WINDY CITY TIMES
||Express Yourself Gala and Fashion Show fundraiser for [Trans]formation Oct. 2
From a press release
This article shared 415 times since Tue Sep 6, 2016
Nothing Without a Company and The Living Canvas are delighted to invite you to The Express Yourself Gala and Fashion Show, a fundraiser for [Trans]formation, on Sunday, Oct. 2, at The Crystal Ballroom, from 11am to 3pm. [Trans]formation is a collaboration of transgender/nonbinary/intersex/genderfluid stories told by trans voices. Proceeds from The Express Yourself Fashion Show & Gala ticket sales and silent auction will go toward production of [Trans]formation this fall.
Come join us in celebrating diversity and gender expression through fashion as members of the Chicago LGBTQIA+ community dance down the catwalk and feature binary-smashing outfits created by local designers. Hosted by Dirty Devlin of Vaudezilla and Ryan Tang of The Fly Honey Show, come experience performances from the cast members of [Trans]formation and the LGBTQIA+ community. Plus, a cash bar!
EARLY BIRD SALE: August 29th- September 24th
VIP is $50 per person ( save $20! ), and includes complimentary appetizers, a gift bag, 1 complimentary raffle ticket, a front row seat for the fashion show, early access to the silent auction and raffle, and table service from the cash bar.
General Admission is $25 ( save $10! ), and includes a seat for the fashion show, and access to the silent auction, raffle, and cash bar.
Nothing Without a Company and The Living Canvas present:
The Express Yourself Gala & Fashion Show
Sunday, October 2nd, 12pm - 3pm ( 11am start for VIP )
The Crystal Ballroom and Lounge
529 Davis St. Evanston, IL 60201
Tickets: expressyourselfgala.brownpapertickets.com .
More about [Trans]formation: www.nothingwithoutacompany.org .
This article shared 415 times since Tue Sep 6, 2016
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|BUSINESS Black council, HRCF release first-ever 'Black in Fashion' index 2021-10-04|
- The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation and The Black in Fashion Council, an organization that promotes and advances Black representation in the fashion and beauty industry, released their inaugural Black in Fashion Index report, which measures ...
|WORLD False report, Indian activist dies, fashion exhibit, LGBT Awards 2021-09-12|
- In Spain, a man who claimed eight hooded men carved an anti-gay slur on his butt using a knife in a horrific hate crime later said the act was consensual, according to out.com. According to police ...
|Women's soccer: Sweden snaps United States' 44-game win streak 2021-07-21|
- In women's soccer, Sweden dominated the United States 3-0 on July 20 in Tokyo, snapping the Americans' 44-game winning streak in convincing fashion, Yahoo! Sports reported. The U.S. team entered this event as heavy favorites to ...
|The Amazon Trail Notes from a Homebody 2021-05-19|
- 's finally here. The end of total lockdown. Am I ready? Absolutely not. I like my burrow. I don't wanna play with others. We've fashioned a comfortable little routine. Week days, work. Evenings, spend time alone ...
|Jody Watley: Conversation with an icon 2021-05-09|
- Singer Jody Watley has been many things during her illustrious career, including an activist, fashion plate—but, most certainly, a musician. Among her many achievements in that latter area are a Grammy win; a Lifetime Achievement Award ...
|Netflix to debut limited series 'Halston' on May 14 2021-04-23|
- On what would have been legendary fashion designer Roy Halston Frowick's 89th birthday (on April 23), Netflix stated it was honoring the visionary icon by announcing the Friday, May 14, global premiere date for the five-episode ...
|Chella Man talks media endeavors, the fashion world, upcoming book, AAPI visibility 2021-03-31|
- The multi-talented 22-year-old, Deaf, genderqueer, transgender, Jewish, AAPI, artist and activist Chella Man has done more in his short life than most people achieve in their lifetimes. This includes a successful YouTube channel; TedX talk, modeling ...
|STREAMING THEATER REVIEW Bad Dates 2020-08-19|
- Playwright: Theresa Rebeck At: Online. Tickets: $25-$50; OilLampTheater.org. Runs through: Aug. 23 Fashion being an integral element in romantic fiction, we are not surprised to first discover our heroine in her boudoir, readying herself for a ...
|AUTOS 2020 Cadillac XT6 is the stylish transport for you and your posse 2020-08-18|
- Cadillac has long hosted fashion shows with acres of flat sheetmetal, glistening chrome, and cabins drenched with all the finest materials. This once meant block-long sedans, but people aren't buying ...
|STREAMING THEATER REVIEW Bad Dates 2020-08-11|
- Playwright: Theresa Rebeck At: Online. Tickets: $25-$50; OilLampTheater.org . Runs through: Aug. 23 Fashion being an integral element in romantic fiction, we are not surprised to first discover our heroine in her boudoir, readying herself for ...
|BOOKS In fashion: Jay Manuel dishes on 'The Wig, The Bitch & The Meltdown' 2020-08-04|
- Jay Manuel has been many things, including an make-up artist and a creative directorand he is probably best known as taking on the latter role for several years on the reality-competition show America's Next Top Model. ...
SHOWBIZ John Waters, Billy Eichner, 'Trans & Nonbinary Kids Mix,' RuPaul 2020-07-27|
- Gay filmmaker John Waters (Serial Mom; Hairspray) is the latest face of the French fashion brand Saint Laurent, Out.com noted. He appears in a suit from the brand with black shades, shot by David Sims. "My ...
|WORLD Zambia pardon, fashion house, HIV+ mayor, Costa Rica marriage
- Zambia's president pardoned a gay couple sentenced to 15 years in prison in November under colonial-era sodomy laws in a case that caused a diplomatic conflict with the United States, Reuters reported. Japhet Chataba, 39, and ...
|Chicago artists virtually unveil mural honoring LGBTQ community
- CHICAGO, IL — Chicago artists Andy Bellomo and Sandra Antongiorgi have virtually unveiled a new mural that highlights queer artists of color who use their life's work to improve community well-being and create social change. "Rebirth" ...
|Anne Steele, Kelli Carpenter raise funds for meals. Online concert April 29
- Lesbian singer/ songwriter Anne Steele decided to start online concerts to lift the spirts of her fans, friends and family. While playing the "couch concerts" every Wednesday on Facebook Live, her wife, Kelli Carpenter, a travel ...