WINDY CITY TIMES
||FILM NewFest announces summer film series NewFest Pride
This article shared 586 times since Thu May 13, 2021
NewFest, New York's leading LGBTQ+ film and media organization, announced programming for NewFest Pride, a new summer film series taking place this year from June 4-7.
All film screenings and events will be available virtually to audiences throughout the United States.
The new summer series, kicking off the month of Pride, will showcase six new feature films, a short film program co-presented with Vimeo, and a handful of LGBTQ-focused panels and special eventsincluding a special virtual live-read event fundraiser of Legally Blonde to celebrate the film's 20th anniversary that features an all-queer-and-trans cast.
Feature films include Ma Belle, My Beauty, which explores a queer polyamorous relationship; Summertime, featuring poetry and performances by 25 young Angelenos; Swan Song, with Udo Kier (along with Jennifer Coolidge, Linda Evans and Michael Urie) as a former hairdresser who escapes his nursing home to style his estranged client for her funeral; Rebel Dykes, about politically charged and artistically radical 1980s London; the mumblecore-inspired Boy Meets Boy; and See You Then, which takes place over an evening as two exes meet 10 years after their break-up.
Visit www.NewFest.org .
This article shared 586 times since Thu May 13, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Sisters in Cinema presents Sister Outsider Juneteenth Celebration 2021-06-16|
--From a press release - CHICAGO, IL- Sisters in Cinema, a Chicago-based 501(c)3 recently in the news for breaking ground on their new Media Arts Center, Is inviting all to participate in their inaugural Sister Outsider: Juneteenth Celebration on Saturday, June ...
|Music Box showing LGBTQ movie 'Summer of '85' on June 25
- Music Box Theatre & Music Box Films, 3733 N. Southport Ave., will present out gay writer/director Francois Ozon's French love story Summer of '85, theatrically in 35mm, on Friday, June 25. Adapted by Ozon from Aidan ...
|Siskel Film Center to reopen Aug. 6
- After closing its doors March 14, 2020 due to COVID-19, the School of the Art Institute of Chicago's (SAIC) Gene Siskel Film Center, 164 N. State St., will reopen for in-person screenings Friday, Aug. 6. With ...
|Seb throws Carlos a quinceanero on 'High School Musical: The Musical: The Series' 2021-06-10|
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series is a streaming television show on Disney+ inspired byyou guessed it!the High School Musical film series. It is set in East High School and has a unique storyline with ...
|Jay Españo named Artistic Director of PrideArts, planning 2021-22 season 2021-06-03|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — Jay Espano, a Chicago actor, director, and filmmaker whose theater training includes education in The Philippines as well as an MFA from Chicago's Columbia College, has been named Artistic Director of PrideArts. Cheri Tatar, ...
|New queer comedy series revisits the women's bathroom 2021-06-02|
- Gal Pal Presents recently premiered a new comedy web series, titled Stalled, which aims to capture the gay nightclub women's restroom scene that you may have experienced, but may have flushed out of memory. The five-episode ...
|Becoming Johanna to air on WTTW 2021-05-31|
--From a press release - Chicago, IL: Becoming Johanna, a compelling story that follows the struggles transgender teens face every day, airs Friday, June 25th at 8:30pm on WTTW (11.1 channel). The film follows Johanna, a 16-year-old transgender Latina, as she ...
|SHOWBIZ 'Love, Victor,' R.E.M., Cher, HIV film, Jane Lynch 2021-05-23|
- The Holy teen dramedy series Love, Victor returns June 11, as season two finds a newly out of the closet Victor entering his junior year at Creekwood High, a press release noted. This season, Victor faces ...
|Doc10 Film Festival returns and includes LGBTQ+ features 2021-05-21|
- Chicago Media Project (CMP) announced the full slate of films being showcased at the annual Doc10 Documentary Film Festival, returning June 17-20. The festival will feature socially distanced, COVID-responsible in-person ...
|FILM Lesbian Bar Project, Jagermeister collaborate on documentary 2021-05-20|
- Following the success of The Lesbian Bar Project PSA and fundraising campaign in 2020, The Lesbian Bar Project and Jagermeister's #savethenight initiative will premiere a documentary short that aims to bring greater awareness to the remaining ...
|SHOWBIZ Ben Platt, Cynthia Erivo, Miley Cyrus, 'Halston' series, Pink 2021-05-16|
- Tony winners Ben Platt (Aug. 13) and Cynthia Erivo (Aug. 20) are among the musicians slated to perform during the 2021 Citi Music Series on the Today show, Playbill noted. The series will include in-person concerts ...
|Black Lives, Black Words Int'l Project, Writers Theatre to premier Ride Share 2021-05-13|
--From a press release - Glencoe, IL— Black Lives, Black Words co-founders Reginald Edmund and Simeilia Hodge-Dallaway and Writers Theatre Artistic Director Michael Halberstam and Executive Director Kathryn M. Lipuma announce Ride Share, a new ...
|FILM Tello Films founder starts new production entity 2021-05-13|
- Veteran filmmaker Christin Baker, who launched the successful LGBTQ+, SVOD platform, Tello Films, in 2009the first network dedicated to telling stories featuring and about lesbian/queer womenannounced the launch of a ...
|Accidental Shakespeare Company presents virtual Romeo and Juliet 2021-05-12|
--From a press release - Accidental Shakespeare Company presents a virtual film production of Romeo and Juliet, to air in five weekly installments on their YouTube channel, free of charge, beginning on May 15, 2021. Links to each episode will be ...
|SHOWBIZ Tig Notaro, films, E. Lynn Harris, Nick Jonas 2021-05-09|
- Emmy- and Grammy-nominated stand-up comedian Tig Notaro (HBO's Tig Notaro: Boyish Girl Interrupted), will return to HBO this summer with the first-ever fully animated stand-up special, HBO announced. The special ...