WINDY CITY TIMES
||Personal PAC endorses JB Pritzker for Governor
From a Personal PAC press release
This article shared 662 times since Fri Jan 12, 2018
Personal PAC is endorsing JB Pritzker for Governor in the March 20th Democratic primary election.
"Personal PAC is proud to join U.S. Senators Dick Durbin and Tammy Duckworth, U.S. Representative Cheri Bustos, Mike Quigley and Luis Gutierrez, Secretary of State Jesse White, Comptroller Susana Mendoza, Treasurer Mike Frerichs, HB 40 Sponsors Senator Heather Steans and Representative Sara Feigenholtz, Chicago City Clerk Anna Valencia, Chicago Treasurer Kurt Summers, Illinois AFL-CIO, Illinois Federation of Teachers ( IFT ), Illinois Education Association ( IEA ), Illinois Democratic County Chair's Association and many others throughout Illinois in uniting behind JB Pritzker as the strongest pro-choice candidate in the Democratic primary and November general election," said Personal PAC Board Chair, Melissa Widen. "JB understands that reproductive rights are under attack in Illinois and across the country, and he has demonstrated a deep commitment to supporting pro-choice candidates, organizations and legislation. JB was a strong advocate for HB 40 and his campaign led a coordinated effort to pressure Gov. Rauner to sign the bill. Illinois needs a real pro-choice Governor who can be counted on to protect women and families at every turn," continued Widen.
"It has become extremely clear to Personal PAC and most people in the State of Illinois that Bruce Rauner simply can't be trusted to tell the truth," added Terry Cosgrove, Personal PAC President & CEO. "While Governor Rauner eventually did the right thing by signing HB 40, he took every conceivable position on the bill in the space of months, told different people different things at the same time, caused pro-choice advocates to spend countless hours and dollars getting him to keep his original written promise until he finally signed the bill," stated Cosgrove. "There is not a single pro-choice advocate in Illinois who can say with any certainty that if Gov. Rauner were re-elected, he would oppose the efforts to repeal HB 40. He sadly cannot be trusted to keep his word from one day to the next. On the other hand, Personal PAC has every confidence that JB Pritzker's unwavering commitment to reproductive justice over several decades will ensure that Pritzker will be a pro-choice Governor that Illinois will be proud of every single day," Cosgrove concluded.
Personal PAC is a bi-partisan state and local pro-choice political action committee dedicated to electing and holding accountable candidates to state and local office.
This article shared 662 times since Fri Jan 12, 2018
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|NATIONAL Danica Roem, 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell,' abortion appeal, Lambda Legal 2021-09-26|
- Transgender Virginia legislator Danica Roem is facing a conservative marriage-equality opponent and former Trump administration member in her re-election race this November, Yahoo! News noted. Roem, a Democrat, was elected to the House of Delegates in ...
|WORLD Marches, world leaders, Swiss marriage, soccer match 2021-09-26|
- Thousands of people including soldiers and diplomats marched peacefully through the Ukrainian capital of Kyiv in an annual Pride parade despite some opposition to an event called off last year because of the coronavirus pandemic, Reuters ...
|Chicago's holiday cultural and arts events to reopen for in-person 2021-09-23|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot and the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) today announced DCASE fall and holiday programming as Chicago's vital arts scene continues to safely and fully reopen. In-person holiday ...
|Equality Illinois CEO Brian C. Johnson on new book, 'Our Fair Share' 2021-09-22|
- In Equality Illinois CEO Brian C. Johnson's new book, Our Fair Share: How One Small Change Can Create a More Equitable American Economy, he posits that receiving a Citizen Dividend will help all U.S. residents achieve ...
|America250 to host LGBTQ+ Community Conversation Webinar Sept. 23 2021-09-22|
--From a press release - Washington, D.C. —America250, the nationwide commemoration of America's 250th anniversary in 2026 led by the U.S. Semiquincentennial Commission, will host its next Community Conversation on Thursday, Sept. 23, at 4 pm ET. Members of the LGBTQ+ ...
|LGBTQ blood donation discrimination assessed, PULSE shootings cited 2021-09-21|
--From a press release - Chicago, Ill. — Last week, Reps. Mike Quigley (IL-05), Val B. Demings (FL-10), Carolyn B. Maloney (NY-12), Adam B. Schiff (CA-28), Barbara Lee (CA-13), and Ritchie Torres (NY-15) received a ...
|Equality Illinois 'deeply troubled' by investigation into pro-LGBTQ teacher 2021-09-20|
- Equality Illinois issued a press release stating it is "deeply troubled" after a DuPage County teacher is being investigated for posts about LGBTQ history and racial justice. The videos, which were reposted to Twitter in early ...
|Chicago Ald. Cappleman attacked 2021-09-19|
- On the night of Sept. 18, Chicago Ald. James Cappleman was attacked in the Uptown area of the city, The Chicago Tribune reported. Cappleman, in charge of the 46th Ward, is one of five members of ...
|WORLD Germany's compensation, Lyra McKee, LGBTQ Afghans, tennis player 2021-09-19|
- Germany has compensated almost 250 people who were prosecuted or investigated under a Nazi-era law criminalizing homosexuality, according to euronews. By September, 317 people had applied for compensation for their ...
|Patrick J. Kennedy to receive award from Trilogy at virtual gala 2021-09-18|
- Chicago-based Trilogy Behavioral Healthcare will present its Partner in Recovery Award to The Kennedy Forum founder, mental-health advocate and former Congressman Patrick J. Kennedy as a part of its virtual 50th-anniversary gala on Thursday, Oct. 21. ...
|Polis marriage marks first same-sex wedding of sitting governor 2021-09-17|
- On Sept. 15, Colorado Democratic Gov. Jared Polis wed longtime partner Marlon Reis—marking the first same-sex marriage of a sitting U.S. governor, NPR reported. Polis keeps making history. In 2018, Polis became the first openly gay ...
|Hastert settles sexual-abuse lawsuit 2021-09-16|
- Days before a trial was set to begin, former U.S. House Speaker Dennis Hastert reached a tentative settlement in a hush-money lawsuit filed by a man whose decades-old sexual-abuse allegations led to the politician's downfall six ...
|Now, only five of Chicago's 50 aldermen reject automatic pay raises 2021-09-16|
- Forty-five out of 50 Chicago aldermen have opted to accept a 5.5% pay increase in 2022 that will push the highest paid among them to an annual salary of more than $130,000, according to The Chicago Tribune. ...
|Chicago alderman apologizes for 'offensive words' 2021-09-15|
- Jim Gardiner, alderman of Chicago's 45th Ward, apologized during the Sept. 14 Chicago City Council meeting for his "offensive words" but said he "never acted on any of those rants" in which he appeared to call ...
|Gov. Pritzker signs transformative energy legislation for Illinois 2021-09-15|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — Delivering on principles previously laid out, Governor JB Pritzker signed landmark legislation into law that puts the state on a path toward 100% clean energy, invests in training a diverse workforce for the jobs ...