WINDY CITY TIMES
||'You For Me For You' benefit on Feb. 28
This article shared 465 times since Saturday
Sideshow Theatre Company will launch its 2021 season with a one-night-only benefit screening of its 2018 hit You For Me For You, written by Mia Chung and directed by ensemble member Elly Green.
The archival recording of this imaginative production will stream Sunday, Feb. 28, at 7 p.m. CST via SideshowTheatre.org, as well as the company's YouTube and Twitch channels.
The plot is as follows: Two North Korean sisters plan an elaborate escape from the "Best Nation in the World," only to be separated at the border. Now in two strange and separate worlds filled with outrageous characters, they must navigate barriers of language and bureaucracy, reckon with the ways that culture and country can shape us, and discover that survival requires sacrifice.
You For Me For You features Sideshow company members Patrick Agada (Man from the South), Katy Carolina Collins (Liz) and Helen Joo Lee (Minhee), with Gordon Chow (Doctor, Well, Rice Musician), John Lu (Smuggler, Frog, Yongsup) and Jin Park (Junhee).
Tickets (pay-what-you-can) are currently available at SideshowTheatre.org . NOTE: Sideshow is also partnering with Paramount Catering to offer meal add-ons the night of the benefit. Prices start at $40, including delivery for one person, and meals can be donated to those in need starting at $30. Vegetarian and meat options are available. Sideshow will be providing its own donation of free meals to those in need through Farm, Food, Famlias during the month of March, and the meals patrons donate will be added to this number.
This article shared 465 times since Saturday
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|THEATER Global, Grindr-based 'Borders' to run Feb. 25-27
- Dirty Laundry Theatre's virtual experience Borders, directed by Chicago resident Michael R. Piazza, will feature three live shows on Feb. 25-27. Written by Nimrod Danishman and directed by Piazza, Borders tells the story of two gay ...
|Court Theatre announces 2021 Southside Youth Fest, platform for teens 2021-02-18|
--From a press release - Chicago, IL - Court Theatre, under the continuing leadership of Charles Newell, Marilyn F. Vitale Artistic Director, and Executive Director Angel Ysaguirre, announces Court's 2021 Southside Youth Fest, inviting South Side teens to submit original digi ...
|Court Theatre premieres spotlight podcast highlighting Black writers 2021-02-18|
--From a press release - Chicago, IL - Court Theatre, under the continuing leadership of Charles Newell, Marilyn F. Vitale Artistic Director, and Executive Director Angel Ysaguirre, announces the online premiere of its Spotlight Podcast. A key component of Court's community ...
|Next 'OUTspoken' event March 2
- The next session of OUTspokena monthly storytelling event that centers on tales of fun and fortune from local LGBTQ+ men and women and their close friendswill take place Tuesday, March 2, at 7 p.m. on Zoom. ...
|Stage Left Theatre announces new Literary Manager 2021-02-13|
--From a press release - Stage Left Theatre is delighted to announce Bobbi Masters as our new Literary Manager. She is an artist/educator with a passion for new work who has been involved in various phases of new play development throughout ...
|Where Did We Sit on the Bus? online streaming production starts Feb. 22 2021-02-04|
--From a press release - Chicago, IL— Victory Gardens Theater and Geva Theatre Center announce the online streaming production of Brian Quijada's music-infused production of Where Did We Sit on the Bus?, written and performed by Brian Quijada and directed by ...
|Actors Gym opens another venue, will hold in-person classes
- Actors Gym announced the opening of a third studio in Evanston's Noyes Cultural Arts Center and a new, expanded class curriculum. The facility will be primarily dedicated to the nine month Professional Training Program's new Clown ...
|Actor, writer Lena Waithe to headline screenwriting conference at DePaul U 2021-01-26|
--From a press release - CHICAGO Emmy Award-winning writer, creator, producer and actor Lena Waithe of "Twenties," "The Chi" and "Queen & Slim" will headline DePaul University's Courier 12 Screenwriting Conference Feb. 5-6. DePaul's School of Cinematic Arts will pr ...
|African American Arts Alliance, Black Ensemble Theater Martin Luther King Day 2021-01-25|
--From a press release - The African American Arts Alliance of Chicago and Black Ensemble Theater present the 10th Annual Martin Luther King Jr. Day Celebration on Monday, January 18, 2021 at 6:00pm. The jubilant, online event is free will be ...
|THEATER A Red Orchid Theatre running magical 'Missed Connections' Feb. 2-28 2021-01-19|
- A Red Orchid Theatre is presenting Missed Connectionsa live, interactive play with magic, conceived for virtual experience, co-written by Jon Tai and Alex Gruhin, performed by magician Jon Tai and produced by Alex Gruhinon Feb. 2-28. ...
|Virtual OUTspoken storytelling event Feb. 2
- The next virtual OUTspoken Storytelling Night will take place Feb. 2 at 7 p.m. The speakers will be as follows: Donald Bell is a third-generation Chicagoan, South Sider and White Sox fan who is a retired ...
|'Dixie's Happy Hour' streaming Jan. 26-31
- On the heels of Dixie's Tupperware Party and Dixie's: Never Wear a Tube Top While Riding a Mechanical Bull (and 16 other things I learned while I was drinking last Thursday), drag personality Dixie Longate is ...
|Hell in a Handbag Productions to present
Out, Darn Spot! 2021-01-15|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (Jan. 15, 2021) — Hell in a Handbag Productions is pleased to present the campy comedyOut, Darn Spot!, written by and starring ensemble member Tyler Anthony Smith* and directed, filmed and edited by Stephanie Shaw. ...
|Artemisia Theatre announces entirely virtual 2021 season 2021-01-13|
--From a press release - CHICAGO - In order to continue its strong feminist story-telling tradition, Artemisia Theatre announces an entirely virtual 2021 season. The new season includes two World Premiere theater productions and eight audio performances airing on its podcast ...
|SHOWBIZ Laverne Cox, lesbian coach, Jim Parsons, 'Brokeback,' theater items 2021-01-11|
- Laverne Cox is teaming with Meryl Streep and Rashida Jones to executive-produce a new documentary exploring one of the most critical issues at the intersection of race, feminism, and power: the sex industry, out.com noted. Sell/Buy/Date ...