||Angela Bassett to accept award
This article shared 5028 times since Wed Apr 1, 2009
Actress Angela Bassett ( What's Love Got to Do with It, Malcolm X, Notorious, Akeelah and the Bee, and TV's Alias and ER ) will be among those honored at The Theatre School ( TTS ) at DePaul University's 21st Annual Awards for Excellence in the Arts, Tuesday, April 28, at the Four Seasons Hotel, 120 E. Delaware, 6-9 p.m.
Bassett will accept the 2009 Award for Excellence in the Arts. Director/actor Dennis Dugan ( I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, Big Daddy ) will receive the 2009 Alumni Award for Excellence in the Arts.
The ticket price for the benefit is $500 each, with tables for 10 starting at $5,000. For tickets or more information, call PJH & Associates, Inc., at 312-553-2000.
This article shared 5028 times since Wed Apr 1, 2009
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Music Box to run Pedro Almodovar films starting March 12
- On Friday, March 12, Music Box Theatre, 3733 N. Southport Ave., and Sony Pictures Classics will present Pedro Almodovar's critically acclaimed English-language debut, the short film The Human Voice, starring Tilda Swinton and freely based on ...
|Sisters in Cinema brings back Learn & Earn Program: Sisters in Cinema Newsroom 2021-03-02|
--From a press release - CHICAGO, IL- Sisters in Cinema, a Chicago-based 501 (c)3 recently in the news for breaking ground on their new Media Arts Center, is proud to announce the return of their Sisters in Cinema Newsroom Program, and ...
|Awards season kicks off with 2021 Golden Globes 2021-03-01|
- The 78th Annual Golden Globes Awards were distributed Feb. 28 in a quasi-virtual event hosted by performers Tina Fey at the Rainbow Room in New York City and Amy Poehler at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly ...
|MOVIES Director Ali LeRoi on his LGBT time-loop film
'The Obituary of Tunde Johnson' 2021-02-28|
- The Obituary of Tunde Johnson is a movie with some familiar elements—but they're used to make a novel film. The movie uses the time-loop element that's probably most popular in the film Groundhog Day. However, director ...
|MOVIES Dutch journalist talks about making 'My Friend, the Mayor' 2021-02-17|
- In the Amazon Prime Video documentary My Friend, the Mayor: Small-town Democracy in the Age of Trump, Dutch journalist Max Westerman profiles friend Sean Strub, an openly gay activist, activist, long-term AIDS survivor and POZ magazine ...
|New dance film features 46 dancers from 20 countries
- Films.Dancea global film series produced by and under the creative direction of LA-based Jacob Jonas The Companycontinues with Match, the single most expansive collaboration in the 15-film series. Match features ...
|Showbiz: Jodie Foster, 'Aretha,' gospel singer, Cody Newman, gay actors 2021-02-14|
- While promoting her new film The Mauritanian, Jodie Foster said she "was a little scared of" acting alongside Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs, Yahoo! Entertainment noted. Of Silence (which has its 30th anniversary this ...
|LGBTQ+ film critics group unveils nominations
- The Society of LGBTQ Entertainment Critics (GALECA) revealed the nominations for the 2021 Dorian Film Awards on Feb. 11. Minari leads the way with six nominations, including best film and best foreign-language film; Nomadland scored five ...
|MOVIES 'Wonder Woman 1984' coming to PVOD, Digital, Blu-Ray
- The movie Wonder Woman 1984the sequel starring Gal Gadot, with Patty Jenkins as directoris arriving on Premium Video on Demand (PVOD), 4K, Blu-ray, DVD and Digital, according to a press release from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. ...
|Groundbreaking ceremony held for Sisters in Cinema Media Arts Center 2021-02-09|
- Sisters in Cinema held a press conference Feb. 8 at the South Shore Cultural Center to commemorate the construction of its new state-of-the-art Media Arts Center that will be at 2310 E. 75th St. The event, ...
|Sisters in Cinema groundbreaking Ceremony promises access, training in South Shore 2021-02-05|
--From a press release - CHICAGO, IL - South Shore will soon have access to a state-of-the art media facility now that a local organization has begun construction on its new brick-and-mortar home. Sisters in Cinema, a 501(c)3 dedicated to celebrating ...
|Wizard World Chicago moved from June to August
- Wizard Brands, Inc. announced that its scheduled 2021 live event in Chicago has been postponed due to COVID-19 restrictions and in continued accordance with federal, state and local guidelines. Instead of the original dates of June ...
|SAG nominations announced; Boseman gets four nods
- Nominations for the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards were announced Feb. 4. On the film side, Deadline noted that the late Chadwick Boseman made SAG Awards nomination history by receiving four nominations: for his lead role ...
|Donald Trump resigns from SAG-AFTRA; group tersely responds
- Former U.S. President Donald Trump resigned from SAG-AFTRA (Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists) after the organization's national board recently voted overwhelmingly to find probable cause of ...
|Golden Globe nods announced; LGBTQ shows, characters and actors included
- Nominations for the 78th Annual Golden Globe Awards—which honor the best in television and film—were announced Feb. 3. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler will return as hosts of the event for a fourth time. The Golden ...