WINDY CITY TIMES
||ELECTION 2023 INTERVIEW SERIES: Windy City Times interviews candidates [UPDATED]
This article shared 6388 times since Wed Feb 8, 2023
In place of the traditional Windy City Times voting guide, WCT is conducting interviews with candidates running in the Feb. 28 municipal elections. This page will be updated with links to forthcoming interviews.
Opinion: LGBTQ candidates are there as Chicago politics prepare to shift: www.windycitytimes.com/lgbt/Opinion-LGBTQ-candidates-are-there-as-Chicago-politics-prepare-to-shift/74616.html .
49th Ward incumbent Ald. Maria Hadden talks accomplishments, second term goals: tinyurl.com/ybepjamd .
49th Ward challenger Belia Rodriguez on why running, differences from incumbent: tinyurl.com/4mumwc4z .
48th Ward candidate Leni Manaa-Hoppenworth on why running, biggest differences from other challengers" tinyurl.com/4n52fv78 .
4th Ward candidate Lamont Robinson talks run for alderman, political switch, guns, LGBTQ+ issues: tinyurl.com/ydh2pdd9 .
48th Ward candidate Larry Svabek describes his vision for the 48th Ward: tinyurl.com/bdeurt9u .
26th Ward candidate Jessie Fuentes talks mental health, LGBTQ+ Chicagoans: tinyurl.com/bdeurt9u .
35th Ward incumbent Ald. Carlos Ramirez-Rosa seeks third term, talks accomplishments: tinyurl.com/4kdhwjwb .
15th Ward candidate Raymond Lopez on running for alderman, endorsing Willie Wilson: tinyurl.com/456n6s7v .
This article shared 6388 times since Wed Feb 8, 2023
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|NATIONAL Google Doodle, drag laureate, Nebraska bill, NYC AIDS Walk 2023-05-26|
- D.C. poet/activist/journalist Ivy Young passed away at age 75, per a press release. Among other things, Young worked at Chicago's VISTA; the Center for Black Education and Drum and Spear Book Store in D.C.; the ...
|State Rep. Kelly Cassidy denounces violent acts stemming from political speech 2023-05-26|
--From a press release - SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — State Rep. Kelly Cassidy, D-Chicago, along with members of the House Dobbs Working Group responded to increasing acts of violence and threats stemming from political attacks on reproductive rights and the LGBTQ community ...
|Illinois Healthcare Cultural Competency Coalition applauds passage of HB 2450 2023-05-25|
--From a press release - The Illinois Healthcare Cultural Competency Coalition applauds passage by the Illinois General Assembly of legislation that will ensure cultural competency is part of continuing medical education for a range of healthcare providers in Illinois. "We are ...
|Board of Commissioners unanimously passes Bodily Autonomy Ordinance Amendment with support of Equality Illinois, ACLU Illinois 2023-05-25|
--From a press release - Chicago, Ill. — May 25th 2023 — Today, the Cook County Board of Commissioners unanimously passed an amendment to the Human Rights Ordinance ensuring the protection of all individual's right to their own bodily autonomy. The ...
|Louisiana Senate committee kills anti-trans bill aimed at minors 2023-05-24|
- The Louisiana Senate Health & Welfare Committee has stopped an anti-trans bill aimed at minors, WBRZ News 2 in Baton Rouge has reported. Republican committee chairman Fred Mills joined Democrats on May 24 to kill Louisiana House Bill 648—a bill tha ...
|HRC condemns Ohio state senate for passing education censorship bill 2023-05-24|
--From a press release - Columbus, Ohio — The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) — the nation's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ+) civil rights organization — condemned the Ohio State Senate for passing ...
|Target removes some Pride merchandise after receiving threats 2023-05-24|
- Ahead of Pride Month (June), Target is pulling some of its LGBTQ+ merchandise after facing "threats" and backlash from customers, Politico reported. Target's website features hundreds of items as part of its Pride Collection but will ...
|GLAAD, Equality Florida release resource of DeSantis' record of anti-LGBTQ+ info, actions 2023-05-23|
--From a press release - (Tuesday, May 23, 2023) GLAAD and Equality Florida released the LGBTQ record of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, an ongoing documentation of DeSantis' policies and rhetoric targeting LGBTQ people and issues. Read the DeSantis LGBTQ record on ...
|Advocates applaud Illinois General Assembly passage of House Bill 1286 for gender-neutral multiple-occupancy restrooms 2023-05-19|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — Advocates celebrated passage by the Illinois General Assembly of House Bill 1286, legislation that will reduce barriers for businesses serving their communities and customers by allowing for the ...
|Gay lawyer appointed as Cook County judge 2023-05-19|
- On May 18, Justice Joy V. Cunningham and the Illinois Supreme Court announced the appointment of Edward J. Underhill as an at-large Cook County Circuit judge, according to a press release. Underhill was appointed to fill ...
|HB 1286 would allow gender-inclusive multi-occupancy restrooms, Chicago groups respond 2023-05-19|
--From a press release - Statement from AIDS Foundation Chicago, Equality Illinois, and Pride Action Tank regarding HB 1286 to allow gender-inclusive multi-occupancy restrooms: We applaud the Illinois Senate for passing HB 1286 and urge the Illinois House to act expeditiously ...
|NATIONAL DHS violence report, queer Democratic club, trans influencer dies, vigil, GLSEN Awards 2023-05-19|
- The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) said that threats of violence against the LGBTQ+ community are increasing—and intensifying, according to ABC News. "These issues include actions linked to drag-themed events ...
|General Assembly moves closer to passing optional all-gender bathroom bill 2023-05-19|
- On May 18, the Illinois Senate passed an amended version of a bill that would allow businesses and public institutions to provide multi-occupant all-gender bathrooms if they so choose, The Daily Herald reported. House Bill 1286 ...
|White House releases statement by President Biden on International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia, and Transphobia 2023-05-18|
--From a press release - From the White House, May 17, 2023/B> Everyone is entitled to be treated with dignity and equalityno matter whom they love, or how they identify. On the International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia, and Transphobia, we reaffirm ...
|Abortion news: North Carolina, Montana, Nancy Pelosi 2023-05-17|
- On May 16, North Carolina's GOP-led General Assembly moved to ban most abortions after 12 weeks, overriding a veto from Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper. The state House voted 72-48, along party lines, hours after the state ...