||BEING CONTINUED: LUCKY
by AK Miller
This article shared 2206 times since Wed Mar 5, 2014
Chris stumbled down Halsted while picking stickers off of his shirt and pulling beads from around his neck, littering them with disgust onto the wet street. He wasn't sure where he was going. His day had been a disaster. A second date on St. Patrick's Day was not the best idea, but seemed like fun at the time. It was Lawrence's idea to spend the day with his friends, doing the whole Chicago lineup of festivities, beginning with drinking by the river at 9 am to watch it get dyed green. It was freezing and no amount of Jameson could fix that; they tried. Lawrence's friends were nice enough and the day started out alright. The guys huddled together and got to know each other a bit better and even snuck in a few kisses here and there. Chris was starting to really like him. The next activity was the parade. That's when things started to turn weird. They met up with a bunch more people that Chris didn't know and competition for attention was tough. Chris spent most of the parade being bumped around and ignored, but he decided that it was the price of seeing a popular guy and he shouldn't seem needy. Chris thought maybe Lawrence was just checking out how he did on his own, so he tried. By the time they got to brunch, it was apparent that everyone was planning to get really toasted and were well on their way. Some food helped, but Chris didn't sit next to Lawrence, which he thought was odd. Someone sat next to Lawrence and he didn't say anything. Weird and rude. So Chris made friends with some girls who were fun, but it was not the same. They said he deserved better. Brunch was also when this hot guy from Boston arrived and everyone was going apeshit for him, even though he wasn't Irish, just from Boston, which isn't the same. It was just past 3 pm when everyone got to Boystown and began to bar crawl. They joined countless other bar crawls that began to join together to form a giant wave of drunken green-clad gayness, tearing through whatever came in its way. That's when things got ugly. In the bathroom of Roscoe's ( How'd they get to Roscoe's again? ) Lawrence suggested that they try to take home the Bostonian. Seeing how they hadn't slept together yet, the idea didn't fly with Chris and he chased the sting away with three shots with straight girls, now in their bras, one who may be moving it with him. Leading up to where Chris is now. Stumbling toward nothing or anything, a little mad and a little grateful that maybe the man of his dreams started making out with a guy from Jamaica Plains in front of him and that dude looked like he pissed green beer all over himself. Sometimes it takes weeks to see true colors. Chris wasn't sure what was next, but that, for sure, was over.
This article shared 2206 times since Wed Mar 5, 2014
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|ONYX Midwest forum tackles racist performance at Touche's anniversary party 2023-01-22|
- In a response to the racist performance that took place at the leather, fetish and bear-focused Touche Chicago's 45th anniversary celebration on Nov. 1, 2022, ONYX Midwest hosted a community forum Jan. 21 at The Leather ...
|Touche Chicago's 45th-anniversary celebration marred by racist performance 2022-11-03|
- Racist performance mires Touche Chicago's 45th anniversary celebration By Carrie Maxwell On Nov. 1, the leather, fetish and bear-focused Touche Chicago celebrated its 45th anniversary with a feature performance by ...
|Howard Brown Health's Big Orange Ball has 'Saturday Night Fever' theme 2022-10-27|
- Howard Brown Health's Big Orange Ball was back in-person at Park West on Oct. 22this time with a big (not orange) disco ball. About 300 people brought their Halloween spirit to the event, dressed in costumes ...
|'Martinis That Matter' to honor former TPAN CEO Jeff Berry on Oct. 30 2022-10-19|
- Marty's Martini Bar, 1511 W. Balmoral Ave., presents "Martinis That Matter," a community giving-back program that funds community groups, charities and organizations. Profits from the sales during these events go to the organizations hosting. On Sunda ...
|'Barlesque' launches at Sidetrack 2022-09-03|
- On Sept. 1 at Northalsted/Boystown nightspot Sidetrack, Barlesque kicked off. Nightlife figure Khloe Daniels hosted, introducing this year's bars, performers and choreographers. Barlesque brings Chicago nightlife superstars, local bars and ...
|TPAN bringing back 'Barlesque' starting Sept. 1 2022-08-25|
- Barlesque is back. On Thursday, Sept. 1, at 7 p.m. at Northalsted/Boystown nightspot Sidetrack, 3349 N. Halsted St., Barlesque will kick off. Nightlife figure Khloe Daniels will host introduce this year's bars, performers and choreographers. Attendanc ...
|Touche holds fundraiser for Windy City Times 2022-07-12|
- Leather bar Touche, 6412 N. Clark St., held its regular Friday fundraiser on July 8—and the fortunate recipient this time was Windy City Times. Approximately $200 were raised during this benefit raffle. Touche has been a ...
|Pride Journey: Iceland 2022-03-21|
- The only way to describe Iceland is ... magical. It truly is. Iceland is like no other place I've visited in the world. It's topography, climate, people, culture, history, and nightlife blended together make Iceland a ...
|PASSAGES Jeffrey Wayne ("Jef") Morgan 2022-01-11|
- Jeffrey Wayne "Jef" Morgan, of Chicago's West Rogers Park neighborhood, passed away unexpectedly from a heart attack while shoveling snow on Jan. 2. He was 58. Jef was the well-loved manager at Little Jim's on ...
|'Andersonville Homecoming' Sept. 24-26; line-up, vendors, safety protocols announced 2021-09-15|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (Sept. 15, 2021) The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce (ACC) is pleased to announce the full entertainment line-up and vendors for Andersonville Homecoming--a three-night, two-day outdoor festival featuring ...
|Next OUTspoken show Sept. 7 2021-08-24|
- An OUTspoken Storytelling Night taking place Tuesday, Sept. 7, will offer tales told by six people who will relate their stories of fun and fortune from a LGBTQ+ perspective. The entertainment will start at 7 p.m. ...
|Taste of River North cancelled 2021-07-29|
- On July 29, the River North Residents Association, along with theMART and Duff Entertainment, announced the cancellation of the 2021 edition of Taste of River North. The event was slated to take place Aug. 20-21 at ...
|OUTspoken storytelling to host six takes from LGBTQ+ perspective 2021-07-26|
--From a press release - The month of August is hot - but OUTspoken at the Sidetrack will be even hotter on Aug. 3 when six storytellers will tell tales of fun and fortune from a LGBTQ+ perspective! The program will start at 7:00 pm at ...
|LGBTQIA+ tavern to open in Uptown this fall 2021-07-14|
- 2Bears Tavern Groupwhich owns and operates Andersonville's The SoFo Tap and Meeting House Tavern as well as Rogers Park's Jackhammeris opening 2Bears Tavern Uptown in the former Nick's on Wilson space at 1140 W. Wilson Ave. ...
|Pride Parade coordinator provides latest on the 'likely scenario' for event 2021-05-08|
- Tim Frye, the coordinator of the 2021 Pride Parade, told Windy City Times that the assessment of this year's event has not changed over the last few weeks. The official statement/assessment at this point is: "We ...