WINDY CITY TIMES
||Chicago House's Wrapture
This article shared 2336 times since Wed Dec 29, 2004
Chicago House's 'Wrapture' Varieties of Veuve Clicquot Champagne, a chocolate fountain, ice sculptures and candle lit tables adorned with red rose petals helped ring in the holiday season at the 3rd Annual Champagne Wrapture fundraiser for Chicago House, Dec. 16th in the Penthouse of Chicago's Hotel 71. The event, which sold out a week and a half ahead of time, bustled with more than 260 cheery guests, ready to bid on designs and celebrity signed bottles of Veuve Clicquot Champagne. Thirty local designers and 24 local and national celebrities, including the cast of Will & Grace, Smokey Robinson, Alanis Morisette, Jerry Springer and Gary Sinise contributed signatures and design work to create the 40 bottles of bubbly which were silent and live auctioned off to benefit Chicago House's AIDS housing services. The event raised $35,000.
Pictured Event Co-Chairs & local designers Christopher Hubbard, Tom Segal, Richar, and David Kaufman. #2 Special Events Manager Jeremy Hilborn with Champagne Wrapture Award Recipient Harlen Fleming, for his continued support of Chicago House. #3 Chicago House CEO Stan Sloan with Dr. Daniel Berger of Northstar Healthcare. Photos By Male Image Photography
This article shared 2336 times since Wed Dec 29, 2004
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|World AIDS Day events on tap 2021-11-26|
- World AIDS Day takes place every year on Dec. 1. During this yearwhich marks the 40th anniversary since HIV was officially discoveredhere are some of the events taking place (locally, regionally and nationally) on, before and ...
|EVENTS John Grumpy Co. presenting 'Black Sunday' Nov. 28 2021-11-24|
- John Grumpy Co. is hosting "Black Sunday," which will take place at HVAC Pub, 3530 N. Clark St., on Sunday, Nov. 28, 9 p.m.-2 a.m.. This event will feature celebrity DJ Jamal Smallz. "Black Sunday" will ...
|Local chefs to take part in James Beard series dinner 2021-11-23|
- Chef Cedric Harden, of the River North restaurant River Roast, will participate in the James Beard Foundation's 2021-2022 Taste America culinary series in collaboration with featured guest Chef Darnell Reed (of Luella's Southern Kitchen) o ...
|Andersonville Chamber of Commerce plans holiday shopping events supporting 100+ businesses 2021-11-22|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (November 22, 2021) - The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce (ACC) is pleased to kick-off the holiday season with a festive line-up of neighborhood events encouraging residents and visitors to "shop local" in support of the ...
|Chicago groups to mark Transgender Day of Remembrance 2021-11-11|
- To mark the annual Transgender Day of Remembrance (TDOR)—on Saturday, Nov. 20—some Chicago groups will hold events: —Brave Space Alliance (BSA)—the first Black-led, trans-led LGBTQ+ Center located on the South ...
|National AIDS Memorial to hold World AIDS Day national events Nov. 30 and Dec. 1 2021-11-10|
--From a press release - SAN FRANCISCO (Nov. 9, 2021) — On December 1, the National AIDS Memorial brings three powerful programs to the public for World AIDS Day that offer inspiration, hope, remembrance, and reflection. The programming, free to the ...
|Mayor Lightfoot, DCASE reveal more fall, holiday event details 2021-10-22|
--From a press release - CHICAGOMayor Lori E. Lightfoot and the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) today announced more details for DCASE fall and holiday traditions as Chicago's vital arts and culture scene continues to safely and fully ...
|Five Worth Finding: Harold Washington, volcanic water and more 2021-10-07|
- Mayor Harold Washington's LGBTQ+ legacy: The LGBTQ legacy of late Chicago Mayor Harold Washington (1922-1987) will be discussed as part of a series of events marking his 100th birthday in 2022. This free LGBTQ event will ...
|Filmmakers Bennett Singer, Patrick Sammon talk new documentary Cured 2021-10-07|
- Producer-directors Bennett Singer and Patrick Sammon have created a new LGBTQ documentary: Cured. The film tells the story of the LGBTQ activists, allies and events surrounding the American Psychiatric Association's ...
|Chicago Reader celebrates 50th anniversary 2021-09-28|
--From a press release - The Chicago Reader, a fearless, innovative, and nationally respected media voice in Chicago since 1971, is celebrating its 50th anniversary with a variety of exhibitions, events, and projects. The Chicago Reader's first issue was October 1, ...
|Defend Abortion Access marches/rallies planned across Illinois Oct. 2 2021-09-27|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — A coalition of more than 20 progressive organizations, supporters, and providers of reproductive health care are holding "Defend Abortion Access" events across Illinois on Saturday, October 2, in response to the Texas abortion ban ...
|Chicago's holiday cultural and arts events to reopen for in-person 2021-09-23|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot and the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) today announced DCASE fall and holiday programming as Chicago's vital arts scene continues to safely and fully reopen. In-person holiday ...
|NATIONAL Carl Bean dies, LGBT History Month, military events, Dykes on Bikes 2021-09-19|
- Archbishop Carl Beanan openly gay former Motown singer, longtime AIDS activist and leader in the LGBTQ church movementdied at age 77, The New York Daily News reported. In a statement entitled "The Giant Sleeps," the Unity ...
|United Center to require COVID-19 vaccination or negative test to attend all events 2021-09-02|
--From a press release - The United Center will require all event attendees, including fans at Chicago Bulls and Chicago Blackhawks games, to present proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test to gain access to the arena. The decision ...
|Mayor Harold Washington centennial event looks at his LGBTQ+ legacy 2021-08-31|
--From a press release - CHICAGO—The LGBTQ legacy of late Chicago Mayor Harold Washington (1922-1987) will be discussed as part of a series of events marking his 100th birthday in 2022. This free LGBTQ event will be Wed., Oct. 13, 6-8 ...