||Chicago's first-ever Festival au Cinema to take place Aug. 26-28
This article shared 1550 times since Fri Jan 7, 2022
Haven Chicago has announced its first-ever Festival au Cinema, described as "the company's new platform for visionary and innovative filmmakers and media artists staking their claim in the future of digital storytelling."
Festival au Cinema will be held Aug. 26-28 at Haven's resident home The Den Theatre, 1331 N. Milwaukee Ave. There will be two nights of screenings capped by an awards ceremony and closing-night party.
Organizers are accepting original video submissions in categories including, but not limited to, creative narrative feature and short films, screenplays, documentary, animation, experimental media and music videos through Wed., June 1, at havenchi.org/festival-au-cinema.
Haven Chicago will award creatives who deliver excellence in the following categories:
Best Picture, awarded to the overall best-in-show
Best Director, awarded to greatest achievement in directing
Best Script, awarded to greatest achievement in writing
Best Performance, awarded to greatest achievement in acting
Best Friend, awarded to audience favorite
Best Technical Art, awarded to greatest achievement in creative technical work
Tickets will go on sale June 1 at havenchi.org .
This article shared 1550 times since Fri Jan 7, 2022
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|SHOWBIZ Lil Nas X, Sam Smith, tennis items, Oscars, Queerties 2023-01-29|
- Famed children's entertainers The Wiggles sent parents into a frenzy when they posted a photo with out rapper Lil Nas X to their Instagram account and wrote, "New collab in the wind?," according to LGBTQ Nation. ...
|Director Lukas Dhont's Oscar-nominated drama gets 'Close' to audiences everywhere 2023-01-27|
- Belgian director Lukas Dhont's new French-language film Closea nominee for Best International Feature Film for the 95th Annual Academy Awardstells the touching story of two 13-year-old best friends, Leo (Eden ...
|Billy Masters: George Santos gets to be a real drag, and all the dish you need 2023-01-23|
- "If you're an enemy of drag, you're an enemy of mine." George Lopez criticizes Ron DeSantis' "War on Drag Queens." There are some stories I try to stay away from, and that includes George Santosif I ...
|SHOWBIZ 'Planet Sex,' Critics Choice Awards, Madonna, Theo James 2023-01-22|
- The show Planet Sex with Cara Delevingne will debut on Hulu on Feb. 14 (Valentine's Day), Out noted. Planet Sex is a six-episode docuseries following the model/actress. "On this immersive journey, she puts her mind and ...
|Controversial conversion therapy doc has its Chicago premiere 2023-01-18|
- Chronicle Cinema presented the celebrated and controversial documentary film Conversion in its Chicago premiere on Jan. 12. The nearly sold-out premiere, which took place at the Landmark Century Centre Cinema, also featured a red-carpet experience and ...
|SHOWBIZ Indigo Girls, LGBTQ+ films, GALECA nods, Jeremy Pope 2023-01-15|
- Indigo Girls will perform at an opening-night celebration for the Sundance Film Festival on Jan. 19 in Park City, Utah, Variety reported. The Grammy-winning lesbian folk-rock duo are debuting their new documentary, It's Only Life After All, ...
|Black LGBTQ+ film festival among Chicago NEA grant recipients 2023-01-11|
- The Black Alphabet Film Festivalthe world's oldest Black LGBTQ+-focused event of its kindwas part of the first round of grant recipients from the National Endowment of the Arts (NEA), receiving $20,000. In a press release, Black ...
|SHOWBIZ Diversity report, Dave Bautista, Leslie Jordan, greatest singers 2023-01-08|
- The USC Annenberg Inclusion Initiative's latest "Inclusion in the Director's Chair" report analyzes the gender and race/ethnicity of the directors behind last year's 100 highest-grossing movies in the country, while the San Diego State Center ...
|SHOWBIZ Best in theater, TV, film and music; Obama's favorites; 'Glass Onion' 2022-12-31|
- Deadline's Broadway critic revealed his picks for the best of 2022. Leopoldstadt topped his list, but other productions included Kimberly Akimbo, Some Like It Hot, Into the Woods, Hangmen, Ain't No Mo', A Strange Loop, Topdog/Underdog, ...
|Billy Masters: All the retrospective you'll need to show 2022 the door 2022-12-26|
- "He doesn't like gay people. Doesn't want them in Russia. And then he's got the wonderful basketball player and he won't let her out. Make up your mind! He's always acting so butch and strutting around. You know what that ...
|SHOWBIZ Janelle Monae, Harvey Guillen, Whitney Houston, 'Drag Race,' Greg Berlanti 2022-12-24|
- Janelle Monae has teased a new album, joking that they now has a "clone" for music who has been hard at work in the studio, NME noted. Monae—whose leading part as Helen Brand in the new Glass Onion: ...
|WORLD Scottish pro-trans law, Ukrainian bill, trans activist, Olympics 2022-12-24|
- On Dec. 22, Scotland's parliament approved disputed reforms that make it easier for trans people to change their legal gender, including removing the need for a medical diagnosis of gender dysphoria and lowering the minimum age ...
|SHOWBIZ Best and worst films, Broadway, Adam Lambert, 'Proud Family,' women's hockey 2022-12-18|
- IndieWire revealed its list of the best LGBTQ+ films and TV series of 2022. Just some of the selections included Benediction, Bros, Do Revenge, Fire Island, Everything Everywhere All At Once, The Inspection, Los Espookys, P-Valley, ...
|SHOWBIZ Jerrod Carmichael, 'Heartstopper,' Lena Waithe, Gyllenhaal, Cher 2022-12-11|
- Out comedian Jerrod Carmichael will host the 80th Annual Golden Globe Awards, Deadline reported. After a yearlong hiatus, the three-hour telecast will air on Tuesday, Jan. 10, 2023 from The Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills on NBC and ...
|WORLD Mexican report, Kristen Stewart, Elton John, Netanyahu 2022-12-11|
- The Human Rights Campaign Foundation (HRCF) launched the sixth annual HRC Equidad MX: Programa Global de Equidad Laboral—a survey evaluating LGBTQ+ workplace inclusion within major Mexican businesses and multinationals, a press ...