WINDY CITY TIMES
||Chelsea Clinton Book Signing at Women & Children First
This article shared 875 times since Thu Sep 6, 2018
Women & Children First will welcome Chelsea Clinton for an in-store book signing in celebration of her new kids' book, START NOW! You Can Make a Difference. The signing-only event will be held Oct 21, 2018 at 1 p.m.
ABOUT THE BOOK
What can I do to help save endangered animals? How can I eat more healthfully? Why do I need to cover my mouth when I cough? What do I do if I'm being bullied? With information on problems both large and small, Chelsea Clinton breaks down the concepts of health, hunger, climate change, endangered species, and bullying so that readers can understand the world around them, as well as how they can make a difference in their own lives, their communities, and the world at large. With comic drawings to illustrate Clinton's words, photographs of real kids who are making a difference today, and lists of ways to get involved, this book is the perfect introduction for young activists ( age 7 and up ) who want to make the world a better place.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Chelsea Clinton is the author of the #1 New York Times- bestselling picture book "She Persisted: 13 American Women Who Changed the World," which was praised in a starred review by Publishers Weekly as "a lovely, moving work of children's literature [and a] polished introduction to a diverse and accomplished group of women." She is also the author of the New York Times-bestselling "Its Your World: Get Informed, Get Inspired & Get Going!" and, with Devi Sridhar, "Governing Global Health: Who Runs the World and Why?" Chelsea Clinton is the vice chair of the Clinton Foundation, where she works on many initiatives, including those that help to empower the next generation of leaders. She lives in New York City with her husband, Marc; their daughter, Charlotte; their son, Aidan; and their dog, Soren.
ABOUT THE EVENT
This event consists of a book signing only. Customers receive one signing line ticket with the purchase of START NOW! One ticket admits up to four family members. In addition to the copy of START NOW! that accompanies the ticket, Chelsea will sign any other books she's written that are purchased from W&CF on the day of the event. She will not sign memorabilia or books brought from home or written by other authors.
Tickets are non-refundable. If you purchase a ticket and are unable to attend, you'll have 30 days after the event to pick up your copy of START NOW! Proof of ticket purchase required.
Learn more about the event and buy tickets chelseaclintonchicago.brownpapertickets.com/ .
—From a press release
This article shared 875 times since Thu Sep 6, 2018
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|BOOKS Twelfth (and final) 'Boystown' cover revealed 2021-10-17|
- Boystown author Jake Biondi has revealed the cover of the twelfth book of his serieswhile simultaneously sharing that the next installment will be the final one. Boystown: Season Twelve: The Final Season will be released in ...
|BOOK REVIEW Activist Peter Staley's Memoir 'Never Silent' is a real-life thriller 2021-10-13|
--From marksking.com - "Attention must be paid to such a man." — Arthur Miller Peter Staley's much-anticipated new memoir, Never Silent, opens with almost unbearable nail-biting suspense, sweeping us into the behind-the-scenes machinations of an ACT UP takeover of ...
|Achy Obejas' bilingual poetry book Boomerang/Bumeran explores immigration, liberation 2021-10-11|
By Max Lubbers - Achy Obejas is a Cuban-American writer, translator and activist. Boomerang/Bumerán, her newest book, confronts questions of immigration, love and liberation. Like a boomerang, these ideas return throughout the collection, even ...
|NATIONAL Victory Institute, LGBTQ books, youth items, NASA, LGBTQ Nation 2021-10-10|
- LGBTQ Victory Institute and nine additional candidate-training organizations announced a partnership with Snap Inc., the parent company of Snapchat, to provide a native-to-mobile tool to encourage young people to run for office, a press release noted. ...
|Book about musician Tori Amos' works coming out 2021-10-07|
- The book Tori Amos: every album, every songby rock journalist Lisa Toremwill be out in the United States on Friday, Oct. 29, courtesy of Sonic Bond Publishing. In 1992, Amosan acclaimed singer, pianist and composerachieved fame ...
|THEATER REVIEW Thirteen Days 2021-09-29|
- Thirteen Days. adapted by Brian Pastor from the book by Robert F. Kennedy At: City Lit Theatre at Edgewater Presbyterian Church, 1030 West Bryn Mawr Ave., Tickets: $27-$32. Runs through: Oct. 24 Palace Intrigue has been ...
|Lambda Literary to expand LGBTQ Writers in Schools Program in New York City schools 2021-09-27|
--From a press release - New York, NY — Today, Lambda Literary announced that New York City has quadrupled its investment in the organization's LGBTQ Writers in Schools program, increasing funding from $100,000 to $400,000 to reach 10,000 students and provide ...
|Equality Illinois CEO Brian C. Johnson on new book, 'Our Fair Share' 2021-09-22|
- In Equality Illinois CEO Brian C. Johnson's new book, Our Fair Share: How One Small Change Can Create a More Equitable American Economy, he posits that receiving a Citizen Dividend will help all U.S. residents achieve ...
|BOOKS 'Mission Possible' released before 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' anniversary 2021-09-20|
- C. Dixon Osburn, co-founder and former CEO of the Servicmembers Legal Defense Network (SLDN), has written Mission Possible: The Story of the Repealing 'Don't Ask Don't Tell. This is the inside story of SLDN, which was ...
|Women & Children First hosting virtual event with Anita Hill on Sept. 29 2021-09-11|
- Anita Hillthe University Professor of Social Policy, Law, and Women's and Gender Studies at Brandeis University who played a major role in the 1991 Senate confirmation hearings for U.S. Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomaswill be part ...
|Chicago Literary Hall of Fame announces 2021 class of new inductees 2021-08-18|
--From a press release - Chicago, August 17, 2021 — The Chicago Literary Hall of Fame (CLHOF) announced that its 2021 Class of Inductees will include Frank London Brown, Jeanette Howard Foster, Carlos Cortez, and Gene Wolfe. The inductees will be ...
|Chicago-area author releases book about gay, autistic African-American 2021-08-18|
- PenPower Book Marketing Services and Chicago-area author Jaire Sims have released his debut young adult novel, Getting By, which was named a finalist in the African American (Fiction) category in the 2021 Next Generation Indie Book ...
|Printers Row Lit Fest returns to Chicago Sept. 11-12 2021-08-12|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (August 12, 2021) Printers Row Lit Fest, the largest free outdoor literary showcase in the Midwest, returns for its 36th year with 100% free programming for book lovers the weekend after Labor Day, Saturday, Sept. ...
|THEATER REVIEW Rent 2021-08-10|
- Playwright: book, music and lyrics by Jonathan Larson At: Possibilities Theatre Company at NorthCenter Town Square, 4100 N. Damen Ave. Tickets: suggested donation $20; https://www.eventcombo.com/e/rent-43212 or ...
|Equality Illinois' new deputy director talks goals, position and books 2021-08-01|
- On July 15, Mony Ruiz-Velasco officially started in the new position of Equality Illinois' deputy director. Ruiz-Velasco is an experienced attorney who has worked for immigrants rights for many years, and has even been the legal ...