WINDY CITY TIMES
||Art expo announces DuSable tie-in
Special to the online edition of Windy City Times
This article shared 363 times since Tue Mar 14, 2017
Expo Chicago, The International Exposition of Contemporary & Modern Artwith the Palais de Tokyo in Paris, the Institut francais and The DuSable Museum of African American History, in partnership with Cultural Services of the French Embassy in the United Statesannounced The Roundhouse at the DuSable Museum as the official location for a large-scale, off-site exhibition project and official program to open in Chicago as the kick-off for the sixth edition of the expo, which will take place Sept. 13-17.
The first U.S. satellite exhibition of Palais de Tokyo, as part of its broader worldwide Hors les Murs initiative, will open during Expo Art Week on Sept. 12 and run concurrently during the 2017 Chicago Architecture Biennial ( Sept. 16-Dec. 31 ) through Oct. 29.
The exhibition will explore the experience of a space and its transformation into an artistic gesture that conducts the viewer's experience.
See ExpoChicago.com .
This article shared 363 times since Tue Mar 14, 2017
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Center on Halsted's Silver Fork program reopening 2022-01-18|
- Application sessions for the Center on Halsted's Silver Fork program—which incorporates short-term culinary arts and job readiness—will take place Feb. 1-2, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. The free seven-week program is ideal for adults who want to enter ...
|Illinois organizations included in NEA's $33M grant dispersal 2022-01-16|
- The National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) recently announced the first round of recommended awards for fiscal year 2022, with 1,498 awards totaling nearly $33.2 million, a press release stated. Grants for Arts Projects funding spans ...
|SHOWBIZ Music festivals, Murray Bartlett, Reese Witherspoon, author David Sedaris 2022-01-16|
- Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival revealed the lineup for this year's festival, taking place June 16-19 on the Bonnaroo Farm in Manchester, Tennessee, a press release noted. Highlights will include performances by Tool, J. Cole, Stevie ...
|WORLD German official, museum items, cake case 2022-01-09|
- WORLD COMPILED BY WCT STAFF In Senegal, lawmakers stopped from passing to parliamentary vote a draft bill that sought to toughen already severe laws against same-sex relations, Openly News reported. Gay sex is punishable by up ...
|THEATER 'Queens of Infinite Space' canceled because of COVID 2022-01-07|
- With the increase in COVID-19 cases in Chicago and beyond, Proboscis Theatre has decided to cancel the performances of The Queens of Infinite Space set to run at Epiphany Center for Arts, 201 S. Ashland Ave., ...
|Chicago's historic Fine Arts Building launches new website, ticketing for spring productions 2021-12-21|
- Chicago's Fine Arts Building, 410 S. Michigan Ave., launched its new look and a website with centralized ticketing and rental platforms that encompass all of the landmark building's spaces: artists' studios, offices, rehearsal halls and two ...
|Actor, poet, arts activist Jerrie Johnson talks new Amazon show 'Harlem,' other work 2021-12-20|
- Jerrie Johnson's mission to book a series regular role six months after finishing graduate school came to fruition when they (Johnson uses they/them pronouns) were cast as Tye, a lesbian dating app creator/CEO (who uses she/her ...
|ART DePaul exhibition to explore themes of torture, reparations 2021-12-17|
- DePaul Art Museum's exhibition "Remaking the Exceptional: Tea, Torture, and Reparations | Chicago to Guantanamo" marks 20 years since the opening of the United States' extralegal prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, and examines the local and ...
|Pop-culture event C2E2 returns to Chicago 2021-12-14|
- The Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo (C2E2) returned to the South Building of McCormick Place on Dec. 10-12. It was a different season to hold the convention that usually happens in the summer, but organizers wanted ...
|Photography giant Annie Leibovitz talks 'Wonderland' at Chicago Humanities Festival 2021-12-13|
- In its classic style of spotlighting creative humans, the Chicago Humanities Festival (CHF) hosted "Ellen Stone Belic Presents: In Her Infinite Wisdom Annie Leibovitz: Wonderland" on Dec. 7 at the Harris Theater for Music and Dance. ...
|THEATER REVIEW Mr. Dickens' Hat 2021-12-09|
- Title: Mr. Dickens' Hat. Playwright: Michael Hollinger At: Northlight Theatre at the North Shore Center for the Arts, 9501 Skokie Blvd. in Skokie. Tickets: $30-$89; Northlight.org . Runs through: Jan. 2 Dickens was NOT dead ...
|Autistic ChicanIndia queer artist Sabrina Zarco discusses creative process 2021-12-06|
- Sabrina Zarco is a ChicanIndia queer femme multi-media artist. She is also an activist, poet, cultural worker and community educator. Her visual artwork, or "artivist work," as Zarco calls it on her website, documents stories often ...
|ART Wrightwood 659 exhibits extended into 2022 2021-12-06|
- Two exhibitions currently on view at Wrightwood 659a private, non-collecting institution at 659 W. Wrightwood Ave. devoted to socially engaged art and to architecturewill be extended through Feb. 26, 2022. "Romanticism to Ruin: Two Lost Works ...
|ART 'Frida: Immersive Dream' coming to Germania Place in 2022 2021-11-30|
- Lighthouse Immersive, North America's leading producer of ground-breaking experiential art exhibits, and Maestro Immersive Art announce their newest immersive art installation, "Frida: Immersive Dream." This exhibition will run at Lighthouse ...
|MCA announces new curatorial leadership 2021-11-18|
- The Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago (MCA) announces the appointments of two new leaders to its curatorial teamRene Morales, as the James W. Alsdorf Chief Curator; and Jamillah James, as Manilow Senior Curator. Morales and James ...