WINDY CITY TIMES
||Now Hear This!
by Tony Peregrin
This article shared 1616 times since Wed May 23, 2001
Simon Le Bon, Nick Rhodes, Roger Taylor, Andy Taylor and John Taylor will enter the studio together for the first time in 15 years to record an all-new album, the first since 1984's live LP Arena. Look for the results of the Duran x2 reunion sometime next year.
The Pet Shop Boys have announced the release of remastered versions of their first six studio albums ( Please, Actually, Introspective, Behavior, Very and Bilingual ) sometime in June. Each newly remastered offering will include a bonus CD titled "Further Listening" featuring rare songs, B-sides and remixes of their material, from each era that the record was originally released. Look for the albums to be accompanied by a 36-page booklet containing lyrics, photographs and interviews with the band about each individual song.
BT and William Orbit are issuing a collection of remixed Sarah McLachlan tunes, called, appropriately enough, Sarah McLachlan Remixed. The Canada-only release will also feature the remixing talents of Rollo, Fade and Rabbit in the Moon. The reasoning behind the limited release of the CD, according to the singer's manager in an interview with sonicnet.com, "It's not a mainstream U.S. release. She's not going to release singles from it or tour behind it. I don't want any confusion. It's made for the dance floor."
Stephen Gately, the gay one from the now-defunked Boyzone, has told the British press that he wants be cast in the second Harry Potter film ( the first one is already in production. ) "I really want to be in it, even if I'm just an extra or something. I've seen the trailer for the first one and it looks amazing. I'm getting my book signed by JK Rowling next week and I'm so excited," squeaked the young cutie, to Worldpop. Gately also says that he has been granted a role in the newly resuscitated Absolutely Fabulous ... .
It's no big surprise, but, yep he's gay: by now you've heard that Michael Stipe has finally deemed himself a "queer artist" and admits that for the last three years he has been in a relationship with a male, to an interviewer from Time magazine. He credits George Michael's declaration of homosexuality on CNN as an inspiration for his disclosure. Look for Stipe to make cameos on new albums by MC Kool G Rap's and The Utah Saints.
Random notes: The bootleg remix of Eddy Grant's Electric Avenue has been signed by Warner Bros. and the ( Ringbang remix ) hits the streets May 28, though in the states you may have to purchase it as an import. The remix, which was a monster hit at the Miami Winter Music Conference, was originally remixed in Los Angeles by producer Peter Black ... . Janet Jackson hits Chicago July 26 to back up her "All For You" CD. The next single off the album will be "Someone to Call My Lover" and the video for the song is to be shot in Hawaii ... . The new Garbage album is called "Beautiful Garbage" and will be released late this summer. Go to Shirley's Web site, ( www.garbage.com ) and you can read her online diary about the making of the record, which will include songs with titles like "I Just Don't Care" and "Over a Cup of Coffee" ... . Moby says he has over 100 songs already written for his new album and that he is trying to crop the list down to a few precious selections ... And finally, a sad goodbye to one of the fiercest gay clubs in the world, New York City's Twilo, which has been forced to shut its doors because of missing and invalid building permits, according to The New York Times. A court date has been set for June 21, but city officials say the club will remain closed until the club's licenses have be reinstated. The city has tried to close Twilo for the past three years, during which two clubgoers have died of alleged drug overdoses.
e-mail column tips to Tony at firstname.lastname@example.org
This article shared 1616 times since Wed May 23, 2001
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|MUSIC Elton John's 'The Lockdown Sessions' now out 2021-10-22|
- Elton John's The Lockdown Sessions is now out, courtesy of Interscope Records. An album of collaborations recorded remotely over the last 18 months, The Lockdown Sessions features UK #1 single "Cold Heart (PNAU remix)," with Dua ...
|THEATER E. Faye Butler to star in 'Fannie' Oct. 25-Nov. 14 2021-10-21|
- Goodman Theatre, 170 N. Dearborn St., will host the run of Cheryl L. West's Fannie (The Music and Life of Fannie Lou Hamer), which will run Oct. 25-Nov. 14. E. Faye Butler stars as U.S. civil-rights ...
|Lyric Opera presenting 'Florencia en el Amazonas' Nov. 13-28 2021-10-21|
- During Nov. 13-28, Lyric Opera of Chicago will run the company premiere of Florencia en el Amazonasthe first Spanish-language work to be presented as part of Lyric's mainstage opera season. There will be evening performances on ...
|SHOWBIZ Superman, TheWrap, Oscar Wilde, Billy Porter, Cher, 'Dragula' 2021-10-17|
- The ongoing comic Superman: Son of Kal-El, by writer Tom Taylor and artist John Timms, launched in July and saw Jon Kent officially take up the mantle of the Man of Steel now that his father, ...
|CIFF, featuring LGBTQ+ films, running through Oct. 24 2021-10-15|
- North America's longest-running competitive film festival, this year's event expands throughout Chicago with presentations at venues across the city, including at AMC River East 21; the Music Box Theatre; the Gene Siskel Film Center; special drive ...
|MUSICALS 'Pretty Woman' tickets go on sale Oct. 15 2021-10-15|
- After a pre-Broadway run in Chicago and being on Broadway, Pretty Woman: The Musical, based on one of Hollywood's most beloved romantic stories of all time, returns to Chicago. The production will run at the CIBC ...
|'Tapping into Ca$h' : CaSera Heining lives double life as DJ Ca$h Era and radio producer 2021-10-14|
- Minutes before DJ Ca$h Era hosted Lollapalooza's first drag show, the Black queer woman behind the stage name was pacing nervously behind the scenes and listening to a drag queen animatedly remind her they were "making ...
|MUSIC Janis Ian's last Chicago concert May 14 2021-10-13|
- In what is being advertised as her last concert in Chicago, LGBTQ singer Janis Ian will be performing at the Old Town School of Folk Music, 4544 N. Lincoln Ave. on Saturday, May 14, 2022, at 8 p.m. Tickets ($48-$50) will ...
|THEATER 'Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog' running through Nov. 6 2021-10-12|
- Black Button Eyes Productions is welcoming back live audiences with the popular internet musical Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog—an authorized fan production to benefit the Chicago charity Season of Concern—playing through ...
|Lyric Opera running seven performances of 'The Magic Flute' Nov. 3-27 2021-10-11|
- Lyric Opera of Chicago is running seven performances of The Magic Flute, Mozart's final opera, on Nov. 3-27. There will be performances at 7 p.m. on Nov. 3; matinees on Nov. 7, 11, 14 and 17, ...
|SHOWBIZ 'Drag Race' winners, Playboy, punk band, The Dinah, Daniel Craig 2021-10-10|
Video below - As part of VH1's #LGBTQHerstoryMonth project, five winners from the RuPaul's Drag Race winner's circle—season one's BeBe Zahara Benet, All Stars 4 winner Monet X Change, season 11 winner Yvie Oddly, season 12 victor Jaida Essence ...
|Madonna's latest concert film, Madame X, now out 2021-10-09|
- The concept film to Madonna's acclaimed Madame X Tour has debuted in the United States Latin America, Australia, the Nordics and Canada exclusively on Paramount+, the streaming service from ViacomCBS. Fans outside these markets can watch ...
|Book about musician Tori Amos' works coming out 2021-10-07|
- The book Tori Amos: every album, every songby rock journalist Lisa Toremwill be out in the United States on Friday, Oct. 29, courtesy of Sonic Bond Publishing. In 1992, Amosan acclaimed singer, pianist and composerachieved fame ...
|MUSIC Rachael Sage at Uncommon Ground on Oct. 14 2021-10-06|
- Rachael Sagedescribed as an "award-winning singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist and member/supporter of the LGBTQ+ community"will perform at Uncommon Ground-Lake View, 3800 N. Clark St., on Thursday, Oct. 14, at 8 p.m. ...
|Opera singer Ketelson to give Center on Halsted performance 2021-10-05|
- World renowned bass-baritone opera singer Kyle Ketelsen will perform Italian arias at the Center on Halsted to raise funds both to support his alma mater, Clinton (Iowa) High School (Vocal Department) and Care for Real Pantry ...