WINDY CITY TIMES
||Illinois reports no new COVID deaths for a full day, first time in 16 months
This article shared 997 times since Wed Jul 7, 2021
On July 5for the first time in nearly 16 monthsIllinois went a full day without losing a resident to COVID-19, The Chicago Sun-Times reported.
The Illinois Department of Public Health reported no new COVID-19 fatalities that day, which hadn't happened previously since March 16, 2020a few days before Gov. J.B. Pritzker ordered residents to stay inside their homes as much as possible to stem the spread of the novel coronavirus.
It's still possible one or more fatalities could eventually be added to the rare total, as officials often adjust daily figures based on delayed reports from hospitals, especially after a holiday.
Chicago had not reported any coronavirus deaths for a full week, though that could also change because those figures are generally delayed.
This article shared 997 times since Wed Jul 7, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Five Worth Finding: World AIDS Day, 'Benedetta,' books, wine in a can 2021-11-26|
- World AIDS Day event at Belmont Harbor: The Chicago Parks Foundation will hold a World AIDS Day event on Dec. 1, 9-10:30 a.m., at the Belmont Harbor Yacht Club. Antonio King, LGBTQ health and outreach liaison ...
|New COVID variant discovered in South Africa 2021-11-26|
- Global authorities reacted with alarm to a new coronavirus variant detected in South Africa, with the European Union and Britain among those tightening border controls as scientists tried to find out if the mutation was vaccine-resistant, ...
|BIPOC LGBTQ+-led orgs and spaces adapt to continued effects of COVID-19 2021-11-25|
- s the world continues to grapple with the lasting effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, some BIPOC LGBTQ+-led bars and community-building organizations have adapted by implementing increased safety protocols and strengthening ...
|COVID Chicago's travel advisory back up to 40 states and one territory 2021-11-24|
- The Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) added two states to its weekly COVID-19 travel advisory on Nov. 23. The advisory stands at 40 states and one territory. Connecticut, whose daily COVID Case rate per 100,000 ...
|WORLD HIV case, Ireland items, Kim Petras, actress' illness 2021-11-21|
- A woman in Argentina has become only the second documented person whose own immune system may have cured her of HIV, NBC News noted. Researchers have dubbed the 30-year-old mother, who was first diagnosed with HIV ...
|COVID U.S. opens boosters for all adults 2021-11-20|
- On Nov. 19, the United States, through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), allowed COVID-19 booster shots for all adults and took the extra step of urging people 50 and older to seek one, ...
|HHS acts to prevent discrimination, strengthen civil rights 2021-11-19|
--From a press release - Washington D.C. — Today, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) through the Administration for Children and Families (ACF) and Office for Civil Rights (OCR), announced actions to further ...
|LGBTQ+ equality in nine Illinois municipalities detailed in Human Rights Campaign Index 2021-11-18|
--From a press release - WASHINGTON Today, the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation, the educational arm of the nation's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ+) civil rights organization, in partnership with The ...
|COVID Chicago's travel advisory down to 38 states, one territory 2021-11-17|
- The Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) removed three states and returned one to its weekly COVID-19 travel advisory on Nov. 16. The advisory stands at 38 states and one territory. Alabama, Mississippi and Tennesseeall of ...
|SAGE Board of Directors dedicates $1M to support trans elders 2021-11-17|
--From a press release - [New York, NY] SAGE, the world's largest and oldest organization dedicated to improving the lives of LGBTQ+ elders, is proud to announce the Transgender and Non-Binary (TGNB) Elder Program Equity Fund. Trans Awareness Week is ...
|Chicago Therapy Collective to honor Trans Day of Resilience 2021-11-16|
- On Saturday, Nov. 20, Chicago Therapy Collective will release an original music video cover of Wildfires (Sault, 2020) in honor of Trans Day of Resilience (TDOR) 2021 and the racial justice uprisings of 2020. According to ...
|Northwestern University researchers present data on COVID-19 impacts on minoritized youth 2021-11-16|
- Two Northwestern University-affiliated researchers presented a webinar Nov.9 about the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on youth in minoritized communities in the United States, among them youths in the LGBTQ+ community. The webinar was part of ...
|New posters advise Native American caregivers on raising LGBTQ-2S children 2021-11-15|
By Cris Villalonga-Vivoni - On Oct. 27, the Family Acceptance Project (FAP) at San Francisco State University further expanded its ongoing "Healthy Futures" poster series by launching three new behavioral guides for indigenous parents ...
|WORLD China clinic, lesbian couple, Mr. Gay World, Ghana bill 2021-11-14|
- China launched its first medical clinic to treat transgender children and adolescents, NBC News reported. The Chinese state-backed media outlet The Global Times recently reported that the clinic opened at the Children's Hospital of Fudan University ...
|Emails show how Trump, officials planned to downplay COVID dangers 2021-11-12|
- The House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis released new emails and documents that show the extent to which top White House officials, under former President Donald Trump, interfered in the Centers for Disease Control and ...