WINDY CITY TIMES
||MMAA condemns Cong. Marjorie Taylor Greene's 'Hate American Flags' statement
--From a Modern Military Association of America press release
This article shared 1449 times since Mon Feb 1, 2021
WASHINGTON Tonight, the Modern Military Association of America (MMAA) the nation's largest LGBTQ military and veteran non-profit organization condemns Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene's statement on 'hate American flags,' including the Pride flag.
"Today Congresswoman Greene's statement told over ten million LGBTQ Americans that their existence and their symbol, the Pride flag, of diversity and unity is divisive, hateful, and unwelcome," said MMAA Executive Director, Air Force veteran Jennifer Dane. "America's history has long been written by diverse voices and differing experiences, including those who are LGBTQ. Comparing LGBTQ Americans to a hate group that wants to bring mass destruction and erase history is extremely problematic. Congresswoman Greene must be held accountable for her unethical statement."
The Modern Military Association of America (MMAA) is the nation's largest non-profit organization for LGBTQ service members, military spouses, veterans and allies. Formed through the merger of the American Military Partner Association and OutServe-SLDN, MMAA is a united voice for the LGBTQ military and veteran community. Find out more at www.ModernMilitary.org .
This article shared 1449 times since Mon Feb 1, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Pritzker signs measure protecting Illinoisans with disabilities in housing, state government 2022-05-23|
-- From a press release - Chicago— Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker signed HB2775 and SB180 into law today, expanding protections for Illinoisans with disabilities in state government and housing. HB2775 amends the Illinois Human Rights Act ...
|Equality Florida Executive Director Nadine Smith named to Time100 List 2022-05-23|
-- From a press release - St. Petersburg, FL — TIME named Equality Florida Executive Director Nadine Smith to the 2022 TIME100, its annual list of the 100 most influential people in the world. The full list and related tributes appear in ...
|NATIONAL Idaho groups, Clay Aiken, Radio Milwaukee, Louisville school 2022-05-22|
- In northern Idaho, two groups with different agendas plan to hold events on the same day (June 11) at Coeur d'Alene City Parkand both organizations have issued statements, according to the Bonner County Daily Bee. The ...
|WORLD Nigeria protest, 'Flag in the Map,' Belgium, McDonald's 2022-05-22|
- Dressed in rainbow-colored vests, members of the LGBTQ+ community marched in a dangerous demonstration in Nigeria's capital, Abuja, to protest a bill introduced by lawmakers in Nigeria's lower house of parliament last month seeking to ban ...
|Penn. LGBTQ+ candidates mostly suffer losses on primary night 2022-05-21|
- LGBTQ+ candidates running for the U.S. Senate, U.S. House, lieutenant governor and a seat in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in Philadelphia's "gayborhood" each lost their races in the Keystone State's May 17 Democratic primary, The ...
|POLITICS GOP candidate Irvin called Trump an 'idiot,' backed LGBTQ+s 2022-05-16|
- GOP gubernatorial candidate and current Aurora Mayor Richard Irvin has dodged talking about former U.S. President Donald Trump (and many other topics)but recently revealed records show how Irvin reportedly felt ...
|Police officer enters Chicago mayoral race 2022-05-16|
- Longtime Chicago police officer Frederick Collins has jumped into the Chicago mayoral raceand it's not his first. Collins also ran for mayor eight years ago. His 2014 interview with Windy ...
|WORLD Eswatini ruling, Toronto deaths, Greece, blood donations 2022-05-15|
- The High Court in Eswatini (formerly Swaziland) rejected an appeal for legal recognition by the local LGBTQ+-rights group Eswatini Sexual & Gender Minorities, citing "laws … prevailing in the kingdom" ...
|NATIONAL New York synod, Danica Roem, legal action, Pride news, PFLAG 2022-05-15|
- The Metropolitan New York Synod (MNYS), the regional body of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, announced Christopher Vergara as its newly elected vice president, according to a press release. Vergara is the first openly gay ...
|PASSAGES Urvashi Vaid dies, The National LGBTQ Task Force releases statement 2022-05-14|
-- From a press release - WASHINGTON, DC……Legendary attorney, LGBTQ activist, and author Urvashi Vaid, known for her extensive career an advocate for LGBTQ rights, women's rights, anti-war efforts, immigration justice and many other social causes ...
|Pro-choice coalition to rally May 14 in Chicago's Union Park 2022-05-13|
-- From a press release - 'Rally for Abortion Justice,' part of a nationwide 'Bans Off Our Bodies' day of action will takes place in Union Park, 1501 W. Randolph St. on Saturday, May 14 at 9:30 a.m. The crowd may be 25,000 strong according to organizers. ...
|Gov. Pritzker signs legislation addressing rise in organized retail thefts 2022-05-13|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO — On May 13, Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker joined Attorney General Kwame Raoul, lawmakers, advocates and law-enforcement officials to sign legislation designed to combat a nationwide rise in coordinated retail thefts. "This new law represents ...
|State rep joins Chicago mayoral race 2022-05-13|
- On May 12, Illinois state Rep. Kam Buckner announced his candidacy for Chicago mayor, stating, "We cannot wait a day longer for a safe and just Chicago for all of us," The Chicago Tribune reported. Buckner ...
| Lightfoot, City Clerk Valencia announce partnership with UN Women 2022-05-10|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot and City Clerk Anna Valencia announced a partnership with UN Women's Global Flagship Program, Safe Cities and Safe Public Spaces. The initiative responds to sexual violence against women and girls ...
|Lightfoot announces a 'Justice for All Pledge' based on equity and access 2022-05-09|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO Today, Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot joined reproductive justice leaders to announce the Justice For All Pledge, in response to the leaked draft opinion by the majority of the Supreme Court of the United States ...