by Joan Jett-Blakk
This article shared 1593 times since Wed Jan 29, 2003
... I feel that, as a former presidential candidate, I should weigh in on this whole Trent Lott thing. The poor fella went down because he did what Bill Clinton did not do, he told the truth. About himself, anyway. It's common knowledge that all those guys who make up the 'Good Old Boys' never actually changed their beliefs about race, but merely took their hatred inside, so to speak. I'm not surprised at all that Mr. Lott (who, by the way, has a daughter named Pia) said what he said at the event he was at. Hello? Did anyone ask Strom Thurmond what he thought about Trent's comment? After all, it was his birthday party that almost brought down the entire Republican Party.
Personally, I think Mr. Thurmond (I hope he's not related to Uma, I kinda like her so far) is really dead anyway. In fact, I think he's been dead for a very long time. What was that movie called, Weekend At Bernie's? Yeah, that's it. They've been propping him up, throwing their voices to make it seem like it's him talking, and raising his hands with strings during Senate votes. Hey, don't look at me, Franklin Roosevelt could not walk at all, and no one knew it, except, of course, people who saw him in person.
That's why President Roosevelt did his famous Fireside chats on the radio! They didn't want the American public to see Frankie being carried into the room and strapped to a chair, OK? Something about morale, or some such shit. And it goes on. President Kennedy was doped up so much that he probably didn't even know he'd been shot. And I'm starting to believe that President Clinton walked around the Oval Office with his dick hanging out of his pants like he was at Touche or the Eagle or something. So, it would be rather easy to convince the voting public (especially in Mississippi, Alabama, South Carolina, you know, the South) that a dead man was the senior Senator.
I see this as an opportunity to make a little cash, to tell you the truth. The Republican Party is gonna be looking for negroes to be in every fucking photograph taken of every fucking Republican for the next two years. I want to offer my services, for a nominal fee, of course, as the 'Negro in the Picture.' I figure I can make a buttload of money. There are a hell of a lot of Republicans in office, and none of them know any negroes at all, apparently, so I could be of great use to them. I have to wait until my prescription for my allergies is filled, however. I'm deathly allergic to heterosexual Christian right-wing Republicans and I can't get near one without breaking out in hives. Oh, I'm allergic to homosexual ones too, but there are so few of them around, that it's not a problem.
Anywho, I think some good can come of all this. Besides, if we had elected Joan Jett-Blakk as President, we wouldn't have had all these problems for all these years ...
... Shed a tear for dear, departed Joe Strummer. The Clash was one of the best of the original punk bands. They were among the first to combine reggae and punk. In fact, one of their records was produced by the great (and crazy) Lee 'Scratch' Perry. The Clash also stayed on course as a political punk band, which is something that I think the music has lost.
Goodbye, Joe Strummer.
You will be missed ...
This article shared 1593 times since Wed Jan 29, 2003
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Berlin Nightclub closes after nearly 40 years, following boycott 2023-11-21|
Decades of Photo Archives below - After nearly forty years, Berlin Nightclub, 954 W. Belmont Ave., officially closed its doors Nov. 19 following a months-long fight between its owners and unionized workers. Owners Jim Schuman and Jo Webster officially announced Berlin Nightclub's ...
|Happy Hail-loween: Rough weather doesn't get the better of Haunted Halsted revelers 2023-11-03|
- The 26th annual Haunted Halsted Halloween Parade returned for the 26th time on Oct. 31. Attendees were challenged by a mix of rain, snow and hail as they marched down Halsted Street from Belmont Avenue towards ...
|Berlin Nightclub workers urge customers to boycott as they fight for fair contract 2023-10-31|
- Berlin Nightclub workers are calling for people to boycott the LGBTQ+ club while they push for their first contract, which they hope will include increased wages and access to healthcare. Berlin Nightclub workers unionized in April ...
|MIR's Intergalactic Rubber celebration soars to a suburb not too far way 2023-10-27|
Photos by Joseph Stevens - Mister International Rubber (MIR) 27, this year themed as Intergalactic Rubber, took off Oct. 19-22 from their new location at the DoubleTree Hotel by Hilton in Skokie. MIR26 Pusckatt Pumera Onyx stepped down and passed their ...
|GAY HISTORY MONTH In the '60s, drag found a home in San Francisco's Glen Park 2023-10-02|
- Special to Windy City Times. To mark Gay History Month, this article appears courtesy of the Bay Area Reporter. During the '60s most LGBTQ nightlife in San Francisco was centered in the northern neighborhoods of the ...
|Nobody's Darling celebrates expansion into adjoining property with soft opening event 2023-09-24|
- In the little over two years since its opening, Nobody's Darling in Andersonville has emerged as one of the premiere inclusive spaces to gather in Chicago. Nobody's Darling has become so successful that co-owners Angela Barnes ...
|Chicago musician, producer and DJ Don Crescendo killed in Avondale stabbing 2023-09-20|
- Chicago's LGBTQ+ nightlife community and allies have rallied around the family and close friends of local longtime musician, producer and DJ Rodney Donovan Taylor, a.k.a. Don Crescendo, in the wake of his death by stabbing last ...
|MUSIC Kylie Minogue to debut Vegas residency this fall 2023-07-28|
- The Venetian Resort Las Vegas revealed details surrounding its new 1,000-seat nightlife space, Voltaire, with the announcement of its first headlinerpop sensation and LGBTQ+ ally Kylie Minogue, a press release ...
|Bears, cubs and their admirers return for Illinois Bear Contest 2023-04-11|
- Visitors and Chicagoans gathered at Charlies Chicago, 3726 N. Broadway, on April 7 to kick off the Illinois Bear Contest weekend, the first since 2019. The contest itself took place the following evening at Leather Archives ...
|SHOWBIZ Trans musicians, NHL, 'Queen Charlotte,' Jinkx Monsoon, Anderson Cooper 2023-04-08|
- The Face published an article about five trans musicians who should be on people's playlists. British queer nightlife legend Mya Mehmi said that those musicians include New York's Ms Boogie, London-based Harve, Arca, Ms. Carrie Stacks ...
|Winners chosen in the International Puppy and Trainer Contest 2023-04-03|
- The International Puppy & Trainer Contest was held in Chicago the weekend of March 31 to April 2 for the first time since 2019. The contest's Meet & Greet was held at Cellblock on March 31. The contest was hosted the ...
|PASSAGES: Visual artist, Chicago nightlife scene drag performer legend and hairdresser Jojo Baby 2023-03-16|
- Visual artist, Chicago nightlife scene drag performer legend, doll-maker and hairdresser Jojo Baby died March 14 of liver, lung and stomach cancer. They were 51. Baby was born April 10, 1971, in Chicago and grew up ...
|Puppy & Handler Contest returns 2023-02-21|
Joseph Stephens - The Midwest Puppy & Handler Contest took place the weekend of Feb. 17-18 for the first time since 2019. The contest's meet-and-greet was held at Cellblock Feb. 17. The contest itself was hosted by the Leather ...
|Chicagoans gather for Jackhammer re-opening 2023-01-30|
Photos by Joseph Stevens - Rogers Park leather and fetish bar Jackhammer held its grand re-opening the evening of Jan. 27 after a long renovation process. The longtime North Side watering hole opened in 1999, taking over the space previously occupied ...
|ONYX Midwest forum tackles racist performance at Touche's anniversary party 2023-01-22|
- In a response to the racist performance that took place at the leather, fetish and bear-focused Touche Chicago's 45th anniversary celebration on Nov. 1, 2022, ONYX Midwest hosted a community forum Jan. 21 at The Leather ...