WINDY CITY TIMES
||Pride and Less Prejudice to host panel on LGBTQ media representation March 20
This article shared 1196 times since Sun Feb 21, 2021
On Saturday, March 20, at 1 p.m. CT, Pride and Less Prejudice (PLP)which provides free, age-appropriate, LGBTQ-inclusive books to pre-K-3rd grade students in order to foster LGBTQ inclusivity and acceptancewill host a virtual panel on the importance of LGBTQ media representation.
The panel will feature actors Nicole Maines (Supergirl; Bit), Darryl Stephens (Noah's Arc; B Positive), Theo Germaine (The Politician; Work In Progress) and Andrew Keenan-Bolger (Newsies; Submissions Only). Tagg Magazine Editor-in-Chief Ebone Bell will be the moderator.
The See Yourself, Be Yourself panel will take place on Zoom, and be followed by a 30-minute Q&A. Tickets (which start at $20 each) are available at www.prideandlessprejudice.org/event-registration. All proceeds will go toward providing age-appropriate, LGBTQ-inclusive books to classrooms across the United States and Canada.
Maines, Stephens and Germaine previously appeared in PLP's #ReadOutProud campaign video, which raised more than $10,000 for the organization.
This article shared 1196 times since Sun Feb 21, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, Biphobia to take place May 17 2021-05-13|
--From a press release - LGBTQI+ networks, individuals and allies from around the world will be celebrating the International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia again this year on Monday, May 17. The theme for this year's events, known also as ...
|Dining Out for Life taking place May 16-22 2021-05-06|
- The annual event Dining Out for Life will take place May 16-22 throughout Chicago and Evanston. Participants dine in, order takeout/delivery or purchase gift cards from their favorite restaurants and donate directly to TPAN to support ...
|ART Terra Foundation awards $2.5M for permanent collection projects 2021-05-06|
- The Terra Foundation for American Art announced the awarding of nearly $2.5 million in grants to 35 arts and cultural organizations throughout the country. These grants support projects through the foundation's new two-year exhibition grant initiative ...
|Old Town Art Fair returns June 12, 13, pre-registration opens Saturday 2021-05-05|
--From a press release - Chicago, IL — The Old Town Art Fair (OTAF) and its sponsoring organization, the Old Town Triangle Association (OTTA) celebrated the announcement from Mayor Lori Lightfoot and DCASE that the Old Town Art Fair will return ...
|Northalsted plans to hold Market Days Aug. 6-8 2021-05-04|
- The Northalsted Business Alliance plans to host Market Days August 6-8, adding a Friday night edition, the first in its 38-year history. As vaccinations increase and Illinois begins planning for stage 5 reopening, organizers of the ...
|Registrations now open for 30th annual AIDS Run & Walk Chicago 2021 2021-05-03|
--From a press release - Now in its 30th year, the AIDS Run & Walk Chicago returns October 2 to help create equity and justice as well as raise awareness and funds for individuals who are living with or vulnerable to ...
|New Center for Applied Transgender Studies responds to trans misinformation 2021-04-27|
- Combatting bad information and promoting accurate education on transgender issues are the focuses at the Center for Applied Transgender Studies, which officially opened March 31. The independent, nonprofit, research organization ...
|Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscars pre-party raises $3M 2021-04-26|
- The 29th annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Academy Awards® Pre-Party hosted by Emmy- and Tony-winning actor Neil Patrick Harris alongside Sir Elton John and David Furnish, raised $3 million for the global effort to end AIDS, ...
|Dozens of companies sign HRC's 'Business Statement on
Anti-LGBTQ State Legislation' 2021-04-25|
- As of April 25, more than 85 companies have signed the Human Rights Campaign's (HRC's) Business Statement Opposing Anti-LGBTQ State Legislation, stating their clear opposition to harmful legislation aimed at restricting the access of LGBTQ ...
|COVID Center on Halsted holding testing clinic and issuing vaccines April 30-May 2 [UPDATE] 2021-04-23|
- Center on Halsted, 3656 N. Halsted St.—in partnership with Northshore Clinical Labs—will host a COVID testing clinic on its third floor on Friday, April 30-Sunday, May, 2, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. The venue will also administer Moderna vaccines during ...
|HRC to honor FX show 'Pose' at national virtual event 'Time for Equality Live'
--From a press release - Eight cast members and creators of "Pose," including Steven Canals, Mj Rodriguez, Billy Porter, Dominique Jackson, Indya Moore, Hailie Sahar, Dyllón Burnside and Sandra Bernhard, will speak at event WASHINGTON ...
|Hall of Fame honors 21 LGBTQ elected and appointed leaders 2021-04-19|
--From a press release - Washington, DC — On Sunday, May 2 during a virtual event, LGBTQ Victory Institute will launch its LGBTQ Victory Hall of Fame to honor the LGBTQ elected officials, appointed officials and candidates who made a lasting ...
|Indy Pride to be virtual again in 2021
- Indy Pride, Indianapolis' largest LGBTQ celebration, will be virtual again for a second consecutive year as event holders say it's "not reasonable to plan and host an in-person festival during Pride Month at this time," IndyStar.com ...
|Lighthouse Foundation prepares for upcoming Black LGBTQ equity survey 2021-04-16|
- Chicago-based Lighthouse Foundation hosted an online presentation April 15 to discuss its upcoming Black Queer Equity Index project. The initiativeannounced last winter by Rev. Jamie Frazier, who heads the foundation ...
|LGBT Chamber of Commerce of Illinois celebrates 25th anniversary with new brand 2021-04-16|
--From a press release - CHICAGO - The LGBT Chamber of Commerce of Illinois (LGBTCC) is celebrating 25 years of advocating for LGBTQ+ businesses by unveiling a refreshed brand and logo created by its creative agency of record TimeZoneOne (TZO) a ...