||E3 Radio relaunches with new show hosted by Anna DeShawn
--From an www.e3radio.fm press release
This article shared 530 times since Wed Mar 31, 2021
In 2009, E3 Radio hosted its first show Htled "Anna DeShawn & the QCrew". This show had an epic 10 year run educaHng, empowering, and entertaining the Black Queer community of Chicago. During that decade Anna & the QCrew interviewed the likes of Lena Waithe, Hanifah Walidah, Aina Brei'Yon, Tim'm West, Tracy Baim, Vernita Gray, Milon V. Parker, and many many more. In 2009 when Anna founded E3 Radio online streaming was sHll a very new con-cept. Anna says, "Recently colleagues have started calling me a pioneer which is a term I'm sHll learning to accept & receive. What I know for sure is that no one knew what we were do-ing or what I was dreaming up. I recognized the power of online streaming long before many others jumped on board." Over the years E3 Radio has hosted various shows by hosts Angie Harvey, BuaaflySoul and Phenomenon the Poet while today the staHon plays Queer & inde-pendent music in high rotaHon.
In December of 2020, Anna DeShawn quit her full-Hme job to live out her dream of running E3 Radio full Hme. On April 1st at 8am Chicago Time (CT) Anna is relaunching the staHon with a new show Htled, "Wake Up with Anna & Friends". This is a daily music and news show from a Black Queer Woman's angle. Some of the friends include, Charlene Carruthers, Kim Hunt, Tracy Baim, LaSaia Wade, Jacqueline Boyd, and DJ All the Way Kay. When asked about the show Anna said, "I'm really excited and a liale nervous. I love my people and I want to make them proud while also giving something that centers them and their experiences. Shirley Chisolm said if they don't give you a seat at the table bring a folding chair. I'm saying it's Hme for us to build our own tables and our own chairs."
Wake Up with Anna & Friends will air Monday-Friday from 8-10am CT on E3Radio.FM. Tune-in to Queer Radio Done Right.
About E3 Radio
E3 Radio is an online radio staHon playing queer and independent music in high rotaHon. Our three E's stand for educate, empower, and entertain. We believe in playing the music and telling the stories that deserve to be heard. We are Queer Radio Done Right.
This article shared 530 times since Wed Mar 31, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Joan E. Biren aka JEB talks Portraits of Lesbians book journey and re-issue 2021-04-21|
- In an era where lesbian visibility was almost non-existent, activist and photographer Joan E. Biren (or as she is also known, "JEB") self-financed and self-published a photography book called Eye To Eye: Portraits of Lesbians. Biren's ...
|Bechdel, Rannells among upcoming CHF guests
- The Chicago Humanities Festival (CHF) announced its line-up of virtual programs with award-winning writers, scholars and cultural icons in late April and throughout May. Among LGBTQ participants/guests will be Fun ...
|Lightfoot calls resignation rumors 'homophobic, racist and misogynistic'
- On April 18, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot called rumors that she's resigning "homophobic, racist and misogynistic," The Chicago Tribune reported. Lightfoot tweeted, "1/ Good morning from my mansion in Sauganash. ...
|WORLD Peru items, Kenya, UK government, Poland city 2021-04-18|
- The first lesbian elected to Peru's Congress promised to put up a "strong battle" for LGBTQ+ rights in the South American nation as two social conservatives go head to head for a presidential run-off vote in ...
|SPORTS Rapinoe, Morgan lift U.S. to victory over France 2021-04-14|
- The U.S. Women's Soccer National Team beat France 2-0 on April 13 in a friendly match against France behind goals by veterans Megan Rapinoe and Alex Morgan, The Olympic Channel noted. The duo won Olympic gold ...
|The Amazon Trail, How to Write a Book 2021-04-10|
- I'm not giving away any secrets here. Not saying it's simple or that anyone can do it if they send $25.00 to Post Office Box 1,2,3. Nope, it's a personal journey and every story has a story. Here's mine, about the ...
|GLAAD Media Awards honor creative forces of change in media, culture 2021-04-09|
--From a press release, video below - Los Angeles, CA, Thursday, April 8, 2021 — GLAAD, the world's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) media advocacy organization, tonight hosted a virtual ceremony to announce the award recipients of the 32nd Annu ...
|Equality Illinois celebrates Black trans woman's electoral victory in Decatur, Illinois 2021-04-07|
From a press release - A statement from Brian C. Johnson, CEO of Equality Illinois, the state's civil rights organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) Illinoisans: "We are extremely proud of Alana ...
|Gerber/Hart hosts 'Disappeared: Chicago's Lost Lesbian Bars' screening, discussion 2021-04-06|
- Gerber/Hart Library and Archives (Gerber/Hart) hosted a virtual screening of Disappeared: Chicago's Lost Lesbian Bars, a short-film documentary that Jacob Pieczynski directed. A panel discussion followed the screening. The 2017 ...
|'Ma Rainey,' 'Schitt's Creek' win during diverse SAG Awards
- On April 4, a one-hour, pre-taped 27th Screen Actors Guild Awards aired on TNT and TBS, celebrating the best achievements in film and TV performances for 2020. According to Entertainment Weekly, it was a historic night, ...
|WIU LGBTQA Resource Center celebrates 10th Anniversary 2021-04-01|
--From a WIU press release - MACOMB, IL — In 2011, the LGBT*QA Resource Center was established at Western Illinois University to serve as a home, and to raise awareness for, the lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, questioning+ community at WIU. Ten years ...
|32nd Annual GLAAD Media Awards April 8 2021-04-01|
--From a press release - New York, NY - Thursday, April 1, 2021 - GLAAD, the world's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) media advocacy organization, today announced that CHIKA, Rebecca Black, and Niecy Nash's wife Jessica Betts will ...
|Yvonne Zipter's historical novel 'Infraction' out June 1 2021-04-01|
- The lesbian historical fiction work Infraction, by Chicagoan Yvonne Zipter, will be out June 1. The publisher is Rattling Good Yarns Press. Set in socially turbulent St. Petersburg, Russia, in 1875, the work follows Marya Zhukova, ...
|Pentagon reverses Trump-era ban on trans military service, GLAAD responds 2021-03-31|
--From a GLAAD press release - New York, NY - Wednesday, March 31, 2021 - GLAAD, the world's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) media advocacy organization, celebrates news that the Pentagon will issue ...
|Nearly half of all LBQ women have been physically or sexually assaulted
--From a press release - New study examines the social, economic, physical, and psychological well-being of cisgender and transgender LBQ women and girls A new study by the Williams Institute at UCLA School of Law finds about 5% of cisgender and ...