WINDY CITY TIMES
||CTA proposes reduced fare changes
This article shared 795 times since Fri Oct 22, 2021
During a time when the prices of just about everything seems to increase, the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) is proposing the opposite, according to The Chicago Sun-Times.
The CTA has proposed slashing some fares to boost ridership, which has taken a hit during the pandemic.
Although the base fares$2.25 for the bus and $2.50 for the trainwould remain the same, riders would no longer have to pay the 25-cent transfer fee. Under the proposed plan, a fare would allow for two free transfers within two hours to buses or trains.
The proposed 2022 budget also calls for the long-term adoption of what has been a promotional pricing plan that offered a CTA 1-Day Pass at $5 (lowered from $10), a CTA 3-Day Pass at $15 (lowered from $20) and a CTA 7-Day Pass at $20 (lowered from $28). The CTA/Pace 7-Day Pass price would also be priced at $25 (lowered from $33).
The full article is at chicago.suntimes.com/2021/10/21/22739026/cta-proposes-reduced-fares-2022-budget-effort-boost-ridership .
This article shared 795 times since Fri Oct 22, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Oak Park-River Forest Chamber of Commerce elects first Black LGBTQ president in organization's history 2021-11-24|
- In November, the Oak Park-River Forest Chamber of Commerce elected Darien Marion-Burton to serve as the organization's first Black LGBTQ president. Marion-Burton will begin his role in January 2022 and said he's excited to bring a ...
|DuPage Democrat employee resigns after Wisconsin parade posts 2021-11-23|
- Mary Lemanski resigned from her role as social-media manager of the Democratic Party of DuPage County after being criticized for insensitive tweets she made about the parade tragedy in Waukesha, Wisconsin, according to NCTV17.com. In now-deleted ...
|WORLD HIV case, Ireland items, Kim Petras, actress' illness 2021-11-21|
- A woman in Argentina has become only the second documented person whose own immune system may have cured her of HIV, NBC News noted. Researchers have dubbed the 30-year-old mother, who was first diagnosed with HIV ...
|NATIONAL N.Y. governor, GLSEN report, flower shop, political items 2021-11-21|
- New York Gov. Kathy Hochul signed a pair of LGBTQ-related bills aimed at protecting sex-trafficking survivors as well as requiring utility and telephone companies to respect customers' preferred pronouns, The New York Post reported. One of ...
|DNC makes statement on Transgender Day of Remembrance 2021-11-20|
--From a Democratic National Committee press release - DNC Chair Jaime Harrison and DNC LGBTQ Caucus Chair Earl Fowlkes released the following statement to commemorate Transgender Day of Remembrance (Nov. 20): "This Transgender Day of Remembrance, we honor the lives lost due to anti-trans ...
|Rainbow Railroad plans 'When I Am Free' benefit concert to get LGBTQI+s to safety 2021-11-20|
--From a press release. Videos below - Chicago, IL (November 12, 2021) - The annual Chicago 5 Lives Fundraiser hosted by Rainbow Railroad is proud to return this year with "When I Am Free", a benefit concert offering attendees a premier evening of ...
|COVID U.S. opens boosters for all adults 2021-11-20|
- On Nov. 19, the United States, through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), allowed COVID-19 booster shots for all adults and took the extra step of urging people 50 and older to seek one, ...
|Four LGBTQ leaders to be inducted into LGBTQ Victory Hall of Fame 2021-11-20|
--From a press release - Washington, DC — LGBTQ Victory Institute announced it will induct four political leaders into the 2021 class of the LGBTQ Victory Hall of Fame, which honors the LGBTQ elected officials, appointed officials and candidates who made ...
|HHS acts to prevent discrimination, strengthen civil rights 2021-11-19|
--From a press release - Washington D.C. — Today, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) through the Administration for Children and Families (ACF) and Office for Civil Rights (OCR), announced actions to further ...
|IL General Assembly LGBTQ Caucus condemns Proud Boys led censorship in Downers Grove 2021-11-19|
--From a press release - CHICAGO - The five openly LGBTQ members of the Illinois General Assembly today call on Downers Grove District 99 to protect LGBTQ youth in their community from hate and censorship by immediately rejecting calls to censor ...
|Bishops approve paper that falls short of denying Communion to pro-choice Biden 2021-11-18|
--From a press release - On Nov. 17, the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops voted overwhelmingly to approve a document that fell short of refusing Holy Communion to President Joe Biden or others who support abortion rights—something conservatives in the Church ...
|LGBTQ+ equality in nine Illinois municipalities detailed in Human Rights Campaign Index 2021-11-18|
--From a press release - WASHINGTON Today, the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation, the educational arm of the nation's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ+) civil rights organization, in partnership with The ...
|Lightfoot makes personnel announcements 2021-11-17|
- On Nov. 16, Chicago announced that Andrea Kersten is the new chief administrator of the Civilian Office of Police Accountability (COPA). She also announced that Erin Harkey is the new commissioner of the Department of Cultural ...
|Lightfoot signs order helping those returning from incarceration 2021-11-17|
- Chicago Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot, alongside Ald. Walter Burnett and community leaders, signed an executive order to create a first-of-its-kind Interagency Reentry Council, a press release noted. This newly established ...
|184 LGBTQ candidates won elected office in 2021; trans, cisg women best win/loss records 2021-11-17|
--From a press release - Washington, DC — At least 184 out LGBTQ candidates won elected office throughout 2021, more than in any other odd-numbered election year in U.S. history. The previous record was 169 candidates set in 2019. Transgender women ...