WINDY CITY TIMES
||Wyoming GOP censures Liz Cheney over impeachment vote
This article shared 3222 times since Sun Feb 7, 2021
On Feb. 6, the Wyoming Republican Party voted to censure U.S. Rep. Liz Cheney and asked her to resign for her vote last month to impeach then-President Donald Trump after the insurrection at the Capitol on Jan. 6, according to NPR.
A censure is a formal statement of disapproval.
Cheneythe third-ranking member of House Republican leadership, as well as a daughter of former U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney and sister of out executive Mary Cheneywas one of just 10 members of her party to support impeaching Trump for a second time.
Just eight of the Wyoming Republican Party central committee's 74 members opposed the censure.
The committee also called on her to "immediately resign," according to a copy published by Forbes.
In late January, the Arizona GOP censured Gov. Doug Ducey, former U.S. Sen. Jeff Flake and Cindy McCainwho all opposed Trump's efforts to overturn President Joe Biden's victory. In addition, Flake and McCain had endorsed Biden.
This article shared 3222 times since Sun Feb 7, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Mayoral candidate Brandon Johnson visits Sidetrack 2023-03-27|
- Mayoral candidate Brandon Johnson headlined a fundraiser for his campaign at Sidetrack Video Bar on March 25. The standing room only event drew a wide array of LGBTQ activists and community leaders, as well as supporters ...
|ELECTIONS 2023: Rep. Lamont Robinson discusses LGBTQ+ issues and his plans for the 4th Ward 2023-03-27|
- The following is part of Windy City Times' series of interviews with LGBTQ+ candidates in the 2023 Chicago municipal elections. Among the 14 aldermanic races to be decided in the runoff election on April 4, Illinois ...
|Biden appoints Laura Ricketts to Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition 2023-03-27|
- President Joe Biden has appointed Laura Rickettsthe lesbian co-owner of the Chicago Cubs, board chair of Chicago Cubs Charities and board chair of LPAC, which works to elect lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer women and ...
|Michaela Jae Rodriguez honored at HRC dinner 2023-03-26|
- On March 25, the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) hosted its Los Angeles dinner at the JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVEand honored Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-nominated trans actress Michaela Jae Rodriguez, per a press release. Human ...
|ALA: 2022 saw record demand of censorship of library books 2023-03-25|
- On March 22, the American Library Association (ALA) released new data documenting 1,269 demands to censor library books and resources in 2022—the highest number of attempted book bans since the ALA began compiling data about censorship ...
|NATIONAL 'Don't Say Gay,' anti-trans bills, gay Irish leader visits, gay Calif. mayor 2023-03-25|
- In Indiana, approximately 100 students from the Center For Inquiry School 27 held a walk-out to protest the state's "Don't Say Gay" bill, which would restrict how teachers are able to discuss sexual orientation or gender ...
|Baldwin leads 22 colleagues in calling on FDA to end discriminatory blood donation policy 2023-03-24|
--From a press release - WASHINGTON, D.C. — U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin (D-WI) has headed up a group of 22 colleagues in sending a letter to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Commissioner Dr. Robert Califf expressing support for the agency's ...
|Mayoral candidate forum centers BIPOC LGBTQ+ issues, Vallas declines to participate 2023-03-23|
- Chicago mayoral candidate Brandon Johnson participated in a March 22 virtual LGBTQ+-focused forum co-hosted by Affinity Community Services (Affinity), Association of Latinos/as/xs Motivating Action (ALMA) Chicago ...
|Utah bans conversion therapy 2023-03-23|
- On March 22, Republican Utah Gov. Spencer Cox signed a bill that bans licensed professionals from practicing conversion therapythe discredited practice that attempts to turn LGBTQ+ people heterosexualon minors, Q ...
|ELECTIONS 2023 Mayoral candidate Brandon Johnson discusses religion, LGBTQ+ issues, holistic approach 2023-03-22|
- Chicago mayoral candidates Brandon Johnson and Paul Vallas seem to have little in common. Johnson, a Cook County commissioner, has embraced a more progressive platform that employs everything from a more holistic approach to crime to ...
|More than thirty-five LGBTQ+ leaders endorse Brandon Johnson for mayor of Chicago 2023-03-22|
--From a press release - CHICAGO, IL — More than thirty-five LGBTQ+ community leaders are united in their support for Brandon Johnson for Mayor in Chicago's runoff election, representing the city's business, philanthropic, academic, civic ...
|N.Y. attorney general hosts Drag Story Hour 2023-03-21|
- On March 19, New York Attorney General Letitia Jamesalong with a coalition of advocacy organizations and elected leadershosted a first-of-its-kind Drag Story Hour Read-A-Thon for families in New York City, per a press release from her ...
|Kentucky lawmakers pass anti-trans youth bill; governor plans to veto measure 2023-03-20|
- In Kentucky, Republican lawmakers passed a bill that bans minors from receiving gender-affirming care, lets educators refuse to refer to trans students by their preferred pronouns and would not allow schools to discuss sexual orientation or ...
|WORLD German bishops, trans woman's death, Hungary, human-rights event 2023-03-18|
- Germany's Catholic bishops voted (38 to nine, with 11 abstentions) to adopt formal ceremonies for the blessing of same-sex relationships, defying the Vatican and testing church unity on what has become one of the most contentious ...
|NATIONAL Ritchie Torres, N.J. towns, Karine Jean-Pierre, Tennessee items 2023-03-18|
- New York Congressman Ritchie Torres has talked about his own struggle with depression and the importance of mental health in the wake of U.S. Sen. John Fetterman (D-Pa.)'s recent hospitalization for clinical depression, The Washington Blade ...
|WORLD Venezuela code, Oxfam, Bosnia items, 'Brokeback,' Pope Francis|
|NATIONAL 'Don't Say Gay,' anti-trans bills, gay Irish leader visits, gay Calif. mayor|
|SHOWBIZ 'Joy Ride,' Cynthia Erivo, David Bowie, March Madness, Kevin Bacon|
|Iowa, Georgia ban medical treatment for trans minors|
|ALA: 2022 saw record demand of censorship of library books|