WINDY CITY TIMES
||Chicago Black Dance Legacy Project to present dance concert 'Sans Pareil'
--From a press release
This article shared 1235 times since Tue Mar 14, 2023
Deeply Rooted Dance Theater joins the Chicago Black Dance Legacy Project again to take the stage in a dance concert entitled Sans PareilFrench for "unparalleled," a nod to the Haitian lineage of Chicago's founder, Jean-Baptiste Pointe DuSable.
Launched in 2019, Chicago Black Dance Legacy Project was created to celebrate and strengthen Black dance in Chicago and beyond. The CBDLP'S recently announced cohort includes Deeply Rooted Dance Theater and five other returning companies - Chicago Multi-Cultural Dance Center & Hiplet Ballerinas, Forward Momentum Chicago, Joel Hall Dancers & Center, Najwa Dance Corps, and Muntu Dance Theatre - as well as four new additions: M.A.D.D. Rhythms, Move Me Soul, Praize Productions, and The Era Footwork Collective.
Saturday, March 25
Company Performances at 7 p.m.
Sunday, March 26
Youth Show at 2 PM
Company Performances at 6 p.m.
Reva and David Logan Center for the Arts
915 East 60th Street
$25 General | $10 Students and Seniors (62+)
This article shared 1235 times since Tue Mar 14, 2023
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|SHOWBIZ Little Richard, Indigo Girls, Rodriguez's honor, dance film, Pedro Pascal 2023-03-10|
Video below - Produced by Bungalow Media + Entertainment for CNN Films and HBO Max, in association with Rolling Stone Films, director Lisa Cortes' Sundance opening-night documentary Little Richard: I Am Everything will debut in theaters and on VOD ...
|Keep on Trockin': Ballet Trockadero dances through Chicago Feb. 11 2023-02-10|
- Keep on Trockin': Ballet Trockadero dances through Chicago Feb. 11 By Matt Simonette Performer Duane Gosa admits that going to the ballet can sometimes be intimidating for some audience. But he is quick to reassure that ...
|CGMC to re-create music videos in drag with 'Lipstick & Lyrics: On MTV' 2023-02-10|
--From a press release - CHICAGOChicago Gay Men's Chorus presents their annual live-singing drag show, Lipstick & Lyrics. This year's theme: On MTV. Come enjoy CGMC's drag performers as they recreate epic music videos. With dancers, costumes and sass, these live ...
|ELECTIONS 2023: 48th Ward candidate Leni Manaa-Hoppenworth on why running, biggest differences from other challengers 2023-01-31|
- A lifelong Chicagoan, Leni Manaa-Hoppeworth is running to become the next 48th Ward Alderperson. She is currently a small business owner (Chicago Dance Supply, 5301 N. Clark St., for the past 20 years) in the ward ...
|Baton Show Lounge unveils new male burlesque 2022-11-23|
- On the evening of Nov. 17, Baton Show Lounge, 4713 N. Broadway, presented Burlesque Royale, a new male review featuring local and national talent. Produced by noted photographer Ramsey Prince, the sold-out show featured vocalists Danika ...
|DANCE Deeply Rooted performing Nov. 5 at Auditorium Theatre 2022-10-11|
- The Auditorium Theatre, 50 E. Ida B. Wells Dr., will present Deeply Rooted Dance Theatera Chicago-based African-American contemporary dance companyin a one-night-only performance Saturday, Nov. 5, at 7:30 p.m. as ...
|AT&T celebrates National Coming Out Day (early) with performances, panel 2022-10-10|
- AT&Tin partnership with Center on Halsted and with the participation of do312.comheld "Turn Up the Love," a pre-celebration for National Coming Out Day that took place Oct. 8 at its flagship store at 600 N. Michigan ...
|DANCE Joffrey celebrates return of 'The Nutcracker' on Dec. 3-27 2022-10-06|
- This holiday season, The Joffrey Ballet celebrates the return of Tony-winning choreographer Christopher Wheeldon's production of The Nutcracker. Set in Chicago's World Fair in 1893, The Nutcracker will be presented at the Lyric Opera House, 20 ...
|DANCE Cerqua Rivera kickoff/benefit on Oct. 22 2022-09-30|
- Cerqua Rivera Dance Theatre (CRDT) will hold its season kickoff/benefit on Saturday, Oct. 22, at the Reva and David Logan Center for the Arts, 915 E. 60th St., at 7:30 p.m. CRDT's Dance Ensemble and Jazz ...
|Howard Brown Health partners with Chicago Dancers United 2022-09-27|
-- From a press release - Howard Brown Health and Chicago Dancers United (CDU) have announced a partnership to improve healthcare outcomes for local dance community members. Through the partnership, Howard Brown will be the go-to ...
|Joffrey Ballet welcomes nine new dancers 2022-09-27|
- The Joffrey Ballet's Ashley Wheater MBE, The Mary B. Galvin Artistic Director and President/CEO Greg Cameron announced the addition of nine dancers to the Joffrey roster for the 2022-23 season. They are Coco Alvarez-Mena (Miami, Florida), ...
|TV 'Dancing with the Stars' has first drag contestant 2022-09-08|
- The show Dancing with the Stars is recording a couple of firsts in its 31st seasonincluding its first-ever drag queen competitor. Actor and Performer D.J. "Shangela" Piercethe first contestant to compete on three separate seasons of ...
|DANCE Rogers Park group Synapse Arts to hold Sept. 17 fundraiser 2022-09-06|
- On Saturday, Sept. 17, there will be another “Crosswalk Dance” from the Rogers Park company Synapse Arts as well as another Jarvis Square Artisan Market and the celebration of National Dance Day. ...
|Chicago Dancers United raises $300K at 'Dance for Life' 2022-09-06|
- Chicago Dancers United (CDU), which supports the health and wellness of Chicago's professional dance community, welcomed more than 1,700 people to the 31st annual Dance for Life on Aug. 13 at the Auditorium Theatre, followed by ...
|DANCE Ensemble Espanol at Auditorium Theatre on Oct. 1 2022-09-05|
- The Auditorium Theatre, 50 E. Ida B. Wells Dr., will kick off the 2022-23 season of its Chicago Dance series with Ensemble Espanol Spanish Dance Theater, for one performance only, on Saturday, Oct. 1 at 7:30 ...
|WORLD German bishops, trans woman's death, Hungary, human-rights event|
|SHOWBIZ 'Black Adam,' Cyndi Lauper, Sondheim, Oscars, OutFest|
|NATIONAL Ritchie Torres, N.J. towns, Karine Jean-Pierre, Tennessee items|
|Navratilova says she is cancer-free|
|UpRising Bakery and Cafe could soon close due to revenue losses, ongoing anti-LGBTQ+ harassment|