WINDY CITY TIMES
||Crossroads Fund announces grantees
Special to the online edition of Windy City Times
This article shared 1228 times since Tue Oct 2, 2012
The Chicago-based organization known as Crossroads Fund announced that, this year, it distributed $303,846 to 73 groups working for racial, social and economic justice.
In the LGBT Issues category, Affinity Community Services, the Association of Latino Men for Action, Earth Pearl Collective, the Illinois Safe Schools Alliance and the Transformative Justice Law Project of Illinois received grants.
Among some of the other groups receiving grants are the Jane Addams Senior Caucus, Occupy Chicago and Lakeview Action Coalition (in the Economic Justice and Community Development category); Community Media Workshop and Chicago Area Peace Action (Human Rights, International Policy & Government Accountability); Beyondmedia Education and the Women's Voices Fund (Women and Girls); and Broadway Youth Center's Peer Advocates Program, Youth Outlook, Young Women's Empowerment Project and the Immigrant Youth Justice League (Youth).
For more info, see www.CrossroadsFund.org .
This article shared 1228 times since Tue Oct 2, 2012
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Mayor Lightfoot: $20M+ in grants will support business, nonprofit recovery 2021-10-22|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot and the City of Chicago Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection (BACP) announced today a $20M Chi Biz Strong Grant Program for small business and nonprofit relief and a ...
|Local business gives historic Edgewater storefront new life with holiday pop-up 2021-10-21|
--From a press release - Oct. 20, 2021 - Chicago, IL - The iconic former Granville Pictures storefront at 6200 Broadway in Edgewater is getting a second life with a holiday pop-up from local business City Grange. For nearly 90 years ...
|Wizard World Comic Con returns to Chicago 2021-10-17|
- After being canceled last year because of the COVID pandemic, Wizard World Comic Con Chicago returned to Rosemont's Donald E. Stephens Convention Center on Oct. 15-17and thousands of people attended. People ranging from attendees to vendors ...
|LGBT Chamber of Commerce to build 1,000 school supply kits for underserved kids 2021-10-15|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — Back 2 School Illinois (B2SI), the state's largest free school supply program, in partnership with the LGBT Chamber of Commerce of Illinois, will host a build-A-kit event at the Center on Halsted on Monday, ...
|Chicago Plumbing Code allows all-gender multiple occupancy restrooms 2021-10-15|
--From a Community Restroom Access Project (CRAP) press release - CHICAGO — The Community Restroom Access Project (CRAP) applauds passage Thursday by the Chicago City Council of the plumbing code modernization ordinance that will allow businesses and building owners to ...
|Dozens of celebrities, companies set to take part in Spirit Day on Oct. 21 2021-10-15|
--From a press release - New York, NY, Thursday, October 14, 2021 - Today, GLAAD, the world's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) media advocacy organization, announced a preliminary list of celebrities, shows ...
|Andersonville celebrates Halloween with 'Halloween on Catalpa' Oct. 30 2021-10-15|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (October 14, 2021) — Families are in for a special treat this year as Andersonville once again hosts its socially-distanced "Halloween on Catalpa" event and celebrates the return of ...
|Rosa Escareno named interim head of Chicago Park District 2021-10-13|
- Former Chicago Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection (BACP) Commissioner Rosa Escareno has been named the interim general superintendent and CEO of the Chicago Park District. In an Oct. 13 statement, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot ...
|Black Incubator and Accelerator (BIA) program to offer support for Black-led organizations 2021-10-12|
- A new program—Black Incubator and Accelerator (BIA)—is offering funding and resources to Black-led organizations that primarily serve Black communities on the South and West Sides. BIA is new this year and run by University of Chicago ...
|TRAVEL Conde Nast again recognizes Chicago as top big city 2021-10-05|
- Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot, Choose Chicago and World Business Chicago announced Conde Nast Traveler recognized Chicago as the #1 Best Big City in the U.S. for the fifth consecutive year in a row in the results ...
|BUSINESS Black council, HRCF release first-ever 'Black in Fashion' index 2021-10-04|
- The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation and The Black in Fashion Council, an organization that promotes and advances Black representation in the fashion and beauty industry, released their inaugural Black in Fashion Index report, which measures ...
|GLAAD launches video series spotlighting Black LGBTQ+ small-business owners 2021-10-04|
- GLAAD has launched "Changemakers," a four-part video series spotlighting Black LGBTQ+ small-business owners and their impact within their local communities before and throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. The series, presented by ...
|Chicago Reader celebrates 50th anniversary 2021-09-28|
--From a press release - The Chicago Reader, a fearless, innovative, and nationally respected media voice in Chicago since 1971, is celebrating its 50th anniversary with a variety of exhibitions, events, and projects. The Chicago Reader's first issue was October 1, ...
|Latin Restaurant Weeks taking place in Chicago Oct. 4-18 2021-09-28|
- National Hispanic Heritage Month takes place Sept. 15-Oct. 15, recognizing the many contributions of Hispanic Americans. As an effort to acknowledge the successful influences and cultures of Hispanic Americans, Latin Restaurant Weeks, LLC, will host its ...
|A new street festival comes home to Andersonville 2021-09-27|
- The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce presented the new event Andersonville Homecoming on Sept. 24-26. As guests entered the area blocked off Clark Street between Catalpa and Summerdale avenues, a $10 donation fee was suggested to benefit ...