WINDY CITY TIMES
||Suspected Lakeview assailant charged
by Matt Simonette
This article shared 4835 times since Wed Apr 16, 2014
A Chicago man has been charged in the April 14 attack of a 22-year-old woman that took place in Boystown, Chicago Tribune reported.
Marcus Lynch, 20, of the 4700 block of S. Loomis Blvd., was charged with one count of aggravated criminal sexual assault with a weapon and one count of armed robbery. Nearby surveillance cameras helped identify the suspect, who was expected to appear in bond court April 16.
The victim was attacked April 14 in an alley near the 3500 block of N. Halsted Street at around 4:25 p.m. The woman told police that she heard someone approaching from behind. He pulled out a knife and warned her that he would slit her throat, before forcing her to the back of a nearby garage.
After the assault, the attacker stole the victim's purse and iPhone, and warned her, "I know where you live," according to Chicago Tribune.
The victim described the assailant as an African American male between 25-32 years-old, 5'4 -5'5 tall, wearing a black skullcap, blue jeans and gym shoes.
Chicago Tribune's story is at:
This article shared 4835 times since Wed Apr 16, 2014
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|NATIONAL Drag shows, LGBTQ+ honors, Bragman memorial, Fred Karger 2023-03-04|
Video below - Dozens of supporters turned out outside the Crazy Aunt Hellen's restaurant in D.C. in anticipation of a drag show's planned protest by the far-right group Proud Boysbut police said members of the far-right, neo-fascist organization didn' ...
|Ex-Colts player accused of attacking son and his boyfriend 2023-02-24|
- Former Indianapolis Colts lineman and radio personality Joseph "Joe" Andrew Staysniak was arrested on Feb. 21 after a domestic incident in which he was accused of assaulting his son and choking his son's boyfriend in the ...
|ILGA-Europe report: 2022 was the deadliest year for anti-LGBTI violence 2023-02-21|
- ILGA (International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association)-Europe's "Annual Review of the Human Rights Situation of LGBTI People in Europe and Central Asia" announced Feb. 20 in Brussels, Belgiumreveals ...
|WORLD Pope Francis, non-binary minor, athlete dies at 35, Taiwan 2023-01-29|
- Pope Francis made headlines when he told the Associated Press on Jan. 24 that "being homosexual is not a crime," although he also described being gay as sinful, Gay City News noted. The pontiff called on ...
|NATIONAL Missing student, Utah bill, Atlanta Pride, crime items, Castro bar 2023-01-29|
- A New York City law student has been missing for weeksand his brother said his last known location was The Q, a gay bar in Manhattan's Hell's Kitchen neighborhood, NBC News reported. Jordan Taylor, 29, a ...
|Equality Illinois responds to violence, murder of Black and Brown trans people on the south side 2023-01-25|
--From a press release - Statement by Myles Brady Davis, Director of Communications at Equality Illinois, the state's civil rights organization for LGBTQ+ people, regarding the violences and murders of Black and Brown trans people on the south side of Chicago: ...
|Pope says being gay no crime, cites anti-LGBTQ laws in 70 countries. LGBTQ leaders respond 2023-01-25|
--From press releases - (January 25, 2023) — Pope Francis called laws that criminalize same-sex relationships "unjust," stating that "being homosexual is not a crime" in an interview with the Associated Press today. The Pope also called for the Roman ...
|Rogers Park's R Public House's door destroyed by homophobic vandal 2023-01-18|
- The lesbian-owned restaurant and bar R Public House, 1508 W. Jarvis Ave., was targeted by a hammer-wielding man yelling anti-LGBTQ slurs at about 5:40 p.m. during happy hour on Monday, Jan. 16. Owners (and married couple) ...
|LGBTs nine times more likely than non-LGBTe to be victims of violent hate crimes 2022-12-21|
-- From a Williams Institute press release - About one out of 10 violent victimizations against LGBT people are hate crimes, according to a new study by the Williams Institute at UCLA School of Law. LGBT people are nine times more likely than non-LGBT ...
|NATIONAL 'Queer to Stay,' gay pol dies, drag-show attacks, 'Don't Say Gay' lawmaker 2022-12-11|
- The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) and Showtime announced the 25 recipients of "Queer to Stay: An LGBTQ+ Business Preservation Initiative" to support and uplift small businesses that focus on LGBTQ+ people of color, women and the trans+ community ...
|NATIONAL $1M donation, church departures, Harvey Milk, abortions, Grindr 2022-11-27|
- In Ohio, Dayton-based insurance company CareSource is donating $1 million to United Church Homes to support the development of a senior living facility at the site of the former Longfellow School that will also aim at ...
|The Northalsted Business Alliance makes statement on Club Q Shooting in Colorado Springs 2022-11-23|
-- From a press release - The Northalsted Business Alliance shares its thoughts and prayers with our LGBTQ+ family in Colorado suffering from yet another senseless gun tragedy. We mourn the five lives lost and stand with those injured and traumatized ...
|OnePulse releases statement on Club Q mass shooting 2022-11-21|
-- From a press release - Orlando, FL — onePULSE Foundation, the not-for-profit established following the June 12, 2016 tragedy to honor and preserve the legacy of those killed and create a sanctuary of hope, today released the following statement: "We are ...
|Chicagoans pay tribute to Club Q victims 2022-11-21|
- Community advocates and political officials were among those who gathered for a candlelight vigil outside Nobody's Darling, 1744 W. Balmoral Ave., the evening of Nov. 20 to remember the LGBTQ+ individuals killed and injured the previous ...
|Equality Illinois on the Club Q shooting 2022-11-20|
-- From a press release - Statement from Brian C. Johnson, CEO of Equality Illinois, the state's LGBTQ+ civil rights organization, on the Club Q shooting: On a day already marked by sadness, the LGBTQ+ community woke up to the tragic news ...