WINDY CITY TIMES
||COVID-19 UChicago Medical Center recruiting for vaccine clinical trial
This article shared 661 times since Mon Nov 2, 2020
The University of Chicago (UChicago) Medical Center will be a testing site for the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson's Phase 3 clinical research study, ENSEMBLE trial, to evaluate the safety and efficacy of the Janssen's investigational COVID-19 vaccine candidate, JNJ-78436735, also known as Ad26.COV2.S.
The Phase 3 randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial is designed to evaluate the safety and efficacy of a single vaccine dose of the Janssen COVID-19 vaccine candidate versus placebo, in approximately 60,000 adults 18 years old and older, including significant representation from those that are older than 60.
The trial will include those both with and without co-morbidities associated with an increased risk for progression to severe COVID-19.
UChicago Medicine will enroll up to 2,000 adults ages 18 and older from within the Chicago community.
To support the recruitment process, Janssen has developed the ENSEMBLE Study website ENSEMBLEStudy.com where people interested in volunteering for the study can register.
This article shared 661 times since Mon Nov 2, 2020
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|COVID-19 Queer-led FamilyQ helps distribute masks
- FamilyQ is an LGBTQ-led volunteer effort to support nonprofit organizations and social-justice groups by donating more than 100,000 disposable face masks. Proceeds help provide resources to overlooked and underresourced communities. ...
|11th Circuit Court rules on conversion therapy protections, groups respond 2020-11-20|
--From a press release - ATLANTA, GA — Today, in a split decision, a three-judge panel of the Eleventh Circuit issued a decision today striking down local laws in Boca Raton and Palm Beach County, Florida protecting minors from undergoing conversion ...
|PPIL extends Gender Affirming Hormone Therapy program statewide 2020-11-18|
- During this year's Transgender Awareness Week (which culminates with the Transgender Day of Remembrance on Nov. 20), Planned Parenthood of Illinois (PPIL) is highlighting its Gender Affirming Hormone Therapy (GAHT) ...
|New guide out for educators, parents advocating for LGBTQ students with disabilities 2020-11-17|
--From a press release - SAN FRANCISCO, CA — Today, the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation released a new resource to help both parents and educators advocate on behalf of LGBTQ students with disabilities. NCLR partnered with HRC Foundation, the National ...
|COVID-19 Pritzker institutes Tier Three mitigations starting Nov. 20
- With a new wave of COVID-19 surging across Illinois, the Midwest and the nation, Gov. JB Pritzker and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) announced, on Nov. 17, additional COVID-19 resurgence mitigations will take effect ...
|City of Chicago issues Stay at Home Advisory
- In response to rising COVID-19 cases, Chicago residents have been advised to remain at home beginning Monday, Nov.16, 2020 and to cancel plans to entertain on Thanksgiving. Exceptions to the new Stay at Home Advisory are ...
|CVS Health offering free, rapid COVID-19 testing on South Side 2020-11-11|
--From a press release - CHICAGO, Ill., November 10, 2020 Together with the New Spiritual Light Missionary Baptist Church and Peer Plus Education and Training Advocates, CVS Health is launching rapid COVID-19 testing at the Chicago Baptist Institute. CVS pharmacists ...
|Healthcare for tens of millions, including LGBT elders, at stake in Supreme Court hearing 2020-11-10|
--From a SAGE press release - Today, the Supreme Court hears yet another case challenging the Affordable Care Act (ACA). This challenge takes up whether eliminating the penalty for not having health insurance makes the individual ...
|Number of COVID-19 cases among Cook County Circuit Court employees updated 2020-11-09|
- The Office of the Chief Judge has announced that four employees and two judges have tested positive for COVID-19. One judge works at the Leighton Criminal Courthouse, while the other judge works in the Cook County ...
|Gov. Pritzker and staff test negative for COVID-19 2020-11-07|
--From a press release - Chicago Governor Pritzker and staff who attended the meeting Monday where they were exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19 have tested negative. The PCR tests were conducted Friday afternoon. This is the second ...
|Flu shots, mental health, well-being, COVID resources part of Andersonville Cares 2020-11-06|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce (ACC) is expanding its ongoing "Andersonville Cares" initiative to help keep businesses and residents safe throughout the fall and winter months. Neighborhood resources ...
|COVID-19 More Cook County Court chief judge's office employees test positive
- The Office of the Chief Judge announced that four employees have tested positive for COVID-19. Two employees work for the Adult Probation Department at the Criminal Court Administration Building. The third employee works for the Social ...
|NATIONAL Texas board, intersex portfolio, hate crimes, beauty queen dies
- A Texas regulatory board reinstated protections that bar social workers from refusing services to LGBTQ people and people with disabilities, NBC News reported. The Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council, or BHEC, on Tuesday unanimously reversed an ...
|Mayor Lightfoot announces election day safety plan 2020-10-30|
--From a press release - CHICAGO— Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot today joined the Office of Emergency Management and Communications (OEMC), Chicago Police Department (CPD), Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) and the Department of Business ...
|LGBT HISTORY: The Intersection Of LGBTQ History And Disability 2020-10-29|
- Disabled people have long been hidden from history, and unsurprisingly, disabled LGBTQ historical figures too have been hidden. The LGBTQ community itself has been slow to address disability as an issue, yet some of the most ...