WINDY CITY TIMES
||ART 'Immersive Van Gogh' extended through Sept. 6 in Chicago
This article shared 610 times since Sat Feb 13, 2021
Lighthouse ArtSpace Chicagoa new venue within Chicago's recently renovated landmark Germania Club Building, 108 W. Germania Pl.will extend the dates of the U.S. premiere of the art experience "Immersive Van Gogh Exhibit" through Sept. 6.
Lighthouse ArtSpace Chicago, a three-story facility, is dedicated to immersive art presentations. Utilizing the building's Victorian Era architectural details, 35-foot-tall walls and multiple levels (including balconies), the venue will present vibrant immersive art exhibitions that surround the viewer on all sides.
Immersive Van Gogh is a visually spectacular digital art exhibition that recently received widespread critical acclaim during its debut in Toronto. The exhibit invites audiences to "step inside" the iconic works of post-Impressionist artist Vincent van Gogh, evoking his highly emotional and chaotic inner consciousness through art, light, music, movement and imagination.
Following COVID-related restrictions, the 45-minute, walk-through experience has been designed with health and safety as a priority. Safety precautions include touchless ticket-taking, temperature checks upon arrival, hand-sanitizer stations, social-distancing markers throughout the venue and digitally projected social distancing circles on the gallery floors to ensure appropriate spacing. All guests must wear face coverings at all times during their visit.
Ticket prices start at $39.99 for adults ($24.99 for children 16 or younger), with untimed and flexible ticket options available. Visit VanGoghChicago.com or call 844-307-4644.
This article shared 610 times since Sat Feb 13, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Chicago soccer team holding anthem contest
- The Chicago-based soccer club Edgewater Castle FC (ECFC) is holding a competition for Chicago musicians, artists and composers to write its new club anthem. According to a press release, "The anthem will be sung by players ...
|PASSAGES Maya Kali Evans dies at 53 2021-02-19|
- Maya Kali Evans (formerly Curtis O. Love)—a tattoo artist and caregiver who resided in Newark, Illinois, and who previously lived in Chicago and Philadelphia—passed away peacefully Feb. 18, 2021, at home in Newark. She was 53. ...
|Court Theatre announces 2021 Southside Youth Fest, platform for teens 2021-02-18|
--From a press release - Chicago, IL - Court Theatre, under the continuing leadership of Charles Newell, Marilyn F. Vitale Artistic Director, and Executive Director Angel Ysaguirre, announces Court's 2021 Southside Youth Fest, inviting South Side teens to submit original digi ...
|Court Theatre premieres spotlight podcast highlighting Black writers 2021-02-18|
--From a press release - Chicago, IL - Court Theatre, under the continuing leadership of Charles Newell, Marilyn F. Vitale Artistic Director, and Executive Director Angel Ysaguirre, announces the online premiere of its Spotlight Podcast. A key component of Court's community ...
|Queer musician Ari Gold dies at 47
- New York City-based dance artist Ari Gold has died at age 47 after a long battle with cancer, according to out.com. Gold—who was also known as Sir Ari and GoldNation— released seven albums as a part ...
|Stage Left Theatre announces new Literary Manager 2021-02-13|
--From a press release - Stage Left Theatre is delighted to announce Bobbi Masters as our new Literary Manager. She is an artist/educator with a passion for new work who has been involved in various phases of new play development throughout ...
|Man charged with vandalizing Ald. Lopez's office
- A man has been charged with spray-painting the office of Chicago Ald. Raymond Lopez, according to a Chicago Sun-Times item. Antonio Torres, 28, of the 3900 block of South Artesian Avenue, was arrested and charged with ...
|Groundbreaking ceremony held for Sisters in Cinema Media Arts Center 2021-02-09|
- Sisters in Cinema held a press conference Feb. 8 at the South Shore Cultural Center to commemorate the construction of its new state-of-the-art Media Arts Center that will be at 2310 E. 75th St. The event, ...
|Howard Brown, museum partner for no-cost COVID testing in Pilsen
- Howard Brown Health and the National Museum of Mexican Art (NMMA) have announced a partnership to provide no-cost COVID-19 testing in Pilsen. The new testing site will be embedded inside the NMMA, 1852 W. 19th St., ...
|WORLD Turkish items, Gibraltar couple, lesbian lawmaker dies, Australia 2021-02-07|
- In Turkey, four students were arrested over artwork that reportedly depicted LGBT rainbow symbols alongside an image of a sacred Islamic site, the BBC reported. Students at Bogazici University in Istanbul have been protesting against the ...
|Comics: CAKE postponed to 2022
- The Chicago Alternative Comics Expo (CAKE) has been postponed to 2022. In an open letter, organizers stated, "While we are encouraged that the State of Illinois has, as of this writing, administered COVID-19 vaccine doses to ...
|FLXST opening exhibit featuring artists of color on Feb. 13
- FLXST Contemporary, 2251 S. Michigan Ave.—a fine arts and photography gallery as well as an arts incubator—will open its first 2021 group show, "Against Impossibility," on Saturday, Feb. 13, with a reception at 5:30 p.m. The ...
|Sisters in Cinema groundbreaking Ceremony promises access, training in South Shore 2021-02-05|
--From a press release - CHICAGO, IL - South Shore will soon have access to a state-of-the art media facility now that a local organization has begun construction on its new brick-and-mortar home. Sisters in Cinema, a 501(c)3 dedicated to celebrating ...
|Hubbard Street Dance Chicago names new artistic director
- Hubbard Street Dance Chicago (HSDC) announced that former company member Linda-Denise Fisher-Harrell has been named artistic director of the contemporary dance company, effective March 1. A native of Baltimore, Fisher-Harrell ...
|National AIDS Memorial observes Black History Month
- During Black History Month, the National AIDS Memorial is honoring Black lives lost to AIDS with a specially curated selection of 56 blocks of the AIDS Memorial Quilt (the Quilt), a press release announced. "This virtual ...