Summer movies: the beach, the sun, the women in string bikinis, the suntans, the women with their tops falling off in the ocean, see-through bikinis ... sounds like heaven to me. With all of the movies out this summer and the impending crowds (not to mention the very annoying people who talk during the entire movie), I rather enjoy a few nights at home with Robin renting a movie. That way you can mix up your own pitcher of piña coladas, pop some popcorn, and hit the pause button when you need to get naked. So here are some movie rental suggestions for those upcoming summer nights at home. Strap this on for the beginning of summer:
The Top Ten Beach Movie Rentals to Get You Hot for the Summer
10) Practical Magic: I know you're thinking, there was no beach scene. Nicole Kidman was by the pool with several men, too bad, but she was dancing away looking hot.
9) Black Widow: This is an oldie but goodie. All the hints between the two lead women were all we got. The diving scene has a great mouth-to-mouth moment between the two ladies. This one's definitely worth a rent.
8) Tequila Sunrise: The only thing I remember about this movie was the scene with Michelle Pfeiffer and Mel Gibson. Well, really only Michelle Pfeiffer and the white sheet that was there. I was picturing someone else with her.
7) Nell: Yes, I know it's a lake. It's Jodie Foster. I have a VHS copy. I have a pause button. Bring the margaritas, it's a party.
6) Against All Odds: Rachel Ward suntanned, sweaty, and in a few scenes, naked. There's a great scene where she jumps in the water with her white shirt on and stands up. Thank you.
5) Fried Green Tomatoes: While not an actual beach movie, Ruth and Idgie do have a swimming scene in the lake after Ruth's birthday party where Ruth kisses Idgie.
4) Splash: Daryl Hannah walking out of the water naked and her hair very carefully covering her breasts. But we did get a great shot from behind. Thank you, Mr. Howard.
3) Any Elvis beach movie: Blue Hawaii, Fun in Acapulco, Girls, Girls, Girls. It doesn't matter which one. They all have Elvis surrounded by beautiful women in bathing suits getting wet and jumping in the pool or ocean.
2) Stealing Home: This is a great coming-of-age movie with Jodie Foster helping a young man come of age (insert yourself in the scene, it makes it a lot better). Some great beach scenes and baseball.
1) Blue Crush: Beautiful young women in bathing suits, surfing, working out, and getting wet.
Lisa Rock is a syndicated columnist based in Chicago and can be reached at StrapThisOn@aol.com .
by lisa rock