WINDY CITY TIMES
||32nd Annual Chicago House Spring Brunch & Fashion Show May 6
From a press release
This article shared 1027 times since Tue Apr 24, 2018
CHICAGO, IL Chicago House, the first organization in the Midwest to provide housing and support for people living with HIV and AIDS, is excited to celebrate its 32nd Annual Spring Brunch and Fashion Show at the Harold Washington Library! On Sunday, May 6th, from 12 3:30 p.m., join Chicago House for "REVIVE! Rally on the Runway," produced by Quenten Schumacher and sponsored by The Chris and Derek Bagley Family Foundation.
Emceed by NBC reporter Chris Hush, the event will be held in the beautiful Winter Garden Ballroom at Chicago's Harold Washington Library. The afternoon will feature a brunch, entertainment and fashion show headlined by local Chicago boutiques and design studios and nationally recognized designers.
With some 350 expected attendees, guests will enjoy a three-course gourmet brunch by Inspired Catering, sip on champagne and signature cocktails, and bid on fantastic live auction items including a stay in a Tuscan Villa. Guests can also purchase flowers at the one-of-a-kind "Flower Market," a favorite attendee pastime at this event. The market will feature a variety of over 60+ fresh floral arrangements from different local floral designers, all sold to benefit Chicago House.
About Chicago House
Founded in 1985 at the height of the AIDS crisis, Chicago House has repeatedly demonstrated innovation and expansion to serve community members impacted by HIV/AIDS and LGBTQ marginalization.
Today Chicago House provides permanent housing and supportive services to men, women and children living with HIV and AIDS. The agency provides employment services through the first, and largest, program in the Midwest to specialize in working with LGBTQ population who are unemployed and underemployed, as well as, Health, Outreach, Prevention and Education through the HOPE program. The TransLife Care provides TransWorks, an employment support program, TransHousing, scattered site housing for transgender persons, TransLegal legal services, TransHealth, linkage to culturally-competent healthcare and social services and TransSafe, which offer safe drop-in spaces to access all "TLC" services.
The agency's wraparound services include community case management, HIV prevention, medical adherence and free, anonymous rapid HIV testing.
Tickets are $200 for General Admission ( table of 10/$2000 ), $250 for Preferred ( table of 10/$2500 ) and $300 for a front row Runway seat ( table of 10/$3000 ). The event will be held in the Winter Garden Ballroom, 400 South State Street at the Harold Washington Library Center. For tickets or more information, contact Alejandro Hernandez at 773.248.5200 ( ext. 209 ) or visit www.chicagohouse.org .
This article shared 1027 times since Tue Apr 24, 2018
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|WORLD False report, Indian activist dies, fashion exhibit, LGBT Awards 2021-09-12|
- In Spain, a man who claimed eight hooded men carved an anti-gay slur on his butt using a knife in a horrific hate crime later said the act was consensual, according to out.com. According to police ...
|Women's soccer: Sweden snaps United States' 44-game win streak 2021-07-21|
- In women's soccer, Sweden dominated the United States 3-0 on July 20 in Tokyo, snapping the Americans' 44-game winning streak in convincing fashion, Yahoo! Sports reported. The U.S. team entered this event as heavy favorites to ...
|The Amazon Trail Notes from a Homebody 2021-05-19|
- 's finally here. The end of total lockdown. Am I ready? Absolutely not. I like my burrow. I don't wanna play with others. We've fashioned a comfortable little routine. Week days, work. Evenings, spend time alone ...
|Jody Watley: Conversation with an icon 2021-05-09|
- Singer Jody Watley has been many things during her illustrious career, including an activist, fashion plate—but, most certainly, a musician. Among her many achievements in that latter area are a Grammy win; a Lifetime Achievement Award ...
|Netflix to debut limited series 'Halston' on May 14 2021-04-23|
- On what would have been legendary fashion designer Roy Halston Frowick's 89th birthday (on April 23), Netflix stated it was honoring the visionary icon by announcing the Friday, May 14, global premiere date for the five-episode ...
|Chella Man talks media endeavors, the fashion world, upcoming book, AAPI visibility 2021-03-31|
- The multi-talented 22-year-old, Deaf, genderqueer, transgender, Jewish, AAPI, artist and activist Chella Man has done more in his short life than most people achieve in their lifetimes. This includes a successful YouTube channel; TedX talk, modeling ...
|STREAMING THEATER REVIEW Bad Dates 2020-08-19|
- Playwright: Theresa Rebeck At: Online. Tickets: $25-$50; OilLampTheater.org. Runs through: Aug. 23 Fashion being an integral element in romantic fiction, we are not surprised to first discover our heroine in her boudoir, readying herself for a ...
|AUTOS 2020 Cadillac XT6 is the stylish transport for you and your posse 2020-08-18|
- Cadillac has long hosted fashion shows with acres of flat sheetmetal, glistening chrome, and cabins drenched with all the finest materials. This once meant block-long sedans, but people aren't buying ...
|STREAMING THEATER REVIEW Bad Dates 2020-08-11|
- Playwright: Theresa Rebeck At: Online. Tickets: $25-$50; OilLampTheater.org . Runs through: Aug. 23 Fashion being an integral element in romantic fiction, we are not surprised to first discover our heroine in her boudoir, readying herself for ...
|BOOKS In fashion: Jay Manuel dishes on 'The Wig, The Bitch & The Meltdown' 2020-08-04|
- Jay Manuel has been many things, including an make-up artist and a creative directorand he is probably best known as taking on the latter role for several years on the reality-competition show America's Next Top Model. ...
SHOWBIZ John Waters, Billy Eichner, 'Trans & Nonbinary Kids Mix,' RuPaul 2020-07-27|
- Gay filmmaker John Waters (Serial Mom; Hairspray) is the latest face of the French fashion brand Saint Laurent, Out.com noted. He appears in a suit from the brand with black shades, shot by David Sims. "My ...
|WORLD Zambia pardon, fashion house, HIV+ mayor, Costa Rica marriage
- Zambia's president pardoned a gay couple sentenced to 15 years in prison in November under colonial-era sodomy laws in a case that caused a diplomatic conflict with the United States, Reuters reported. Japhet Chataba, 39, and ...
|Chicago artists virtually unveil mural honoring LGBTQ community
- CHICAGO, IL — Chicago artists Andy Bellomo and Sandra Antongiorgi have virtually unveiled a new mural that highlights queer artists of color who use their life's work to improve community well-being and create social change. "Rebirth" ...
|Anne Steele, Kelli Carpenter raise funds for meals. Online concert April 29
- Lesbian singer/ songwriter Anne Steele decided to start online concerts to lift the spirts of her fans, friends and family. While playing the "couch concerts" every Wednesday on Facebook Live, her wife, Kelli Carpenter, a travel ...
|NUNN ON ONE TELEVISION Tim Gunn on his new show that's a 'Cut' above 2020-04-24|
- Television personality Tim Gunn continues to take over the world of reality shows with a brand-new offering on Amazon Prime Video called Making the Cut. Many will recognize the openly gay fashion advisor from Project Runway, ...