||BEING CONTINUED Commute
by AK Miller
This article shared 2338 times since Wed May 15, 2013
Today was a bitch. Actually, no, I was the bitch for this day. It's almost 8:30 and I am just now leaving the office. My entire evening is wasted. The date I thought I had sent a nasty text and cancelled because I called twice to say I was going to be late. Another romantic possibility done before it started. Maybe that says something about him. Or too much about me. I don't really fucking care at this point. Some physical contact would have been nice, but who knows if it would have even gone that well. Screw this day. Screw my not getting screwed. It's taken every ounce of willpower I've got to not buy a pack of cigarettes. It's been years, but today almost drove me to it. It just might still. Just get home. That's all I need to do now. Just get across the city and to my neighborhood and home. I'd go to the gym to work off some of this stress, but I woke up late this morning and ran out of the apartment without gym clothes. If I go home first, I know I won't get there. I didn't even shower this morning and I can smell myself. My stress sweat suits me. It makes me want the smell of another man. Or maybe another man to want my smell? I could go for either. Fuck. It's only Thursday. Don't self-destruct. I should just go home. Sleep and start over. Oh hey, there's Mark. Don't engage. Just wave and walk by. No matter how bad my day has been, his will have been worse and I just can't deal. Maybe I should go get a beer. No one goes out this early though. Unless they go to Big Chicks, but that's not really on the way home. Well, not on the way way home. No. Get on the subway and stay on it until my stop. But I'm totally checking Scruff on the ride. Shit. Why is my fare card always almost empty when I'm almost broke. Monica is calling, I'm not answering. She knows why. Hey, this guy is cute and I'm liking what he's saying. Shit. He's only 24. Men should not be allowed to grow full beards until they are 28 or have a Master's. It's only fair. This guy is weird, this guy has no head, this guy is gross. And this guy is trouble. I think I just lost credit points reading his profile. But his damn body is so unbelievably everything I want and I know he wants me. No. No no no. Turn off the apps. Look out the window and watch the sun set. You can make it through the night without putting on the boots and the attitude. Only four more stops anyway. Anxiety, boredom and loneliness do not always have to equal horny. Disappointment does not create desperation. Be fine with being fine by yourself. There. Almost home. The night is still warm and glowing. The day is over and it's a new night. Take ownership of it. Send Monica a text and tell her you forgive her. Call the damned date and see if he is forgiving. Let the kid know you know what he's up to and you'll win that game. Invite him and trouble over and let someone else be your bitch for awhile. Or maybe order a pizza and go to bed. You've got three blocks to decide.
This article shared 2338 times since Wed May 15, 2013
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Pride Journey: Iceland 2022-03-21|
- The only way to describe Iceland is ... magical. It truly is. Iceland is like no other place I've visited in the world. It's topography, climate, people, culture, history, and nightlife blended together make Iceland a ...
|PASSAGES Jeffrey Wayne ("Jef") Morgan 2022-01-11|
- Jeffrey Wayne "Jef" Morgan, of Chicago's West Rogers Park neighborhood, passed away unexpectedly from a heart attack while shoveling snow on Jan. 2. He was 58. Jef was the well-loved manager at Little Jim's on ...
|'Andersonville Homecoming' Sept. 24-26; line-up, vendors, safety protocols announced 2021-09-15|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (Sept. 15, 2021) The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce (ACC) is pleased to announce the full entertainment line-up and vendors for Andersonville Homecoming--a three-night, two-day outdoor festival featuring ...
|Next OUTspoken show Sept. 7 2021-08-24|
- An OUTspoken Storytelling Night taking place Tuesday, Sept. 7, will offer tales told by six people who will relate their stories of fun and fortune from a LGBTQ+ perspective. The entertainment will start at 7 p.m. ...
|Taste of River North cancelled 2021-07-29|
- On July 29, the River North Residents Association, along with theMART and Duff Entertainment, announced the cancellation of the 2021 edition of Taste of River North. The event was slated to take place Aug. 20-21 at ...
|OUTspoken storytelling to host six takes from LGBTQ+ perspective 2021-07-26|
--From a press release - The month of August is hot - but OUTspoken at the Sidetrack will be even hotter on Aug. 3 when six storytellers will tell tales of fun and fortune from a LGBTQ+ perspective! The program will start at 7:00 pm at ...
|LGBTQIA+ tavern to open in Uptown this fall 2021-07-14|
- 2Bears Tavern Groupwhich owns and operates Andersonville's The SoFo Tap and Meeting House Tavern as well as Rogers Park's Jackhammeris opening 2Bears Tavern Uptown in the former Nick's on Wilson space at 1140 W. Wilson Ave. ...
|Pride Parade coordinator provides latest on the 'likely scenario' for event 2021-05-08|
- Tim Frye, the coordinator of the 2021 Pride Parade, told Windy City Times that the assessment of this year's event has not changed over the last few weeks. The official statement/assessment at this point is: "We ...
|OUTspoken Storytelling to host tales from LGBTQ perspectives Nov. 10 2020-11-01|
--From a press release - Another exciting OUTspoken Storytelling Night will offer the perspective of four Chicagoans telling life's stories from their LGBTQ+ viewpoint or that of their close friends and relatives, Tuesday, Nov. 10, starting at 7 p.m. on Zoom. ...
|Arts in the Dark Halloween Parade, this year a drive-through 2020-10-26|
--From a Chicago Park District press release - CHICAGO: LUMA8, in collaboration with the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE), the Chicago Park District and Presenting Sponsor, the Blommer Chocolate Company, is pleased to announce Arts in the Dark - an UPSIDE ...
|Nightlines 1990-2001, Nightspots 2001-2015 2020-09-30|
- Throughout the 1990s, Nightlines focused on the LGBTQ entertainment scene, from the bars to the stage and everything in between. With the new millennium came a significant format change as Nightspots focused in on the bar ...
|PASSAGES Former Northalsted bartender Eric Sangster dies at 37 2020-09-27|
- Northalsted bartender Eric Sangster died Sept. 17 unexpectedly at the age of 37. At the time of this article's publication, Sangster's cause of death is unknown. Sangster was born June 4, 1983, on a Jacksonville, North ...
|PASSAGES Gay business owner/nightlife figure Bob Yeaworth dies 2020-09-20|
- Gay business owner and promoter Robert "Bob" Yeaworth died Sept. 14 from complications due to his ALS (also known as Lou Gehrig's disease) diagnosis. He was 64. Yeaworth was born Sept. 17, 1955 in Cincinnati, Ohio, ...
|PASSAGES Medusa's owner Dave Shelton passes away 2020-08-19|
- Dave Shelton, a.k.a. Dave "Medusa" Sheltonso named for his trademark frizzy locks "just was different," recalled his good friend of 45 years, Richard Cooke. Shelton was the proprietor of the iconic nightspot Medusa's on Sheffield in ...
|Gerber/Hart fall benefit Sept. 12-13
- The Gerber/Hart Library and Archives fall benefit"Saving LGBTQ History: Archives in a Time of Activism"will take place Sept. 12-13 at the venue, 6500 N. Clark St. On those days, there will be a series of 90-minute ...