WINDY CITY TIMES
||Chuck Wolfe leaving
This article shared 2474 times since Thu Sep 11, 2014
Chuck Wolfe will step down as the head of the Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund at the end of this year, Metro Weekly reported.
In an email sent to the the Victory Campaign board, Wolfe announced his resignation after more than a decade as the president and CEO of the nonpartisan organization that has helped elect LGBT candidates across the nation.
Part of the letter read, "After nearly 12 years leading Victory, and countless Election Days, I'm both ready and excited to do something different—though I can't imagine doing something more rewarding, or working with people whom I respect and admire more."
Metropolitan Water Reclamation District Commissioner and Victory Institute board chair Debra Shore said, "Chuck helped create the Victory Institute, and he's been the driving force behind building its effectiveness and impact. Because of this, today more than 1,000 emerging LGBT leaders are trained by the Institute each year, and we've expanded beyond America's borders to address a growing need for our programs internationally."
Human Rights Campaign said in a statement, "Thanks to Chuck Wolfe's tireless leadership and advocacy during his years at the Victory Fund, LGBT people are far better represented in elected office across Americamore so than many in this community ever thought possible.
"We look forward to a continued partnership with the organization and whoever is fortunate enough to take [Victory Fund's] helm. The entire HRC family wishes Chuck the very best, and the entire LGBT community owes him our deepest gratitude."
This article shared 2474 times since Thu Sep 11, 2014
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|For International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, Biphobia HRC highlights grants 2022-05-17|
-- From a press release - WASHINGTON Today, the Human Rights Campaign (HRC), the nation's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ+) civil rights organization, is commemorating International Day Against ...
|GLSEN holds Respect Awards in New York 2022-05-17|
- On May 16, the pro-LGBTQ+ education organization GLSEN held its New York Respect Awards in Gotham Hall. At its first in-person Respect Awards in three years, the organization introduced new Executive Director Melanie Willingham-Jaggers in their ...
|NATIONAL New York synod, Danica Roem, legal action, Pride news, PFLAG 2022-05-15|
- The Metropolitan New York Synod (MNYS), the regional body of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, announced Christopher Vergara as its newly elected vice president, according to a press release. Vergara is the first openly gay ...
|Los Angeles LGBT Center mourns passing of legendary LGBT activist, leader Urvashi Vaid 2022-05-15|
-- From a press release - LOS ANGELES, May 14, 2022—"The world has lost a giant in the movement for LGBTQ freedom, justice and equality. After a valiant battle with cancer, Urvashi Vaid died today," said Los Angeles LGBT Center CEO Lorri ...
|Nat'l Association of Black and White Men Together to hold July 6-9 conference 2022-05-14|
- The National Association of Black and White Men Togetherdescribed on its website as "a gay multicultural, anti-racism organization committed to fostering supportive environments wherein racial and cultural barriers can be ...
|Report: Malta is the best European country regarding LGBTQ+ rights 2022-05-14|
- An annual report courtesy of ILGA-Europe stated that Malta remains the best country in Europe for LGBTQ+ rights, Euronews noted. The association said that Malta (which scored 92 out of a possible 100) has maintained the ...
|Highwood Pride Fest taking place June 4 2022-05-12|
- The North Shore suburb of Highwood will hold its Pride Fest on Saturday, June 4. The full day of activities starts with a "Pride Rocks" family picnic at Everts Park at noon-3 p.m., followed by the (21+ ...
|Plaque unveiled in NYC to honor headquarters of NAACP, other progressive groups 2022-05-12|
- On May 11, Village Preservation and The New School were joined by historians David Levering Lewis, Amy Aronson, Brian McGrath and Stephen Brier for the unveiling of a plaque marking 70 Fifth Ave. as the historic ...
|LGBTQ Religious Archives Network holds 'AIDS, Activism and American Christianity' webinar 2022-05-12|
- LGBTQ Religious Archives Network (LGBTQ-RAN) held an "AIDS, Activism and American Christianity: A Conversation" virtual webinar on May 5. The event focused on Christian activism during the height of the HIV/AIDS crisis in the 1980s and ...
|U.S. Senate Republicans and one Democrat block abortion-protection bill 2022-05-11|
- On May 11, the U.S. Senate failed to advance a Democrat-led bill that would enshrine broad protections for legal abortion nationwidea vote triggered by a leaked Supreme Court draft opinion that indicates Roe v. Wade will ...
|HRC calls for passage of the Women's Health Protection Act 2022-05-11|
-- From a press release - WASHINGTON - Today, the Human Rights Campaign (HRC), the nation's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ+) civil rights organization, joined a growing number of organizations calling for the ...
|Deadline for Chicago LGBT Hall of Fame nominations is May 31 2022-05-10|
- The deadline to nominate individuals, businesses, organizations, and allies to the Chicago LGBT Hall of Fame is on May 31 at midnight. Nominations may be made online at www.chicagolgbthalloffame.org/nominate. The goal is to honor people and ...
|Running squad 'Team to End AIDS' calls for participants to raise funds 2022-05-10|
-- From a press release - (Chicago, IL) Over the last 19 years, TEAM TO ENDS AIDS (T2)—the only HIV charity fundraising marathon team in the Midwest—has raised more than $13 million for HIV/AIDS awareness and direct support for those living with ...
|Center on Halsted's 'Human First' gala returns to (in-person) form 2022-05-09|
- Center on Halsted's annual "Human First" gala returned Friday, May 6, in an in-person format. The event took place at the Old Post Office, 433 W. Van Buren St. Last year, the Center hosted a virtual ...
|'LGBT Milwalkee' project earns first round of funding 2022-05-06|
-- From a press release. LGBT Milwaukee history video below - Milwaukee, WI. - Thanks to generous financial support, the LGBT MILWALKEE project has achieved its first round of fundraising goals and will launch a local walking tour app on Thursday, June 1. "To date, we've received ...