This article shared 3632 times since Sun Aug 1, 2004
Marshall Field's Glamorama goers will be amazed by the power and grace of the goddess as Marshall Field's raises fashion and entertainment to its highest level in 2004. This year's Glamorama will take place at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 13, at the Chicago Theatre. Marshall Field's high-energy annual fundraising event—featuring designer fashion, world-class entertainment, celebrity attendees and elaborate postparties—raises money to support The Art Institute of Chicago.
For the first time in Glamorama history, 30 famous designers have created exclusive, one-of-a-kind red gowns for Marshall Field's that will be featured in Glamorama's finale. Participating Red Gown finale designers include Zac Posen, Stella McCartney, Jean Paul Gaultier and Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche. Patricia Field, renowned costume designer famous for her trendsetting fashion stylings on HBO's 'Sex and the City,' will style the Red Gown finale. After the show, the exclusive gowns will be auctioned for charity via Yahoo! as well as at the Chicago postparty, benefiting The Art Institute of Chicago.
With supreme styles on heavenly models, Glamorama demands an equally almighty and powerful lineup to make spirits soar high. Musical sensations Patti LaBelle, The Commodores and Def Jam poet Karen Gibson Roc will be featured performers at this year's show. Ford Supermodel Jerry Hall, the face of this year's Glamorama marketing collateral, will make a special appearance, and Jennifer Lopez will make an exclusive personal video appearance. Additional performances and appearances to be announced.
This year's featured designers include: Matthew Williamson, Sonia Rykiel, JLo Lingerie, DSquared2, Calvin Klein, Oscar de la Renta, Michael Kors, Marc Jacobs, John Malkovich Uncle Kimono and Donna Karan.
Contact Ticketmaster at 312-902-1500, visit ticketmaster.com or the Chicago Theatre box office. Ticket prices range from $50 to $1000. See www.fields.com .
This article shared 3632 times since Sun Aug 1, 2004
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Billy Porter discusses his fashion choices, personal ambitions 2023-01-30|
- Billy Porter—the Tony, Emmy and Grammy winner—needs no introduction—especially to the many fans of his character Pray Tell on Ryan Murphy's hit TV series Pose. Coming up exclusively in theaters Feb. 3, Porter will star as ...
|WORLD Murder suspect arrested, Israeli official, conversion therapy, couple's win 2023-01-08|
- Kenyan authorities arrested a suspect in the death of fashion designer/LGBTQ+-rights activist Edwin Chiloba after his body was found dumped in a metal box by the roadside near the town of Eldoret, according to CNN. Last ...
|Annual STRUT event shines spotlight on World AIDS Day 2022-12-07|
- On the evening of Nov. 4, the annual STRUT fashion show celebrated its 13th edition at Joe's on Weed St. As in the past, STRUT shined its spotlight on up-and-coming young fashion designers while raising funds for ...
|Chicago History Museum holds special screening, panel discussion 2022-11-07|
- The Costume Council of the Chicago History Museum presented a special screening of the Youtube Originals series Supreme Models: The Documentary and a panel with an array of A-list fashion industry panelists. Among the participants were ...
|Chicago History Museum to host 'Supreme Models' screening Nov. 4 2022-10-19|
- The Costume Council of the Chicago History Museum will host the official Midwest screening of Supreme Models and an exclusive in-person celebration on Friday, Nov. 4, 5:30-9:30 p.m. at The Chicago History Museum, 1601 N. Clark ...
|FashionBar hosting Chicago Fashion Week, PFLAG conference 2022-10-01|
- Fashion Bar announced that it's hosting Chicago Fashion Week. The shows will take place Oct. 16-23 at Water Tower Place, 835 N. Michigan Ave. Additionally, FashionBar will host the. PFLAG Northern Illinois conference at Water Tower ...
|amfAR gala is highlight of Cannes Film Festival, raises $19M 2022-05-28|
- The amfAR gala, the highlight of the famed Cannes Film Festival, returned as a glamorous in-person event May 26 at the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc in Antibes, France, according to a press release. amfAR, The Foundation for ...
|Chicago Fashion Week taking place April 24-May 1 2022-04-19|
- FashionBar, LLC announced Chicago Fashion Week will take place April 24-May 1 on the third floor of Water Tower Place, 835 N. Michigan Ave. Some of the shows will include "Emerging Students" (April 26), "Trans, Media ...
|Designs for Dignity gala on May 19 2022-04-19|
- Designs for Dignity's annual fundraising gala, "Spirit of Design," will take place Thursday, May 19, 6-10 p.m., and will celebrate more than 20 years of impact on Chicago's nonprofit community. The event will take place at ...
|Chicago Fashion Week April 24 to May 1 2022-04-05|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO — FashionBar, LLC is pleased to announce Chicago Fashion Week powered by FashionBar LLC, scheduled from April 24th to May 1st at Water Tower Place on Chicago's Magnificent Mile. FashionBar is proud to celebrate this ...
|LGBTQIA+-focused talent group launches in Orlando, Chicago and Miami 2022-03-31|
- Orlando-based experiential marketing company, 82 South, Inc., has launched MODE (Made on Diversity and Equality) Talent Group this month to promote LGBTQIA+ and other underrepresented talent for bookings in fashion ...
|NATIONAL Mayor makes history, LGBTQ+ Latinx demo, fashion show, N.C. law 2022-03-20|
- In Florida, Boynton Beach elected its first out LGBTQ mayoras well as the first Asian-American mayor in the state's history, LGBTQ Nation noted. Ty Penserga not only won the election, but he beat a homophobe who ...
|BOOKS Janelle Monae in Chicago April 22 to discuss 'The Memory Librarian' 2022-03-15|
- Singer-songwriter, actor, fashion icon and author Janelle Monae will visit Chicago's Harris Theater for Music and Dance, 205 E. Randolph St., as part of the tour for her new book, The Memory Librarian and Other Stories ...
|ART Virgil Catherine Gallery presenting 'C/Overt Observations' in Hinsdale 2022-03-15|
- Virgil Catherine Galleryat 45 S. Washington St., in Hinsdalewill host an artist reception for its latest exhibition, "C/Overt Observations," on Saturday, March 19, 5-8 p.m., spotlighting renowned art, fashion and ...
|SHOWBIZ Da Brat, French movie, fashion show, Niecy Nash, 'Idol' alum 2022-02-27|
- On Feb. 22, the stars of WE tv's series Brat Loves JudyDa Brat and Jesseca "Judy" Dupartwere married in a romantic wedding ceremony and reception in front of family and friends at Horse Mansion in Fairburn, ...