||Domestic Partner Held on $1M Bond in Murder
by Andrew Davis
This article shared 5151 times since Sun Apr 1, 2007
DuPage Associate Judge Mark Dwyer set a $1 million bond on March 22 for Nicole Abusharif, 26, the accused killer of her longtime partner, Rebecca 'Becky' Klein, 32, The Daily Herald has reported.
Abusharif-Klein's roommate and partner of five years-reported her missing on March 16 after being contacted by the victim's boss, who wanted to know where she was. Klein's work vehicle was found a short distance from her home. ( The Daily Herald reported that Klein worked with developmentally disabled people. ) Detectives were on the scene shortly thereafter and found the victim's body the next day in the trunk of a Ford Mustang in the couple's garage.
During a March 21 press conference, DuPage County State's Attorney Joseph Birkett gave an account of what he believed happened to Klein: 'The allegations are that the defendant committed first-degree murder. She placed a bag over Rebecca's head with the intent to kill her and placed her body in the trunk [ and ] lied to the police concerning the key to the trunk in an effort to conceal the homicide.'
Abusharif has been charged with first-degree murder and concealment of a homicide. Her family will try to raise the 10 percent ( or $100,000 ) for her to be released.
So far, no motive has been determined. It is also unclear if a second suspect is involved in the homicide; authorities were mum when asked about the subject during the press conference.
Anyone with information should call Villa Park police at 630-834-7447.
This article shared 5151 times since Sun Apr 1, 2007
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|WORLD European Union, groundbreaking case, Caster Semenya 2020-11-23|
- The European Union announced its first strategy to protect the rights of LGBTQ+ people, out.com noted. Many saw the development as a response to the rising anti-LGBTQ+ hate and rhetoric in Poland and Hungary. The new ...
|Billy Masters 2020-11-23|
- "I think maybe I had something to do with it, because I was always a big fan of doing fancy dress with them when they were smaller, which Gemma hated, but Harry always embraced. Who doesn't love playing dress up?"Harry Styles' ...
|Hate crimes rise to highest level in a decade
- The FBI revealed that hate-crime reports in the United States surged in 2019 to the highest level since 2008, CNN.com reported. The new figures indicate that hate crimes reported to the FBI by law enforcement agencies ...
|NATIONAL Texas board, intersex portfolio, hate crimes, beauty queen dies
- A Texas regulatory board reinstated protections that bar social workers from refusing services to LGBTQ people and people with disabilities, NBC News reported. The Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council, or BHEC, on Tuesday unanimously reversed an ...
|NATIONAL Attacks, TGNC emojis, lawsuits, 'Divas for Democracy'
- A 24-year-old man was punched in the face and called an anti-gay slur while filming a TikTok video with a female friend in lower Manhattan, and police are investigating the attack as a hate crime, according ...
|WORLD Vancouver protest, dating apps, Budapest Pride, N. Ireland marriages 2020-09-08|
- In Canada, protesters held a beach dance party in Vancouver's West End night in a bid to disrupt an event by a Toronto preacher who has been accused of anti-LGBTQ hate speech, CBC.ca reported. David Lynn, ...
|Aurora garden damage seen as possible hate crime 2020-09-02|
- In Aurora, a garden that included a shed painted rainbow colors to support the LGBTQ community was destroyed recently after someone smashed it with a pickup truckand local authorities are viewing the attack as a possible ...
|Annual event spotlights trans lives lost 2020-08-30|
- On Aug. 30, Valerie Griffin celebrated the life of her daughter—Dejanay Stanton, a trans woman of color—with an annual summer get-together billed as "The Main Event Part 2." The event, in its second year, was also ...
|MOVIES 'Disarm Hate' features LGBTQ+ gun-control activists after massacre 2020-08-18|
- Narrated by the iconic actor Harvey Fierstein, the film Disarm Hate seeks to create awareness about gun violence against the LGBTQ+ community following the 2016 Pulse Nightclub massacre in Orlando that took 49 lives as the ...
|NATIONAL Early release, Zara settlement, arrests in Puerto Rico, D.C. gay bars close 2020-05-12|
- U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia Timothy J. Shea, the city's lead prosecutor, informed his office's Hate Bias Task Force that he objected to a decision by a judge to grant the early release of ...
|Judge tosses Smollett prosecution lawsuit 2020-04-23|
- On April 22, U.S. District Court Judge Virginia Kendall dismissed a suit by embattled actor Jussie Smollett in which he alleged he was the victim of a malicious prosecution over his allegedly staged January 2019 hate-crime ...
|SPLC releases 'Hate and Extremism' report 2020-03-23|
- The Southern Poverty Law Center released its annual "Year in Hate and Extremism" report, identifying 940 active hate groups across the United States in 2019. The number of hate groups represents a slight decline from the ...
|NATIONAL Puerto Rico trans death, APA revisions, conversion therapy, LGBTQ gym 2020-03-10|
- Puerto Rico's governor condemned the killing of a transgender womanwhose death ignited a dialogue about transphobia on the islandas a hate crime, HuffPost reported. The body of Alexa Negron Luciano, who was also known as Neulisa ...
|Smollett indicted on new charges 2020-02-11|
- Embattled actor Jussie Smollett has been indicted on new criminal charges nearly a year after Cook County prosecutors dropped disorderly-conduct counts against him for allegedly arranging a racist, homophobic attack ...
|NATIONAL Backlash in Tennessee, judge dies, voucher program, hate-crimes bill 2020-02-11|
- More than 140 businesses signed a letter announcing their opposition to Tennessee's recent slew of anti-LGBTQ laws, which has been dubbed the "slate of hate" by activist groups, NBC News noted. The collective, known as the ...