||BE OUR GUEST
by Corey Black
This article shared 1511 times since Wed May 21, 2003
I admit it: I'm crazy for duct tape. I have been ever since I was 11, and that cute Jose Castillo tied me up when we were playing 'Cops & Robbers.' I was impressed. No matter how hard I struggled, I couldn't get loose. As a novice bondage fanatic, the feeling was sheer bliss. From that point, I knew duct tape was the way to go and I had to get some.
Twenty five years have passed, and like any true love, the passion has remained. If I meet a guy I hit it off with, I'll think: 'He's cute, sweet, funny …' but what I'm really thinking is: 'Does he own any duct tape, and would he like to tie me up with it?'
Or, I'll be having serious conversations with my friends about the slow and tedious process of radical gay culture turning into a tacky, overpriced fashion statement. In the back of my head, I'll be thinking: 'Where can I get some of that extra large three-inch-wide duct tape I saw in that art supply store in Tampa, back in 1997 and haven't seen it anywhere since ...?'
Other questions persist as well. Who invented duct tape? Were they a big ol' perv like me, or just an everyday Joe or Jane working in a lab? Are they still alive? If the inventor is a man, would he like a blow job as a show of my appreciation? Why is duct tape silver? And, Why don't they make rolls of fancy, decorative colors as lengthy as the standard silver ones? I mean, several times now, I've been half way through an elaborate bondage scene, trying something decorative and artistic in bright yellow, when the roll runs out, and I have to finish in silver. I'm not the most fashion-conscious gay man on the planet, but even I know that yellow and silver don't go together.
And, I wonder about other things as well. How many people have avoided being stranded in the desert with broken radiator hoses, because of duct tape? How many zillions of things have stayed off the junk heap a little longer because of it? Most importantly, what I really want to know is: how did drag queens used to tuck away their business before duct tape?
I'd love to go on talking, but I see my boyfriend has returned from Home Depot with a fresh roll of Contractor-Grade-Good-Stuff and is slipping into that starched white nurse's outfit he likes so well.
This article shared 1511 times since Wed May 21, 2003
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Chicago Fashion Week taking place April 24-May 1 2022-04-19|
- FashionBar, LLC announced Chicago Fashion Week will take place April 24-May 1 on the third floor of Water Tower Place, 835 N. Michigan Ave. Some of the shows will include "Emerging Students" (April 26), "Trans, Media ...
|Designs for Dignity gala on May 19 2022-04-19|
- Designs for Dignity's annual fundraising gala, "Spirit of Design," will take place Thursday, May 19, 6-10 p.m., and will celebrate more than 20 years of impact on Chicago's nonprofit community. The event will take place at ...
|Chicago Fashion Week April 24 to May 1 2022-04-05|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO — FashionBar, LLC is pleased to announce Chicago Fashion Week powered by FashionBar LLC, scheduled from April 24th to May 1st at Water Tower Place on Chicago's Magnificent Mile. FashionBar is proud to celebrate this ...
|LGBTQIA+-focused talent group launches in Orlando, Chicago and Miami 2022-03-31|
- Orlando-based experiential marketing company, 82 South, Inc., has launched MODE (Made on Diversity and Equality) Talent Group this month to promote LGBTQIA+ and other underrepresented talent for bookings in fashion ...
|NATIONAL Mayor makes history, LGBTQ+ Latinx demo, fashion show, N.C. law 2022-03-20|
- In Florida, Boynton Beach elected its first out LGBTQ mayoras well as the first Asian-American mayor in the state's history, LGBTQ Nation noted. Ty Penserga not only won the election, but he beat a homophobe who ...
|BOOKS Janelle Monae in Chicago April 22 to discuss 'The Memory Librarian' 2022-03-15|
- Singer-songwriter, actor, fashion icon and author Janelle Monae will visit Chicago's Harris Theater for Music and Dance, 205 E. Randolph St., as part of the tour for her new book, The Memory Librarian and Other Stories ...
|ART Virgil Catherine Gallery presenting 'C/Overt Observations' in Hinsdale 2022-03-15|
- Virgil Catherine Galleryat 45 S. Washington St., in Hinsdalewill host an artist reception for its latest exhibition, "C/Overt Observations," on Saturday, March 19, 5-8 p.m., spotlighting renowned art, fashion and ...
|SHOWBIZ Da Brat, French movie, fashion show, Niecy Nash, 'Idol' alum 2022-02-27|
- On Feb. 22, the stars of WE tv's series Brat Loves JudyDa Brat and Jesseca "Judy" Dupartwere married in a romantic wedding ceremony and reception in front of family and friends at Horse Mansion in Fairburn, ...
|THEATER "The world keeps spinnin' 'round and 'round" for Andrew Levitt in Hairspray 2022-01-28|
- "Welcome to the '60s," where psychedelic fashions ruled and mini-skirts were everywhere. Soul music gained a strong voice while segregation separated the dance floors. John Waters' original 1988 film Hairspray displayed drag diva Divine as mother ...
|Fashion designer Thierry Mugler dies at 73 2022-01-24|
- Openly gay French fashion designer Thierry Mugler (full name: Manfred Thierry Mugler) has passed away at age 73, according to media reports. Madonna, Lady Gaga and Cardi B are among those who have worn his designs. ...
|Fashion icon Andre Leon Talley dies at 73 2022-01-19|
- Andre Leon Talleythe fashion icon and former creative director of Vogue magazinedied Jan. 18 at age 73. Details were not immediately revealed. In addition to his agent, Talley's Instagram account confirmed Talley's passing, noting that ...
|Chicago queer hair artists carve out safe spaces to cut and style hair 2021-12-06|
- When Blue Line Barbers moved locations, Talia Roxit immediately knew which barber chair she wanted to claim: the one closest to the window. "It's not that I want the attention, but I want to draw in ...
|PASSAGES Designer Virgil Abloh dies at 41 2021-11-29|
- Designer Virgil Ablohthe first Black artistic director of Louis Vuitton's menswear collection and the founder of the Off-White labeldied at the age of 41 after privately battling "a rare, aggressive form of cancer, cardiac angiosarcoma," a ...
|BUSINESS Black council, HRCF release first-ever 'Black in Fashion' index 2021-10-04|
- The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation and The Black in Fashion Council, an organization that promotes and advances Black representation in the fashion and beauty industry, released their inaugural Black in Fashion Index report, which measures ...
|WORLD False report, Indian activist dies, fashion exhibit, LGBT Awards 2021-09-12|
- In Spain, a man who claimed eight hooded men carved an anti-gay slur on his butt using a knife in a horrific hate crime later said the act was consensual, according to out.com. According to police ...