WINDY CITY TIMES
||Vida/SIDA, with Centro Sin Fronteras, opens Pilsen office
From a press release
This article shared 3440 times since Sun Jun 8, 2014
Vida/SIDA, a project of the Puerto Rican Cultural Center, in its continued efforts to fulfill its mission to educate, advocate and empower Chicago's Latin@ community by promoting culturally responsive health care/resources that enable health affirming behaviors and attitudes, has expanded its services. On Tuesday, June 10, 2014, Vida/SIDA in partnership with Centro Sin Fronteras will open a satellite location in the neighborhood of Pilsen. The Vida/SIDA Pilsen satellite location will provide free HIV/STI counseling, testing and linkage to care for HIV, gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, and hepatitis C.
This new satellite office is located at 2242 S Damen Ave., Chicago, IL 60622.
"We are very excited that Vida/SIDA's services will be offered to the residents of Pilsen. Centro Sin Fronteras is confident that our partnership with Vida/SIDA will be successful in providing highly needed services to our community." ~said Emma Lozano, Executive Director of Centro Sin Fronteras.
"Our partnership with Centro Sin Fronteras will strengthen our efforts to better serve the families in Pilsen by providing culturally sensitive bilingual HIV and STI counseling, testing and linkage to care services in the neighborhood. Our Pilsen satellite office will be open Monday to Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Come and get tested!" ~said Jorge Cestou, Director of Programs and Services at Vida/SIDA.
"Vida/SIDA is committed to serve those in need of our services. We have traditionally served the residents of Pilsen through outreach and mobile services; now we will have a permanent space in the community." ~said Juan Calderon, Chief Operating Officer, Puerto Rican Cultural Center
This article shared 3440 times since Sun Jun 8, 2014
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Howard Brown developing new center in Northalsted area
- Howard Brown Health has chosen Inland National Development Company, LLC to develop its newest healthcare center in Chicago's Northalsted neighborhood (formerly known as Boystown), according to REJournals. There are plans ...
|Vulnerable communities slow to adopt key strategy to stop HIV's spread 2021-01-11|
--From a UCLA press release - LOS ANGELES — Taking a daily pill to prevent HIV transmission is one of the most effective biomedical strategies available to combat the virus' spread, yet use of this health regimen remains low among vulnerable communities ...
|National Minority AIDS Council responds to attack on U.S. Capitol 2021-01-06|
- Jan. 6, 2021 - National Minority AIDS Council (NMAC) Executive Director Paul Kawata has released the following statement on today's attack on the U.S. Capitol. "NMAC is completely saddened, sickened, and in total shock over the riots at the U.S. ...
|WORLD Lithuania outlook, HIV/AIDS and COVID, lawyer arrested, trans youth 2020-12-27|
- Lithuania appears set to legalize same-sex civil partnerships next year, but same-sex marriage could be up to a decade away, according to Tomas Raskevicius—the country's only openly LGBT+ lawmaker, Reuters reported. "We're going to submit t ...
|AIDS Garden projected for fall 2021 completion 2020-12-22|
- State Rep. Yoni Pizer convened a virtual meeting Dec. 21 to discuss the progress of the AIDS Garden Chicago. The long-planned site is "destined to become a true Chicago landmark and destination," said Pizer as he ...
|AIDS Garden Chicago installation update coming Dec. 21
- CHICAGO — On Monday, Dec. 21 at 11 a.m., 12th District State Representative Yoni Pizer will be hosting a virtual town hall with fellow elected officials, community partners, and project managers to provide a progress report ...
|AIDS Foundation Chicago, Cook County Health mark World AIDS Day 2020-11-30|
--From a press release - AIDS Foundation Chicago (AFC) and Cook County Health are collaborating for a special virtual event in honor of World AIDS Day, a global movement to increase public awareness and dialogue about HIV and AIDS, on Dec. ...
|Day With(out) Art: Transmissions launches online Nov. 30 2020-11-18|
--From a press release - NEW YORK, Nov. 16, 2020 — Visual AIDS, the only contemporary arts organization fully committed to raising AIDS and HIV awareness through dialogue, art exhibitions and public forums, announces their ...
|Congressional co-chairs introduce World AIDS Day resolution
- U.S. Reps. Barbara Lee (CA-13) and Rep. Jenniffer Gonzalez Colon (PR-At Large), co-chairs of the Congressional HIV/AIDS Caucus, introduced a bipartisan resolution supporting the goals of World AIDS Day, according ...
|Gov. Pritzker, Vanessa Williams to be at AFC's 'Gala35' Nov. 19 2020-11-13|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — AIDS Foundation Chicago (AFC) marks its milestone 35th year of service with 'Gala35,' a virtual celebration and fundraiser taking place Thursday, Nov. 19, at 6 p.m. The event features an esteemed panel of guest ...
|Advocate Craig Johnson named next board chair of AIDS Foundation of Chicago
- In October, AIDS Foundation Chicago (AFC)'s board of directors voted Craig W. Johnson as the next AFC board chair. Craig has served on the board since 2017, and most recently worked as board vice chair and ...
|AIDS Foundation of Chicago's 'Gala35' Nov. 19 2020-10-25|
- AIDS Foundation of Chicago's (AFC's) "Gala35"marking its 35th anniversarywill be a virtual event taking place Thursday, Nov. 19, at 6 p.m. Gala35 marks the organization's 35th year of service and will be its premier gatheri ...
|NATIONAL Autistic trans guide, trans death, AIDS Quilt, intersex study 2020-10-19|
- The National LGBTQ Task Force and the AWNNetwork released a collaborative guide, "Before You Go: Know Your Rights & What to Expect at the Doctor and in the Hospital"a groundbreaking first-of-its-kind publication filled with tips and ...
|TPAN names Colleen O'Neill as its new CEO
- TPAN has announced the hiring of Colleen O'Neill as its new CEO to assist in empowering the organization to continue to provide care and far-reaching education to people affected by HIV/AIDS, hepatitis and all related issues, ...
|Nat'l AIDS Memorial to launch 50-state AIDS Memorial Quilt Virtual Exhibition 2020-10-09|
--From a press release - SAN FRANCISCO (October 9, 2020) — The National AIDS Memorial is announcing a virtual exhibition of the AIDS Memorial Quilt (the Quilt) that will feature more than 10,000 Quilt panels representing all 50 state and U.S. ...