WINDY CITY TIMES
||Gay Cook County candidate endorsed by now-former rival
This article shared 612 times since Fri Jun 10, 2022
Jaylin D. McClinton (he/him/el) announced that Kierra Williams, a 5th District Cook County Board Candidate, is dropping out of the race and endorsing his campaign.
"After careful consideration and a very demanding schedule that will not allow me to give 100% of myself to the constituents of the great 5th District, I am stepping aside and giving my support to my former colleague and classmate from the University of Illinois, Jaylin D. McClinton," said Williams in a statement.
Among the others who have endorsed McClinton are Illinois state Reps. Kelly Cassidy and Lamont J. Robinson, former NAACP President & CEO Ben Jealous, Equality Illinois, the LGBTQ Victory Fund and the Progressive Change Campaign Committee.
Should he prevail, McClinton would be the first openly LGBTQ+ Black individual on the Cook County Board of Commissioners. Read his interview with Windy City Times at www.windycitytimes.com/lgbt/POLITICS-Jaylin-McClinton-aims-for-history-in-Cook-County-commissioner-race/72673.html .
This article shared 612 times since Fri Jun 10, 2022
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|New MAP analysis: How states rank on voting & democracy compared to LGBTQ equality 2022-07-01|
-- From a press release - As we wrap up Pride Month, we at the Movement Advancement Project (MAP) are sharing new analyses utilizing our LGBTQ Equality Maps, which track 50+ LGBTQ state laws and policies, and our new Democracy Maps, which ...
|Chicago LGBTQ+ leaders, activists reflect on Pride Month at event state Sen. Simmons hosts 2022-06-30|
- On June 29, Illinois first out gay state senator, Mike Simmons, hosted a press conference featuring Chicago LGBTQ+ leaders and activists at Gerber/Hart Library and Archives. Speakers included Simmons; Gerber/Hart ...
|LPAC endorses Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot for re-election 2022-06-30|
-- From a press release - LPWashington, DC — LPAC, the national political organization dedicated to electing more LGBTQ women to public office, announced today it has endorsed Lori Lightfoot as she seeks re-election as Mayor of Chicago. LPAC is committed to ...
| Lightfoot's Women's Advisory Council releases report on economic impacts of COVID on Chicago women 2022-06-30|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO Today, Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot's Women's Advisory Council (WAC), in partnership with World Business Chicago, Women Employed, and Civic Consulting Alliance, published Creating a More Equitable Recovery: Addressing ...
|Wisconsin governor challenges abortion ban 2022-06-29|
- Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers and Attorney General Josh Kaul have filed a lawsuit seeking to block the state's 173-year-old ban on abortions, asking a state court to declare the law unenforceable, ABC 7 Chicago reported. In ...
|ELECTIONS LGBTQ+ primary candidates experience varied results 2022-06-29|
- LGBTQ+ candidates running for office in the 2022 primary contests throughout Illinois got mixed results, according to results as of June 29. In the 13th District, state Rep. and House Majority Leader Greg Harris is stepping ...
|Survey: Americans hold complex views on gender identity and trans+ Issues 2022-06-29|
-- From a press release - WASHINGTON, D.C. (June 28, 2022) — As the United States addresses issues of transgender rights and the broader landscape around gender identity continues to shift, the American public holds a complex set of views around these ...
|2022 PRIMARY ELECTIONS Pritzker, Jackson, Bailey among winners 2022-06-29|
- The Illinois primary elections took place June 28—and there was a mix of the expected and the surprising. In the governor's race, incumbent JB Pritzker easily won the Democratic primary over Beverly Miles (93% ...
|Equal Employment Opportunity Commission adds X gender marker to charge intake process 2022-06-28|
-- From a press release - WASHINGTON — The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) announced today full implementation of the opportunity to select a nonbinary "X" gender marker during the intake process for filing a charge of discrimination. "By adding a ...
|ELECTIONS Giannoulias speaks about secretary of state contest 2022-06-27|
- Former State Treasurer Alexi Giannoulias has been mounting a primary run to be Illinois secretary of state. Giannoulias, who held the office from 2007-2011 and ran for the U.S. Senate in 2010 (he lost to former ...
|Politicians attend Equality Illinois' pre-Parade reception 2022-06-27|
- Before Chicago's 2022 Pride Parade, Equality Illinois held a reception for elected officials, candidates and community leaders at Fat Cat Bar. Among those who were slated to attend were Gov. JB Pritzker and First Lady MK ...
|U.S. House passes resolution urging Griner's release 2022-06-26|
- The U.S. House passed a bipartisan resolution calling on the Russian government to immediately release WNBA star Brittney Griner, CNN reported. "Not a day goes by that we aren't thinking of Brittney and working to get ...
|ELECTIONS Ald. Pat Dowell talks congressional run, Brittney Griner, LGBTQs 2022-06-26|
- At the beginning of this year, Illinois Congressman Bobby Rush (D-1st District) announced that he was retiring from federal office. Almost immediately, several people announced their intentions to succeed him. (The total number is now at ...
|NATIONAL Biden's proposal, VP Harris, Elizabeth Taylor, outbreak, candidates 2022-06-26|
- Lambda Legal issued a press release lauding the Biden administration for issuing proposed regulations that will help protect LGBTQI+ youth against unlawful discrimination. The proposed rules, issued by the U.S. ...
|ELECTIONS Judicial candidate Brad Trowbridge on a repeat run, objectivity, Kyle Rittenhouse 2022-06-25|
- If Brad Trowbridge's face looks familiar from Windy City Times' election-related articles, that would make sense. The openly gay attorney has run in local judicial races three times, narrowly losing in 2020. Trowbridge recently talked with ...