The Mystery of the Strap
by Vicky Nabors
This article shared 4421 times since Sat Nov 1, 2003
Butch and Stud lesbians often use strap-on dildos to enhance their sexual pleasures and those of their partner. However, not all butch/stud lesbians participate in this type of sex play. And, this isn't just a butch/stud thang either, there are some femmes who enjoy strapping up as well, and can work it like a master. Now, whether it's requested by the femme or introduced by the butch/stud, the strap is a mysterious yet powerful element of lesbian sexuality.
This writer doesn't know the actual number of strap users in our community (smile), however this topic is something that has been the center of many recent stud/femme conversations. So, let's venture into 'the mystery of the strap' and try to understand why some lesbians love it, while others hate it. Of course there are those who are totally oblivious to it, but that's another column.
A little dick dork once said to me, 'Your jealous because you don't have what I have.' I blew him off because he was feeding into a dumb stereotype of butch lesbian behaviors. Men, and some wimyn, approach this issue from an incorrect male-centered perspective. They believe that lesbians use fake male anatomy (dildos) because they want to emulate male behaviors. But they're wrong. There's no argument that the shape of the female anatomy is made to fit with the shape of the male anatomy. In theory, the shape of the penis, especially the head, is designed to fill the vaginal canal and stroke the womyn's sensitive G-spot. As we all know, it's this stroking motion that brings her to an orgasm. So, the dildo has to be penile shaped in order to be effective; a square-shaped dildo or even a triangle-shaped dildo just won't cut it. Therefore, using a penis-shaped dildo basically becomes a choice out of having no choice, and has nothing to do with the lesbian wanting a man's dick!
Next, we have the essence of lesbian passion and all the emotions it encompasses. Like all wimyn, a lesbian's genitalia will, at some point during the sex act, demand some type of instant relief, preferably stimulation of her G-spot. A skilled lover will provide her partner with relief by using her talented fingers or turn to the strap. I interviewed several femmes on the issue and they agreed that, 'There's nothing more sensuous than a womyn wearing a strap.' They all swear that it's the ultimate turn-on because it's eroticism at it finest. All the senses become alert, for both parties, emotions ignite and the games begin. Now, I'm not going to describe the pleasures that the user of the strap gets, aside from emotional stimulation; you'll just have to use your imagination to understand how suction works, 'hehehe.'
Whether it's a butch/stud and femme paring or an aggressive femme and femme pairing, the wearer of the strap has the power, well … most of the time'clearing throat.' Many of us find the master/slave game quite erotic because it's that relinquishing of power to the person who is providing your body with ultimate pleasure. A strap, at this point, becomes an interesting tool in this type of sex play for those who dare.
As for those sistahs who hate or don't understand the strap, it becomes an issue of not being into penetration or never experiencing it at all. These haters (smile) come in all flavors, stud/femme/bi. And then, there is still that third category of female nay-sayers who can't seem to step away from their male-centered views, on the issue, in order to understand the usefulness of the all mighty strap. Of course this topic is one of those things that isn't discussed openly in the true lesbian community because the the strap is clearly personal.
My bois and I had a ball discussing this topic the other night. A point that stood out in our conversation was the fact that some femmes are pissed that we won't let them use our straps on us. Oh well ladies, it's a stud thang, you just don't understand studs and that's all I have to say.
'Pimping off into the sunset like a turkeygobble gobble gurls!'
Send replies to
This article shared 4421 times since Sat Nov 1, 2003
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Affinity Burning Bowl hosts first-ever virtual event amid pandemic 2021-01-14|
- Amidst the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Affinity Community Services (Affinity) held its annual Burning Bowl Jan. 9 on Zoom and Facebook Live. This year's theme was "Community Undivided." Among other items, the Barbara "Robbie" Smith Award of ...
|SHOWBIZ Laverne Cox, lesbian coach, Jim Parsons, 'Brokeback,' theater items 2021-01-11|
- Laverne Cox is teaming with Meryl Streep and Rashida Jones to executive-produce a new documentary exploring one of the most critical issues at the intersection of race, feminism, and power: the sex industry, out.com noted. Sell/Buy/Date ...
|NATIONAL Anti-bias rule nixed, trans deaths, lesbian archivist dies 2021-01-11|
- Under the cover of chaos the day after Trump supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol, the Trump administration officially nixed regulations barring federal grantees in the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) from discriminating against LGBTQ ...
|National LGBTQ organizations call for Trump's removal from office 2021-01-08|
--From a press release - New York, NY - Thursday, Jan. 7, 2020 - GLAAD, the world's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) media advocacy organization, along with leading LGBTQ legal, health, youth, justice and equality organizations, is callin ...
|Affinity's Virtual Burning Bowl on Jan. 9
- Affinity Community Serviceswhich serves the needs of the Black LGBTQ+ community, with a particular focus on Black womenwill hold its annual Burning Bowl ceremony virtually on Saturday, Jan. 9. At past Burning Bowls, attendees were asked ...
|Affinity seeks new executive director
- Affinity Community Servicesa Black- and queer-led organization on Chicago's South Side dedicated to social justice in Black LGBTQ+ communitiesis seeking a new executive director. The executive director will provide visionary ...
|200 athletes support trans women and girls playing sports
- On Dec. 21, sports icon Billie Jean King, U.S. National Women's Soccer Team co-captain and World Cup Champion Megan Rapinoe, and WNBA trailblazer and legend Candace Parker joined nearly 200 fellow athletes in women's sports to ...
|International LGBTI Assn reports on criminalization, 69 countries have bans 2020-12-15|
--From a press release - Geneva, 15 Dec. 2020 — Despite considerable progress in legal protection for lesbian, gay and bisexual people, 69 UN member States continue to criminalise consensual same-sex activity, ILGA World (The ...
|COVID-19 Ellen DeGeneres tests positive; talk-show production halted
- Ellen DeGeneres has tested positive for COVID-19, and has stopped production on her talk show until January, according to media outlets such as Deadline and EW.com. "Hi Everyone, I want to let you all know that ...
|Missouri lesbian couple settles discrimination suit against senior housing community 2020-12-08|
--From a press release - ST. LOUIS, MO — Today, the National Center for Lesbian Rights (NCLR), along with co-counsel Relman Colfax PLLC, St. Louis LGBTQ civil rights attorney Arlene Zarembka, and the ACLU of Missouri announced the settlement of Walsh ...
|SHOWBIZ Naya Rivera, Jodie Foster, MTV, Marc Jacobs 2020-12-07|
- Naya Rivera's Glee co-stars are honoring the late actress with a fundraiser launched in her memory, Page Six noted. A GoFundMe account has been established by the crew in her name, with proceeds going toward Alexandria ...
|PASSAGES LGBT activist, former Oak Park, Illinois mayor Joanne Trapani dies 2020-12-02|
- LGBT activist and former Oak Park, Illinois Mayor Joanne Trapani died Nov. 29 due to complications from her endometrial cancer diagnosis. She was 71. Trapani was born in Corona, Queens, New York City on Aug. 5, ...
|Prominent lesbians of color will join Biden administration 2020-11-30|
- Two prominent lesbians of color have been appointed to major roles in President-elect Joe Biden's communications department, the transition team announced in a news release November 29. Karine Jean-Pierre, who served as a Biden senior adviser ...
|PASSAGES Joanne E. Trapani 2020-11-29|
- According to Facebook posts, Joanne E. Trapani, one-time village president of Oak Park, has passed away. Read about her life and work in the community at the Chicago LGBT Hall of Fame: http://chicagolgbthalloffame.org/trapani-joanne/ . and at ...
|Award-winning journalist Deb Price dead at 62 2020-11-27|
- Deb Price, the award-winning journalist and author who wrote the first nationally syndicated column on LGBT issues in mainstream newspapers, has died in a hospital at age 62 in Hong Kong, where she had lived for ...