WINDY CITY TIMES
||Modern Military Association of America names executive director
--From a press release
This article shared 801 times since Tue Feb 9, 2021
MMAA is pleased to announce that the board of directors has selected Jennifer Dane as executive director. Jennifer is a U.S. Air Force veteran and has served as the organization's interim executive director since February 2020.
"I'm honored and humbled to be entrusted with this role at a critical juncture in our movement's history," said MMAA Executive Director Jennifer Dane. "We've come so far and achieved so much thanks to the selfless advocates who never gave up in their fight to overturn discriminatory policies and ensure today's modern military families have the support they deserve. With so much left to accomplish, I'm proud to lead this organization forward and double down in our incredibly important work to support and defend the LGBTQ military and veteran community."
"Over the last several months, Jennifer has stepped up to lead and truly moved this organization forward in our fight to advance fairness and equality for the LGBTQ military and veteran community," said Joshua Fontanez, chair of the MMAA Board of Directors. "Her collaborative leadership style and clear vision for modern military and veteran families are a perfect fit for the vitally important work we have ahead of us."
Jennifer is a veteran of the United States Air Force who served as an intelligence analyst focusing on geopolitical, terrorism, and threat vulnerability issues. She has earned a diversity and inclusion certificate from Cornell University, an associate degree in intelligence studies from the Community College of the Air Force, a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice from Bethel University, a Master of Arts in Criminal Justice from Arizona State University, and a Masters of Arts in Education Policy from The Ohio State University. Jennifer is also a past fellow of The Mission Continues — Service Leadership Corps and Veterans in Global Leadership.
Formed through the merger of the American Military Partner Association and OutServe-SLDN, the Modern Military Association of America is the nation's largest non-profit organization dedicated to advancing fairness and equality for the LGBTQ military and veteran community.
This article shared 801 times since Tue Feb 9, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Gerber/Hart comedy benefit Sept. 18 2021-07-31|
- Gerber/Hart Library and Archives, 6500 N. Clark St.. will host a comedy benefit, "Stacks of Laughter," on Saturday, Sept. 18. At 6 p.m., there will be a VIP reception with local historian John D'Emilio. Also, a ...
|Donnelley Foundation announces 'Broadening Narratives' grant recipients 2021-07-27|
- The Chicago-based Gaylord and Dorothy Donnelley Foundation (the Foundation)which supports land conservation, artistic vitality and regional collections for the people of the Chicago region and the Lowcountry of South Carolinaannounces ...
|MacArthur Foundation grants $80M to advance racial and ethnic justice 2021-07-27|
- On July 27, the MacArthur Foundation announced roughly $80 million in grants centered on advancing racial and ethnic justice. The Equitable Recovery grants are funded by MacArthur's social bonds, issued in response to the crises of ...
|Market Days performers include Jody Watley, Todrick Hall, Steve Grand 2021-07-23|
- Northalsted Market Days—taking place Aug. 6-8—will feature a star-studded line-up. Just some of the performers slated to entertain are icon Jody Watley ("Looking for a New Love"), Todrick Hall, Steve ...
|Summit looking for BIPOC LGBTQ+ attendees 2021-07-22|
- Pride Action Tank (PAT) and AIDS Foundation Chicago (AFC) will co-host "Co-Creating Futures: A BIPOC LGBTQ+ Policy & Practices Summit," starting virtually on Saturday, July 31, 11 a.m.-3:30 p.m. CT. According to the event's webpage, "T ...
|Howard Brown Health announces new leader for The Center for Education, Research, and Advocacy 2021-07-21|
--From a press release - (July 21, 2021— Chicago, IL) Howard Brown Health is pleased announce Brandon Hill, PhD (he/him/his) as Howard Brown Health's new executive director for the Center for Education, Research, and Advocacy ...
|Col. Jennifer Pritzker donating to ACLU to help fight anti-trans laws 2021-07-20|
- Chicago philanthropist and business owner Col. Jennifer Pritzker plans to donate $101,000 and additional six-figure future support to the ACLU from her TAWANI Foundation to fight Tennessee's anti-transgender laws in court, a press release announced. T ...
|Chicago Filmmakers awards $100,000 to local social injustice digital media projects 2021-07-20|
--From a press release - (July 20, 2021 — Chicago, IL) Chicago Filmmakers is pleased to announce that the Chicago Digital Media Production Fund (CDMPF) has awarded a total of $100,000 in grants to eight Chicago artists for the production of ...
|Quigley secures funding for Center on Halsted program and other projects 2021-07-20|
- U.S. Rep. Mike Quigley (IL-05), a member of the House Committee on Appropriations and Chair of the Financial Services and General Government Subcommittee, announced that the Appropriations Committee has approved ...
|Chicago LGBT Hall of Fame announces 2021 inductees 2021-07-19|
--From a press release - The Chicago LGBT Hall of Fame, the only city-sanctioned LGBT Hall of Fame in the world, celebrating its 30th anniversary this year, was founded to honor people and entities, nominated by the community, who have made ...
|NATIONAL Amazon, condo collapse, T-shirt controversy, GLSEN 2021-07-18|
- At least two Amazon employees have resigned in recent weeks to protest the company's decision to continue to sell a book they say frames young people who identify as transgender as mentally ill, NBC News reported. ...
|2.9 million LGBTQ adults have federal student loan debt 2021-07-15|
--From a press release - LGBTQ adults carry more than $93 billion in debt A new study from the Williams Institute at UCLA School of Law conducted in collaboration with the Point Foundation, the nation's largest LGBTQ scholarship fund, finds more ...
|National Black Justice Coalition commemorates International Non-Binary People's Day 2021-07-14|
--From a press release - Statement from David J. Johns, executive director of the National Black Justice Coalition, issued the following statement in commemoration of International non-binary people's Day: "Non-binary people have existed throughout human ...
|NATIONAL Spa incident, N.J. items, AIDS gala, Tenn. lawsuits 2021-07-11|
- Tensions rose between protesters and counterprotesters in Los Angeles over a spa incident involving a transgender woman, The Hill reported. Recently, a cisgender woman complained to staff at Wi Spa in Koreatown after a transgender woman ...
|After 50 years, Boston Pride dissolves 2021-07-11|
- After more than 50 years, Boston Pride decided to stop operating and dissolve, LGBTQ Nation reported. The groupone of the oldest Pride organizations in operationsdecided that the Boston community "needs and wants change without the involvement ...