||Hey, I'm That Guy from the Magazine
by Kirk Williamson
This article shared 4341 times since Wed Nov 9, 2005
Four long years... and we ain't dead yet. Not that they haven't tried. I hear tell that the last hombres tried to take us down are now on the run from the West Virginia mob. Italians in West Virginia? I, too, am aghast.
As I sit finishing up this final, final post-Halloween issue ( I promise ) , I see on my little black-and-white that X/O has gotten a rave review on WTTW's Check Please. Kudos, Mark!
Our cover boy Manuel was quite accommodating when I stormed in unannounced to Cocktail at 1 a.m. to search for a hot subject. Luckily, Chicago Beef delivers.
Nightspots operative Jerry brought me up to speed on innjoy, Wicker Park's home to the acid-tongued DJ Madrid. Give that queen a wig and stand clear. Sounds like she keeping the bitches in stitches over at 2051 W. Division every Monday night. I'll be stopping in soon myself for a little bit of the ultra-violence ( come on, you gotta know what movie I stole that from! )
See page 30 for a fiesta of the testicles, namely Felix from Hideaway. You will be seeing his face ( plus other choice bits ) on the cover soon if I have anything to do with it. As the editor, by the way, I have everything to do with it.
Dig it now. I'll be doing a reading of some old and new pieces at Scott Free's Homolatte on Wednesday, November 23. Plenty of warning for those organizationally-challenged of you out there. Lawrence and Damen. 7:30 p.m.
This article shared 4341 times since Wed Nov 9, 2005
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Touche holds fundraiser for Windy City Times 2022-07-12|
- Leather bar Touche, 6412 N. Clark St., held its regular Friday fundraiser on July 8—and the fortunate recipient this time was Windy City Times. Approximately $200 were raised during this benefit raffle. Touche has been a ...
|Pride Journey: Iceland 2022-03-21|
- The only way to describe Iceland is ... magical. It truly is. Iceland is like no other place I've visited in the world. It's topography, climate, people, culture, history, and nightlife blended together make Iceland a ...
|PASSAGES Jeffrey Wayne ("Jef") Morgan 2022-01-11|
- Jeffrey Wayne "Jef" Morgan, of Chicago's West Rogers Park neighborhood, passed away unexpectedly from a heart attack while shoveling snow on Jan. 2. He was 58. Jef was the well-loved manager at Little Jim's on ...
|'Andersonville Homecoming' Sept. 24-26; line-up, vendors, safety protocols announced 2021-09-15|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (Sept. 15, 2021) The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce (ACC) is pleased to announce the full entertainment line-up and vendors for Andersonville Homecoming--a three-night, two-day outdoor festival featuring ...
|Next OUTspoken show Sept. 7 2021-08-24|
- An OUTspoken Storytelling Night taking place Tuesday, Sept. 7, will offer tales told by six people who will relate their stories of fun and fortune from a LGBTQ+ perspective. The entertainment will start at 7 p.m. ...
|Taste of River North cancelled 2021-07-29|
- On July 29, the River North Residents Association, along with theMART and Duff Entertainment, announced the cancellation of the 2021 edition of Taste of River North. The event was slated to take place Aug. 20-21 at ...
|OUTspoken storytelling to host six takes from LGBTQ+ perspective 2021-07-26|
--From a press release - The month of August is hot - but OUTspoken at the Sidetrack will be even hotter on Aug. 3 when six storytellers will tell tales of fun and fortune from a LGBTQ+ perspective! The program will start at 7:00 pm at ...
|LGBTQIA+ tavern to open in Uptown this fall 2021-07-14|
- 2Bears Tavern Groupwhich owns and operates Andersonville's The SoFo Tap and Meeting House Tavern as well as Rogers Park's Jackhammeris opening 2Bears Tavern Uptown in the former Nick's on Wilson space at 1140 W. Wilson Ave. ...
|Pride Parade coordinator provides latest on the 'likely scenario' for event 2021-05-08|
- Tim Frye, the coordinator of the 2021 Pride Parade, told Windy City Times that the assessment of this year's event has not changed over the last few weeks. The official statement/assessment at this point is: "We ...
|OUTspoken Storytelling to host tales from LGBTQ perspectives Nov. 10 2020-11-01|
--From a press release - Another exciting OUTspoken Storytelling Night will offer the perspective of four Chicagoans telling life's stories from their LGBTQ+ viewpoint or that of their close friends and relatives, Tuesday, Nov. 10, starting at 7 p.m. on Zoom. ...
|Arts in the Dark Halloween Parade, this year a drive-through 2020-10-26|
--From a Chicago Park District press release - CHICAGO: LUMA8, in collaboration with the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE), the Chicago Park District and Presenting Sponsor, the Blommer Chocolate Company, is pleased to announce Arts in the Dark - an UPSIDE ...
|Nightlines 1990-2001, Nightspots 2001-2015 2020-09-30|
- Throughout the 1990s, Nightlines focused on the LGBTQ entertainment scene, from the bars to the stage and everything in between. With the new millennium came a significant format change as Nightspots focused in on the bar ...
|PASSAGES Former Northalsted bartender Eric Sangster dies at 37 2020-09-27|
- Northalsted bartender Eric Sangster died Sept. 17 unexpectedly at the age of 37. At the time of this article's publication, Sangster's cause of death is unknown. Sangster was born June 4, 1983, on a Jacksonville, North ...
|PASSAGES Gay business owner/nightlife figure Bob Yeaworth dies 2020-09-20|
- Gay business owner and promoter Robert "Bob" Yeaworth died Sept. 14 from complications due to his ALS (also known as Lou Gehrig's disease) diagnosis. He was 64. Yeaworth was born Sept. 17, 1955 in Cincinnati, Ohio, ...
|PASSAGES Medusa's owner Dave Shelton passes away 2020-08-19|
- Dave Shelton, a.k.a. Dave "Medusa" Sheltonso named for his trademark frizzy locks "just was different," recalled his good friend of 45 years, Richard Cooke. Shelton was the proprietor of the iconic nightspot Medusa's on Sheffield in ...