WINDY CITY TIMES
||Virtual OUTspoken storytelling event Feb. 2
This article shared 1600 times since Sun Jan 17, 2021
The next virtual OUTspoken Storytelling Night will take place Feb. 2 at 7 p.m.
The speakers will be as follows:
Donald Bell is a third-generation Chicagoan, South Sider and White Sox fan who is a retired professional in higher education administration. He is certified in HIV/AIDS counseling, health education and outreach and is also a social worker. He has become a recognized resource in LGBTQ+ aging.
Lily Be comes from Chicago's Westside and is an award-winning storyteller. She is the first Latinx to win a Moth GrandSLAM storytelling championship. As an educator, Lily Be has taught storytelling workshops and classes for Second City as well as several universities, businesses and organizations worldwide.
Lynn House has performed professionally off-Broadway and in Chicago at The Goodman Theater, Court Theatre, Center Theater, the American Theater Company and Healthworks. She received a degree in Theatrical Performances from Miami University and went on to study at the British American Drama Academy in Oxford, England. After 15 years of acting professionally, Lynn left the theater world and is now a national spirits specialist and portfolio mixologist for Heaven Hill Brands.
Ken Mejia-Beal is an award-winning writer and public speaker as well as a vice chair for the Democratic Party of DuPage County and the NAACP. He is a former candidate for State Representative, District 42 and lives in Lisle, Illinois.
Persons interested in viewing the event can visit Facebook and log on to "OUTspoken at Sidetrack." The Zoom information will be available Feb. 1.
This article shared 1600 times since Sun Jan 17, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Ravinia to unveil 'Bernstein's Answer' immersive theater experience 2021-07-23|
--From a press release - HIGHLAND PARK, ILOn Saturday, August 7, the Ravinia Festival and Jeffrey P. Haydon, its President and CEO, will officially unveil the Ravinia Music Box (RMB) and its immersive theater experience, titled Bernstein's Answer, and fully open ...
|THEATER 2nd Story announces first half of 2021-22 season 2021-07-22|
- One of Chicago's longest-running storytelling collectives, 2nd Story, announced the first half of its 23rd season of programming for 2021-22. The season will feature nearly 30 world-premiere stories and storyteller debuts, as well as 20 of ...
|THEATER Steppenwolf announces co-artistic directors 2021-07-22|
- Steppenwolf Theatre Company announced a new model of leadership, naming ensemble members Glenn Davis and Audrey Francis as the incoming artistic directors of the storied Chicago company. The new appointment ...
|PERFORMANCE Gay performer Michael Cunio part of 'Teatro ZinZanni' 2021-07-17|
- Teatro ZinZanni Chicago carved out its own niche on the 14th floor of Cambria Hotel back in 2019, with the premiere of Love, Chaos, & Dinner. Blending dinner with a show under the big top in a Belgium mirror tent called ...
|Suburban theater employees leave over perceived anti-LGBTQ policy 2021-07-17|
- At least two employees of a Christian-oriented suburban theater companySophie Murk and Will Higginshave resigned in recent weeks, citing its policy toward LGBTQ+ students, the Chicago Sun-Times reported. The exits ...
|The Actors Gymnasium to hold community circus, celebrate 25th year 2021-07-16|
--From a press release - Evanston, IL, July 15, 2021 Actors Gym is proud to announce Summer Salon 2021, an evening of circus under the stars in Tallmadge Park to celebrate the organization's 25th year. It will be a family-friendly ...
|THEATER Chicago ensemble presenting play on bisexuality 2021-07-15|
- The Trance, a Chicago-based theater ensemble, returns to the stage with Riding the Bicycle. It will be performed at The Edge Theatre, 5451 N. Broadway, on Friday-Saturday, July 30-31, at 8 p.m. According to an email ...
|Victory Gardens Theater to hold series of virtual Town Hall forums 2021-07-14|
--From a press release - Chicago, IL— Victory Gardens Theater, under the leadership of Artistic Director Ken-Matt Martin and Acting Managing Director Roxanna Conner, will hold a series of Town Halls to introduce Ken-Matt to the VG community and share news ...
|Goodman Theatre reopens with School Girls; Or, The African Mean Girls Play 2021-07-12|
--From a press release - (Chicago, IL) School is back in session! Goodman Theatre returns to the stage with the Chicago-premiere production of the Off-Broadway smash sensation, School Girls; Or, The African Mean Girls Play. Full casting is below. Written by ...
|Raven Theatre announces 2021-22 season 2021-07-12|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (July 12, 2021) — Raven Theatre is pleased to welcome back live audiences with the announcement of its 2021-22 season, featuring three productions previously postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The new season also marks ...
|American Blues to present 'The Great American (and French) Songbook' 2021-07-12|
- On Friday, July 16, American Blues Theater, under the continued leadership of Artistic Director Gwendolyn Whiteside, will present The Great American (and French) Songbook, performed by Suzy Petri and guests as part of its music series ...
|THEATER Playhouse, renowned chef to present 'Recipe for Disaster' Oct. 6 2021-07-09|
- James Beard Award-winning chef Rick Bayless and Windy City Playhouse Artistic Director Amy Rubenstein announced they will present "A Recipe for Disaster" a farcical experience set in the world of restaurants starting Oct. 6. Bayless, Rubenstein ...
|SHOWBIZ 'Hedwig,' Oscars, Demi Lovato, GLAAD, Stevie Nicks 2021-07-04|
- Following 2019's sold-out, three-night engagement at The Town Hall in New York City (and several postponements in 2020), Hedwig and the Angry Inch co-creators John Cameron Mitchell and Stephen Trask are returning with a rock spectacle ...
|THEATER Goodman's 'I Hate It Here' to stream July 15-18 2021-07-02|
- Goodman Theatre's streaming-in-real-time Live series will conclude with I Hate It Here, written by Ike Holter and directed by Lili-Anne Brown. I Hate It Here appears July 15, at 7:30 p.m.; July 16, at 7:30 p.m.; ...
|PrideArts 2021-22: "The Search for Identity Among Queer Communities" 2021-07-01|
- CHICAGO — An Australian musical, a comedy-drama from the writer whose play was adapted as the hit movie JUDY, an Uptown holiday celebration, a new Ruth Bader Ginsberg bio, and a fifth play to be announced, ...