WINDY CITY TIMES
||Ceremony honors interior designers
This article shared 4674 times since Wed Sep 23, 2015
On Sept. 18, the American Society of Interior Designers-Illinois Chapter ( ASID-IL ) announced the winners of the 2015 Design Excellence Awards during an event hosted in The Ivy Room at The Tree Studios.
The Celebration of Design Gala marked the 12th anniversary of the Design Excellence Awards competition, which recognizes the best in contract and residential interior design in Illinois.
The submissions were anonymously reviewed by a distinguished panel of judges, including the ASID Colorado Chapter and Indiana Chapter, which evaluated the contract, industry partner and product design categories. The Wisconsin Chapter and California Peninsula judged the residential work.
Some of the winners included Hartshome Plunkard Architecture, Frank Ponterio Interior Design, Sweet Pea Design and Fun Finders.
Photos by Megan Bearder Photography
This article shared 4674 times since Wed Sep 23, 2015
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Mayor Lightfoot, DCASE, dance community designate 2022 the "Year of Chicago Dance" 2022-01-21|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO—In deep partnership with the local dance community, Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot and Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) Commissioner Erin Harkey have designated 2022 as the "Year ...
|PASSAGES Pansy Kings performance artist, education advocate Murray McKay 2022-01-20|
- Pansy Kings performance artist, education advocate, curator, designer and LGBTQ activist Edward Murray McKay died Jan. 4 of cancer. He was 53. McKay was born Oct. 2, 1968, in Brussels, Belgium. The family moved to Toronto ...
|PASSAGES Designer Virgil Abloh dies at 41 2021-11-29|
- Designer Virgil Ablohthe first Black artistic director of Louis Vuitton's menswear collection and the founder of the Off-White labeldied at the age of 41 after privately battling "a rare, aggressive form of cancer, cardiac angiosarcoma," a ...
|Legendary costume designer accused of sexual harassment, abuse 2021-11-20|
- Legendary costume designer and six-time Tony winner William Ivey Longa onetime head of the American Theatre Wing, which gives out the Tony Awardshas been accused of sexual harassment and abuse by two different men, according to ...
|Actress Angelica Ross transfers leadership of trans talent incubator to E.C. Pizarro III 2021-11-04|
- In 2017, E.C. Pizarro III listened as Angelica Ross presented about TransTech Social Enterprises, an incubator to build and promote transgender talent in technology fields. He approached her afterward, volunteering to design artwork for TransTech. Now, ...
|Steppenwolf opens Liz and Eric Lefkofsky Arts and Education Center 2021-11-04|
- On Nov. 2, Steppenwolf Theatre Company opened its new 50,000-square-foot theater building and education facility, the Liz and Eric Lefkofsky Arts and Education Center. Designed by architect Gordon Gill FAIA of Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill ...
|Sally Ride to be among women on U.S. coins next year 2021-10-09|
- The United States Mint announced the official designs for the first five coins in the American Women Quarters Program. The 2022 coins will recognize the achievements of author/social activist Maya Angelou; physicist/astronaut Dr. Sally Ride, a ...
|Chicago Inclusion Project offers anti-racism workshops for arts organizations 2021-10-05|
--From a press release - Chicago, IL—The staff of The Chicago Inclusion Project is excited to launch a new workshop and continuum developed by staff members Jessica Vann and Arti Ishak. The workshop, entitled "Being Anti-Racist: An Active Action," is designed ...
|ARCHITECTURE Thompson Center Idea Competition winners named 2021-09-14|
- The Chicago Architecture Center and the Chicago Architectural Club announced the jury's selection of three winning designs for the Thompson Center Design Ideas Competition that represent three distinct, creative visions for the State of Illinois Thomp ...
|Helmut Jahn architecture exhibit has opened 2021-07-24|
- The Chicago Architecture Center (CAC), 111 E. Wacker Dr., has opened its first, major limited-run exhibit, "Helmut Jahn: Life + Architecture," the career retrospective of Helmut Jahn's innovative architectural designs. ...
|LGBT Chamber of Commerce of Illinois announces 'Shop Pride' program, showcasing LGBTQ+ business 2021-07-15|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — The LGBT Chamber of Commerce of Illinois (LGBTCC), today announced the official launch of the Shop Pride program designed to encourage Illinois residents to support ...
|NATIONAL Pulse, Philly Pride, Mormons, Victory Fund, anti-trans bills 2021-06-27|
- President Joe Biden (D) signed H.R. 49, the bill designating the site of the 2016 Pulse Nightclub shooting in Orlando, Florida as a national monument, into law, according to LGBTQ Nation. Afterward, Biden commemorated Pride Month ...
|U.S. Bank opens branch in Lake View with LGBTQ+ design
- U.S. Bank has brought what it calls "an enhanced banking experience" to customers of the Lake View East branch at 3214 N. Broadway. The branch is one of four LGBTQ+ flagship branches, with others at West ...
|Biden, Harris make Juneteenth a national holiday
- On June 17, President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris signed a bill designating June 19 as officially Juneteenth National Independence Daya U.S. federal holiday commemorating the end of slavery in this country. With the ...
|Congress makes Pulse Nightclub a national memorial 2021-06-12|
- The U.S. Senate unanimously passed legislation designating the site of the Pulse Nightclub a national memorial, NBC News reported. The House passed its version of the bill May 12. The measure now goes to President Joe ...