WINDY CITY TIMES
||The Other Art Fair to take place in the Loop on April 21-24
This article shared 742 times since Fri Apr 15, 2022
The Other Art Fair returns to Chicago April 21-24 at Fulton Market, 1215 W. Fulton Market, for collectors, artists and art lovers with original works of art from 110+ emerging artists.
The fair, now in its fourth edition, will kick off with a private view night on Thursday, April 21. There will also be interactive workshops, guest artists, DJ sets, unique installations and much more.
Presented by Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair aims to discover and buy art directly from the very best emerging artistic talent. Founded in London in 2011, the fairs are now strongly established across North America, the United Kingdom and Australia, with annual and biannual editions across the globe in Brooklyn, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, London, Melbourne and Sydney.
There will also be a virtual edition May 23-June 5.
See www.theotherartfair.com/chicago/ .
This article shared 742 times since Fri Apr 15, 2022
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Production based on Larry Kramer speech at Center on July 22-31 2022-06-28|
- Open Space Arts announced its inaugural production of The Kramer Project, directed and adapted by David Zak from activist Larry Kramer's watershed speech "The Tragedy of Today's Gays." This will be the first production for Open ...
|Photos of Chicago's Daniel Sotomayor included in new Smithsonian exhibit 2022-06-22|
- The Smithsonian's first gallery dedicated to Latino history and culture has opened its doors to the public at the National Museum of American History, NBC News noted. Billed as a precursor to a national Latino museum ...
|ART 'Immersive Monet' in Chicago starting June 17 2022-06-14|
- Vincent Van Gogh and Frido Kahlo have gotten the "Immersive" treatment. Now, it's time for the public to experience Claude Monet and fellow Impressionists. Lighthouse Immersive is shifting its focus to the Impressionist movement of the ...
|American Art Awards issues national honors for 2022 2022-06-06|
- The American Art Awards has selected the 20 Best American Galleries and Museums for 2022. Among other criteria, selections are based on years established, industry reputation, online interest, location, size ...
|Puerto Rican Arts Alliance holds 'Community Parades and Activism' 2022-06-05|
- Puerto Rican Arts Alliance (PRAA) held the a panel discussion"Community Parades and Activism: LGBTQ Claiming its Space"June 4 at the PRAA Center. According to its website, PRAA is "a premier ...
|'Community Parades and Activism: LGBTQ Claiming its Space' on June 4 2022-05-26|
- The discussion-centered event "Community Parades and Activism: LGBTQ Claiming its Space" will take place Saturday, June 4, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Puerto Rican Arts Alliance, 3000 N. Elbridge Ave. An open discussion about LGBTQ/SGL activism ...
|Howard Brown Health unveils Pride mural at Walsh Park 2022-05-26|
- On May 25, Howard Brown Health unveiled a mural celebrating Pride month, in collaboration with local artist David Anthony Geary. The unveiling took place at Walsh Park, 1722 N. Ashland Ave. Wintrust Bank's ongoing community partnership ...
|Artist Rick Sindt explores queer desire and pornography in 'Skin Remembers' 2022-05-25|
- Rick Sindt, a Chicago-based artist who recently moved to St. Louis, explores the discovery and development of queer attraction in his exhibit "Skin Remembers." Sindt transforms pornographic stills, repurposing them into images of intimacy. Sindt recently ...
|'EMERGENCE: Intersections at the Center' exhibit highlights queer community art 2022-05-23|
- South Side Community Art Center's (SSCAC) newest exhibition explores the center's role in uplifting and supporting a community of queer Black creators through a collection of their art from the 1940s through the 1980s. "Bringing black ...
|Quiz program 'Wait, Wait' to start taping June 16 at the Studebaker 2022-05-16|
- Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me!, NPR's weekly hour-long quiz program, will resume live audience recordings Thursday, June 16, in a new Chicago home: the historic Studebaker Theater at the Fine Arts Building, 401 S. Michigan Ave. ...
|BOOKS 'Tinderbox' author to appear in Palatine on June 14 2022-05-13|
- Author Robert Fieseler will discuss his debut book—Tinderbox: The Untold Story of the Up Stairs Lounge Fire and the Rise of Gay Liberation—on Tuesday, June 14, at 7 p.m. at Palatine's Cutting Hall Performing Arts Center, ...
|57th Street Art Fair marking 75th anniversary on June 4-5 2022-05-12|
- The 57th Street Art Fair, the Midwest's oldest juried art fair, will mark its 75th anniversary with an in-person celebration on June 4-5 featuring nearly 200 artists, live music presented by Buddy Guy's Legends, and a ...
|Chicago Gay Men's Chorus to present 'Unimaginable' on May 20-22 2022-05-11|
- The Chicago Gay Men's Chorus will present the spring show "CGMC: Unimaginable," on May 20-22 at three Chicagoland venues. The performances will take place Friday, May 20, at 8 p.m. at Chicago's Athenaeum Center for Thought ...
|PrideArts to present cabaret nights in May and June 2022-04-27|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO — PrideArts Artistic Director Jay Espano (he/him/his) today announced a series of four Monday night cabaret performances by Chicago area musical theater and cabaret artists at the Pride Arts ...
|The Other Art Fair returns to the Loop 2022-04-25|
- The Other Art Fair returned to Chicago April 21-24 at Fulton Market, 1215 W. Fulton Market, for collectors, artists and art lovers with original works of art from more than 100 emerging artists. Just a few ...