WINDY CITY TIMES
||Reggie Greer to be White House Senior Advisor on LGBTQ Issues, Victory Institute applauds
--From a press release
This article shared 2013 times since Wed Mar 3, 2021
Washington, DC — LGBTQ Victory Institute praised the appointment of Reggie Greer to be President Joe Biden's Director of Priority Placement at PPO and Senior Advisor on LGBTQ Issues at the White House. Greer served as the Director of Constituent Engagement at Victory Institute until joining the Biden presidential campaign in March 2020. In his new role as the senior advisor on LGBTQ issues, Greer will be charged with executing on President Biden's vision to create the most LGBTQ-inclusive administration in history and will act as a bridge between the LGBTQ community and the administration.
Greer will be joined by Hannah Bristol, who was appointed Associate Director of Public Engagement, in advising on LGBTQ issues, along with youth and progressive issues.
Mayor Annise Parker, President & CEO of LGBTQ Victory Institute, released the following statement about Greer's appointment:
"Reggie is a ray of sunshine in the conflict-driven world of politics and the respect and trust he's earned from LGBTQ leaders will make him an extremely effective advisor. He exemplifies the America United ethos, with a rare ability to bring diverse communities and interests together and rally them behind a common cause and vision. He will be invaluable as a bridge between the administration and the millions of LGBTQ Americans relying on President Biden to bring needed change to our nation. I am thrilled about his appointment and am eager to continue working together on moving equality forward for our community."
Greer served as the Director of Constituent Engagement at Victory Institute for more than three years, building and strengthening the organization's LGBTQ elected officials network and training LGBTQ people to run in states with low levels of equality.
Victory Institute's Presidential Appointments Initiative will put forward hundreds of exemplary LGBTQ candidates for positions throughout the Biden administration and advocate for their consideration.
About Victory Institute
LGBTQ Victory Institute works to achieve and sustain global equality through leadership development, training, and convening to increase the number, expand the diversity, and ensure the success of openly LGBTQ elected and appointed officials at all levels of government.
This article shared 2013 times since Wed Mar 3, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Equality Illinois to host Pride Kickoff Brunch on June 4 2022-05-27|
- Equality Illinois will host its Pride Kickoff Brunch on Saturday, June 4, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at Venue West, 221 N. Paulina Ave. This year, the organization's honoree will be Illinois House Majority Leader Greg Harristhe first ...
|State Farm drops GenderCool Project; Illinois General Assembly LGBTQ Caucus, Equality Illinois respond 2022-05-26|
- This week in response to an outcry from a hateful few, Illinois-based insurer State Farm dropped their support for The GenderCool Project, which provides LGBTQ-affirming books to schools across the country on a voluntary basis. We ...
|LGBTQ Victory Fund endorses 20 more LGBTQ candidates 2022-05-26|
-- From a press release - Washington, DC — Today LGBTQ Victory Fund, the only national organization dedicated to electing LGBTQ leaders to public office, endorsed 20 more out LGBTQ candidates. Victory Fund has now endorsed 292 candidates running in the 2022 ...
|Governor Pritzker, Lt. Governor Stratton comment on Texas tragedy 2022-05-25|
-- From a press release - Chicago In the wake of a mass shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, that killed at least 19 students and two adults, Governor JB Pritzker and Lt. Governor Juliana Stratton released the following ...
|Indiana institutes anti-trans sports ban, overrides Holcomb's veto 2022-05-25|
- The Indiana General Assembly overturned Republican Gov. Eric Holcomb's veto of House Bill 1041, which prohibits transgender girls from playing girls school sports, according to the IndyStar. The House voted to override the veto 67-28; the ...
|Pritzker signs measure protecting Illinoisans with disabilities in housing, state government 2022-05-23|
-- From a press release - Chicago— Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker signed HB2775 and SB180 into law today, expanding protections for Illinoisans with disabilities in state government and housing. HB2775 amends the Illinois Human Rights Act ...
|Equality Florida Executive Director Nadine Smith named to Time100 List 2022-05-23|
-- From a press release - St. Petersburg, FL — TIME named Equality Florida Executive Director Nadine Smith to the 2022 TIME100, its annual list of the 100 most influential people in the world. The full list and related tributes appear in ...
|NATIONAL Idaho groups, Clay Aiken, Radio Milwaukee, Louisville school 2022-05-22|
- In northern Idaho, two groups with different agendas plan to hold events on the same day (June 11) at Coeur d'Alene City Parkand both organizations have issued statements, according to the Bonner County Daily Bee. The ...
|WORLD Nigeria protest, 'Flag in the Map,' Belgium, McDonald's 2022-05-22|
- Dressed in rainbow-colored vests, members of the LGBTQ+ community marched in a dangerous demonstration in Nigeria's capital, Abuja, to protest a bill introduced by lawmakers in Nigeria's lower house of parliament last month seeking to ban ...
|Penn. LGBTQ+ candidates mostly suffer losses on primary night 2022-05-21|
- LGBTQ+ candidates running for the U.S. Senate, U.S. House, lieutenant governor and a seat in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in Philadelphia's "gayborhood" each lost their races in the Keystone State's May 17 Democratic primary, The ...
|POLITICS GOP candidate Irvin called Trump an 'idiot,' backed LGBTQ+s 2022-05-16|
- GOP gubernatorial candidate and current Aurora Mayor Richard Irvin has dodged talking about former U.S. President Donald Trump (and many other topics)but recently revealed records show how Irvin reportedly felt ...
|Police officer enters Chicago mayoral race 2022-05-16|
- Longtime Chicago police officer Frederick Collins has jumped into the Chicago mayoral raceand it's not his first. Collins also ran for mayor eight years ago. His 2014 interview with Windy ...
|WORLD Eswatini ruling, Toronto deaths, Greece, blood donations 2022-05-15|
- The High Court in Eswatini (formerly Swaziland) rejected an appeal for legal recognition by the local LGBTQ+-rights group Eswatini Sexual & Gender Minorities, citing "laws … prevailing in the kingdom" ...
|NATIONAL New York synod, Danica Roem, legal action, Pride news, PFLAG 2022-05-15|
- The Metropolitan New York Synod (MNYS), the regional body of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, announced Christopher Vergara as its newly elected vice president, according to a press release. Vergara is the first openly gay ...
|PASSAGES Urvashi Vaid dies, The National LGBTQ Task Force releases statement 2022-05-14|
-- From a press release - WASHINGTON, DC……Legendary attorney, LGBTQ activist, and author Urvashi Vaid, known for her extensive career an advocate for LGBTQ rights, women's rights, anti-war efforts, immigration justice and many other social causes ...