WINDY CITY TIMES
||Pride and Less Prejudice to host panel on LGBTQ media representation March 20
This article shared 1324 times since Sun Feb 21, 2021
On Saturday, March 20, at 1 p.m. CT, Pride and Less Prejudice (PLP)which provides free, age-appropriate, LGBTQ-inclusive books to pre-K-3rd grade students in order to foster LGBTQ inclusivity and acceptancewill host a virtual panel on the importance of LGBTQ media representation.
The panel will feature actors Nicole Maines (Supergirl; Bit), Darryl Stephens (Noah's Arc; B Positive), Theo Germaine (The Politician; Work In Progress) and Andrew Keenan-Bolger (Newsies; Submissions Only). Tagg Magazine Editor-in-Chief Ebone Bell will be the moderator.
The See Yourself, Be Yourself panel will take place on Zoom, and be followed by a 30-minute Q&A. Tickets (which start at $20 each) are available at www.prideandlessprejudice.org/event-registration. All proceeds will go toward providing age-appropriate, LGBTQ-inclusive books to classrooms across the United States and Canada.
Maines, Stephens and Germaine previously appeared in PLP's #ReadOutProud campaign video, which raised more than $10,000 for the organization.
This article shared 1324 times since Sun Feb 21, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Queer Berwyn Collective holds march, rally 2021-06-11|
- On June 8, the Queer Berwyn Collective held a march and rally. According to a pre-event press release, the group discussed "why Ald. [Scott] Lennon's exclusionary flags that call June 'Gay' Pride Month are problematic," adding ...
|Chicago LGBT Hall of Fame seeks members for selection committee 2021-06-10|
- The Chicago LGBT Hall of Fame, celebrating its 30th anniversary, invited the LGBTQ+ community to nominate individuals, organizations, businesses, and allies for the 2021 Chicago LGBT Hall of Fame and the response was tremendous. The Chicago ...
|Wade to receive Field Foundation leadership grant 2021-06-10|
- Activist LaSaia Wade, who founded the LGBTQ-centered advocacy Brave Space Alliance (BSA), and is currently its executive director, has been named one of Chicago-based Field Foundation's 2021 Leaders for a New Chicago cohort. The distinction, f ...
|Pritzker Military Museum to hold panel on Department of Defense and transgender employees 2021-06-10|
--From a press release - CHICAGO, June 8, 2021 — The Pritzker Military Museum & Library is proud to present a panel discussion, "Exploring the Intersection of the U.S. Military and the LGBTQ Community," on Wednesday, June 23rd at Noon CDT ...
|New Broadway Youth Center being readied for 2021 opening 2021-06-10|
- Work continues on Howard Brown Health's (Howard Brown) new 20,000 square-foot Broadway Youth Center (BYC) facility at 1053 W. Irving Park Rd. BYC has spent years looking for a permanent home. After launching in Lake View, ...
|Howard Brown Health looks ahead to post-pandemic Chicago 2021-06-10|
- As more Chicagoans get vaccinated against the COVID-19 infection, officials at Howard Brown Health (Howard Brown) are preparing their responses to a health landscape that will likely be much different from what it was before the ...
|Pritzker Military Museum hosting June 23 Pride panel 2021-06-09|
- Chicago's Pritzker Military Museum & Library is presenting a panel discussion, "Exploring the Intersection of the U.S. Military and the LGBTQ Community," on Wed., June 23, at noon CT in celebration of Pride Month. The virtual ...
|Howard Brown Health announces first Fellowship Class of Future Public Leaders Program 2021-06-09|
--From a Howard Brown Health press release - (Chicago, Ill., June 7, 2021) - Howard Brown Health is honored to announce the first six fellows to receive paid internships as part of the Gregory Shapen Public Health Fellowship Endowment Fund. The program was established ...
|Lambda Literary Award winners announced 2021-06-09|
- On June 1, Lambda Literary announced the winners of its 33rd Annual Lambda Literary Awards. The winners were selected by a panel of more than 60 literary professionals from more than 1,000 book submissions from more ...
|Illinois Holocaust Museum Panel Discussion: Pride in the time of COVID-19 2021-06-07|
--From a press release - The global pandemic has been a roadblock to traditions and celebrations for consecutive years. Since the 1970s, the last Sunday in June was an opportunity for thousands of LGBTQ+ individuals to celebrate their individuality, to be ...
|"People's Pride" to replace corporate parade this June 2021-06-04|
--From a press release - LGBTQ activists organizing under the banner #PrideWithoutPrejudice, who proudly participated in the year-long #blacklivesmatter uprising since George Floyd's murder by police, are organizing two inclusive "People's Pride" actions in the ...
|Mayor Lori Lightfoot to kick off "A Legacy of Pride" June 7 2021-06-04|
--From a press release - The Legacy Project and Rep. Lamont Robinson will present "A Legacy of Pride" at Chicago's Legacy Walk Outdoor LGBTQ+ History Museum/Jane Addams Memorial, 3600 N. Halsted St. on June 7 at 10:30 a.m. Mayor Lori Lightfoot ...
|Bud Billiken Parade to return this summer 2021-06-03|
- The South Side event known as the Bud Billiken Parade will return Aug. 14, ABC7Chicago.com reported. The parade is the largest Black parade in the world and the second-largest parade in the country. Organizers said the ...
|Wisconsin LGBTQ History fundraiser honors 60th anniversary of LGBTQ uprising 2021-06-01|
--From a press release - Milwaukee, WI - As Pride Month kicks off today across America, the Wisconsin LGBTQ History Project is launching a campaign to celebrate the birthplace of "pride" in Wisconsin, recognize a turning point in local LGBTQ history, ...
|Chicago LGBT veterans honor the fallen on Memorial Day 2021-05-31|
- The Chicago Chapter of the American Veterans for Equal Rights (AVER) honored the fallen on Memorial Day with flowers at the granite monument on Halsted Street and Addison which honors LGBTQ veterans. The monument was commissioned ...