person and include a three-course dinner, gratuity and the show. Tables of six are $425. To reserve seats, visit www.cawc.org/lips-fundraiser/ .
About Lips Chicago
Experience America's #1 Drag Show for over 25 years at Lips Chicago. The ultimate in drag dining, Lips offers a different drag queen show nightly featuring an amazing cast of characters performing in themed shows Wednesday through Sunday including Bitchy Bingo, The Divas, Glitz & Glam, Dragalicious and Gospel Brunch and Showstopper Sundays. Not only does Lips offer the best in drag queen entertainment, but it also features a delicious menu including, grilled salmon, NY steak fritte, parmesan-crusted chicken, lobster ravioli, jumbo shrimp fettuccine, lobster ravioli and a full bar. Lips Chicago, with sister properties in New York City, San Diego, Atlanta, and Fort Lauderdale, is located at 2229 S. Michigan Avenue in Chicago. For reservations and more information, please call (312) 815-2662 or visit www.lipschicago.com .
About Connections for Abused Women and their Children (CAWC)
Connections for Abused Women and their Children (CAWC) is a 501(c)3 designated nonprofit organization, staffed by a team of multi-cultural, bilingual professionals, volunteers, student interns and governed by a volunteer member Board of Directors who represent a variety of business and community interests. CAWC enjoys a broad base of support from government, corporations, foundations, United Way and individual contributions as well as special event revenues. With a long history of service and advocacy for abused women and their children and over the years, CAWC has evolved in response to changing needs, focusing on client-based services that are both trauma-informed and trauma-sensitive. CAWC continues to be a recognized leader in the domestic violence field; active in coalitions and advocacy groups in the City and the State. It is known throughout Chicago for its emphasis on bi-cultural, bilingual services. Connections for Abused Women and their Children is a member of the Illinois Coalition Against Domestic Violence and the Metropolitan Chicago Battered Women's Network. For more information, call (773) 489-9081 or visit www.cawc.org .
This article shared 1637 times since Sat Aug 12, 2023
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Judge halts Texas' ban on drag performances 2023-09-01|
- U.S. District Judge for the Southern District of Texas David Hittner has stopped the state's ban on drag performanceswhich was scheduled to go into place on Sept. 1enforcing a temporary injunction, media outlets reported. A coalition ...
|LIPS Chicago presents Second Annual Night of Stars Fundraiser 2023-08-21|
- On Aug. 17, LIPS Chicago presented its second annual Night of Stars featuring a special appearance by Cher impersonator Michael Dean. The nearly sold-out event benefitted Connections of Abused Women and their Children, and featured a ...
|SHOWBIZ Variety event, Saucy Santana, Liberace, 'Kokomo City,' Robin Roberts 2023-08-18|
Videos below - Variety held its 2023 Power of Young Hollywood event honoring actress Sydney Sweeney (Euphoria; The White Lotus), out actor Noah Schnapp (Stranger Things) and LGBTQ+ musician Steve Lacy, per a press release. A few of the ...
|Man pleads guilty to hate crime at UpRising Bakery 2023-08-17|
- Alsip, Illinois resident Joseph I. Collins, 25, pled guilty on Aug. 16 to committing a hate crime last summer at UpRising Bakery and Cafe, a Lake in the Hills business that was preparing to host a ...
|WORLD Sauna raid, HIV items, World Bank, 'Barbie,' JK Rowling 2023-08-11|
- In Venezuela, three men who were arrested when authorities raided a gay sauna on July 23 have been released from jail, per The Washington Blade. Officers in Valencia, the country's third largest city, arrested 33 people ...
|Sami White rules as king on Worst Cooks 2023-08-05|
- Sami White is taking a whisk by competing on season 26 of Food Network's Worst Cooks in America and hopefully, it all pays off. She goes out of the frying pan and into the fire while navigating the new theme of ...
|NATIONAL Drag news, HIV-bias lawsuit, Disney, Brittney Griner, gay dancer 2023-08-04|
- Swastika flag-toting neo-Nazis, some of them armed, were at a Wisconsin LGBTQ+ Pride celebration that included a drag show, The Advocate reported. Members of the neo-Nazi extremist group Blood Tribe joined other right-wing hate groups, like ...
|WORLD Marielle Franco, trans student dies, Iranian official, 'Drag Race' 2023-08-04|
- Brazilian Justice Minister Flavio Dino announced a plea agreement with one of two police officers accused of assassinating Rio de Janeiro councilwoman Marielle Franco, a Black lesbian and human-rights activist who was killed by gunfire from ...
|NATIONAL Laws challenged, trans man killed, lesbian bars, conversion therapy 2023-07-28|
- The organizers of Montana's largest LGBTQ+ Pride parade joined a lawsuit challenging a state law aimed at restricting drag performances, according to NBC News. A group of Montanans, including a transgender woman and the owners of ...
|SHOWBIZ Ariana DeBose, Outfest, 'Gay Days,' 'Drag Race,' Keke Palmer 2023-07-28|
- Queer, Oscar-winning performer/actor Ariana DeBose became one of three people who have joined the American Film Institute's board of trustees, The Hollywood Reporter noted. (The other two are Warner Bros. Pictures Group co-chair/CEO Pamela Abdy an ...
|Meeting House marks anniversary with drag fundraiser 2023-06-29|
- Meeting House Tavern, 5025 N. Clark St., marked its fifth anniversary with Living Out Loud, an event it billed as "a fundraiser in defense of drag." Proceeds from the evening went to the ACLU's Drag Defense ...
|Pride in the Park kicks off weekend with music, drag and food 2023-06-27|
- Chicagoans and visitors flocked to Pride in the Park, the downtown annual celebration in support of the LGBTQ+ community, on June 23-24. For the fourth year, entertainment company Dreambrite Presents created the festivities, which took place ...
|WORLD Drag news, Japanese bill, Pride marches, British Vogue 2023-06-23|
- In Sweden, Stockholm Vice Mayor Jan Jonsson had a drag makeover to take a stand against anti-LGBTQ+ rhetoric, per PinkNews. He stepped into a brand-new drag persona to speak out against "populism and intolerance" following recent ...
|SHOWBIZ Ryan Murphy, Bob The Drag Queen, Deborah Cox, Katy Perry, Wham! 2023-06-23|
Video below - Ryan Murphy is set to leave Netflix at the end of his five-year overall deal, which was understood to be worth around $300 million, Deadline noted. The outlet also confirmed that Murphy is in talks with ...
|Viktor Luna moonlights once again on Project Runway 2023-06-14|
- Out and proud fashion designer Viktor Luna returns for more challenges in the upcoming season 20 of Project Runway. The Emmy Award-winning competition series has assembled 14 designers from its past, with Christian Siriano serving as ...