WINDY CITY TIMES
||Diana Ross in Milwaukee Aug. 27
From a press release
This article shared 4057 times since Wed May 1, 2013
Milwaukee - The one and only Diana Ross will raise our temperatures to red hot this summer, as she visits the Riverside Theater for a spectacular live show on Tuesday, August 27, at 7:30 p.m. Ms. Ross will be pulling out all the stops, with breathtaking costumes and stage designs unlike anything Milwaukee has seen in years.
Diana Ross has had a profound influence on American popular culture and has become an icon in the entertainment industry. She is an Academy Award nominated actress for her unforgettable role as Billie Holliday in Lady Sings the Blues, a Tony and Golden Globe winner, a best-selling author, winner of eight American Music Awards, and a recipient of the Kennedy Center Honors. Her reputation as a woman of great style and beauty has put her on covers of hundreds of magazines. Ms. Ross has sold over 100 million records and recorded 18 #1 hits. Her music became the sound of young America in the 1960s, soon after she signed with Motown Records in 1961 with The Supremes. She embarked on her extraordinary solo career in 1970, and has not stopped since.
Tickets go on sale Friday, May 3 to the general public, but the PrideFest Milwaukee community has been invited to a special PRESALE EVENT starting at noon on Wednesday, May 1. Visit the Pabst/Riverside/Turner Hall website and use code DIANA to get your first choice of seats today.
Because this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, this show will sell out fast.
We are proud to partner with Elite Entertainment, Inc. and the Pabst/Riverside/Turner Hall theater group on this amazing event. For up-to-the-minute PrideFest news throughout the year, follow them on Facebook and Twitter. To become a volunteer, donor, sponsor or vendor, please visit www.pridefest.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 1-414-272-3378.
The mission of PrideFest is to celebrate the diversity of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) culture and community. PrideFest, Inc is a 501c4 nonprofit organization, compliant with all State of Wisconsin and IRS rules.
PrideFest is accomplished through the work of the Board of Directors, which oversees business operations year-round, and the Production Team, which develops and carries out the day-to-day planning of the weekend festival. Each year, this unpaid volunteer team is committed to raising the funding necessary to produce our annual event. PrideFest would not be possible without the generous sponsorships, donations and paid ticket purchases of our community.
This article shared 4057 times since Wed May 1, 2013
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|MUSIC Elton John's 'The Lockdown Sessions' now out 2021-10-22|
- Elton John's The Lockdown Sessions is now out, courtesy of Interscope Records. An album of collaborations recorded remotely over the last 18 months, The Lockdown Sessions features UK #1 single "Cold Heart (PNAU remix)," with Dua ...
|THEATER E. Faye Butler to star in 'Fannie' Oct. 25-Nov. 14 2021-10-21|
- Goodman Theatre, 170 N. Dearborn St., will host the run of Cheryl L. West's Fannie (The Music and Life of Fannie Lou Hamer), which will run Oct. 25-Nov. 14. E. Faye Butler stars as U.S. civil-rights ...
|Lyric Opera presenting 'Florencia en el Amazonas' Nov. 13-28 2021-10-21|
- During Nov. 13-28, Lyric Opera of Chicago will run the company premiere of Florencia en el Amazonasthe first Spanish-language work to be presented as part of Lyric's mainstage opera season. There will be evening performances on ...
|SHOWBIZ Superman, TheWrap, Oscar Wilde, Billy Porter, Cher, 'Dragula' 2021-10-17|
- The ongoing comic Superman: Son of Kal-El, by writer Tom Taylor and artist John Timms, launched in July and saw Jon Kent officially take up the mantle of the Man of Steel now that his father, ...
|CIFF, featuring LGBTQ+ films, running through Oct. 24 2021-10-15|
- North America's longest-running competitive film festival, this year's event expands throughout Chicago with presentations at venues across the city, including at AMC River East 21; the Music Box Theatre; the Gene Siskel Film Center; special drive ...
|MUSICALS 'Pretty Woman' tickets go on sale Oct. 15 2021-10-15|
- After a pre-Broadway run in Chicago and being on Broadway, Pretty Woman: The Musical, based on one of Hollywood's most beloved romantic stories of all time, returns to Chicago. The production will run at the CIBC ...
|'Tapping into Ca$h' : CaSera Heining lives double life as DJ Ca$h Era and radio producer 2021-10-14|
- Minutes before DJ Ca$h Era hosted Lollapalooza's first drag show, the Black queer woman behind the stage name was pacing nervously behind the scenes and listening to a drag queen animatedly remind her they were "making ...
|MUSIC Janis Ian's last Chicago concert May 14 2021-10-13|
- In what is being advertised as her last concert in Chicago, LGBTQ singer Janis Ian will be performing at the Old Town School of Folk Music, 4544 N. Lincoln Ave. on Saturday, May 14, 2022, at 8 p.m. Tickets ($48-$50) will ...
|THEATER 'Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog' running through Nov. 6 2021-10-12|
- Black Button Eyes Productions is welcoming back live audiences with the popular internet musical Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog—an authorized fan production to benefit the Chicago charity Season of Concern—playing through ...
|Lyric Opera running seven performances of 'The Magic Flute' Nov. 3-27 2021-10-11|
- Lyric Opera of Chicago is running seven performances of The Magic Flute, Mozart's final opera, on Nov. 3-27. There will be performances at 7 p.m. on Nov. 3; matinees on Nov. 7, 11, 14 and 17, ...
|SHOWBIZ 'Drag Race' winners, Playboy, punk band, The Dinah, Daniel Craig 2021-10-10|
Video below - As part of VH1's #LGBTQHerstoryMonth project, five winners from the RuPaul's Drag Race winner's circle—season one's BeBe Zahara Benet, All Stars 4 winner Monet X Change, season 11 winner Yvie Oddly, season 12 victor Jaida Essence ...
|Madonna's latest concert film, Madame X, now out 2021-10-09|
- The concept film to Madonna's acclaimed Madame X Tour has debuted in the United States Latin America, Australia, the Nordics and Canada exclusively on Paramount+, the streaming service from ViacomCBS. Fans outside these markets can watch ...
|Book about musician Tori Amos' works coming out 2021-10-07|
- The book Tori Amos: every album, every songby rock journalist Lisa Toremwill be out in the United States on Friday, Oct. 29, courtesy of Sonic Bond Publishing. In 1992, Amosan acclaimed singer, pianist and composerachieved fame ...
|MUSIC Rachael Sage at Uncommon Ground on Oct. 14 2021-10-06|
- Rachael Sagedescribed as an "award-winning singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist and member/supporter of the LGBTQ+ community"will perform at Uncommon Ground-Lake View, 3800 N. Clark St., on Thursday, Oct. 14, at 8 p.m. ...
|Opera singer Ketelson to give Center on Halsted performance 2021-10-05|
- World renowned bass-baritone opera singer Kyle Ketelsen will perform Italian arias at the Center on Halsted to raise funds both to support his alma mater, Clinton (Iowa) High School (Vocal Department) and Care for Real Pantry ...
|Legacy Walk plaques added for Pauli Murray, Matthew Shepard|
|Chicago Sky win their first WNBA championship|
|SHOWBIZ Superman, TheWrap, Oscar Wilde, Billy Porter, Cher, 'Dragula'|
|BOOKS Twelfth (and final) 'Boystown' cover revealed|
|NATIONAL Foster-parent case, stars speak out, Texas youth, 'Queer Eye,' HIV|